**The Official "Matt stay in PJ" Thread**

Deep In The OceanDeep In The Ocean Posts: 196
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So, as a fan and a ten club member, I want to share my support for Matt Cameron to stay in the band in relationship with the SG return (what it does not want to say that he should leave the group, but it is what I am thinking about this moment)

After thinkin' a lot of time in this topic, I must say that in my opinion, Matt Cameron is my favourite drummer for PJ for 3 principal reasons:

1) He handles the pace of an excellent form and with complicated enough steps / times that fit perfectly with the creativity of the entire group, and makes it more special and melodiously rich as the other members do, with his special way of playing his instrument and the connection between the musician and the instrument it's in the same high level that to other PJ members...every member of PJ is unique in his personal tastes and execution of their instruments, and that it is very important in the mechanics of the group.

2) Great resistance, he can play the drums for 2 or 3 hours and maybe more (and I don't think that Dave A. or Jack Irons can do this with 47 years)

3) He takes part actively in the processes of creation of the group writing music or letters, which they can taste or not but which reflect the creativity beyond the simple execution of the instrument.

4) 12 years with PJ.
From Montevideo, Uruguay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    Why would you assume Matt is leaving?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Why would you assume Matt is leaving?
    cause of the soundgarden reunion :roll: *yawns*

band only tours 2 weeks at a time these days anyways. so your worries aren't really needed OP.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont understand this type of threads...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i dont understand this type of threads...

I'm just sayin' that in my opinion Matt is the best drummer for PJ. And this thread is against the "Matt leaves PJ" threads or comments or rumors...I'm sayin' that Matt is going to stay in PJ and the reasons that I believe important for his presence in the band...hope you understand now.
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Umm you make ALL these points but he does SO much more work and better shit in Soundgarden.. we all know how good he is because of his work in Soundgarden. This is the man playing Jesus Christ Pose day in day out!

Think he destroyed Even Flow too though?

But yeah Dave A to come back IF Matt was leaving but no one has said he is so just chill!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont understand this type of threads...

I'm just sayin' that in my opinion Matt is the best drummer for PJ. And this thread is against the "Matt leaves PJ" threads or comments or rumors...I'm sayin' that Matt is going to stay in PJ and the reasons that I believe important for his presence in the band...hope you understand now.
    he is the best drummer for pj..i m with u on this...
    i believe only what band says about this things...rumors rumors...is always out there about that,,last year stone was out of the band and not going to Aus tour..dont believe anything..soundgarden will go on tour..so what???eddie make solo tour ..u think he is leaving the band?
    Matt is a smart person,he make the right choices,,he did the best 12 years ago.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    official threads must have 3 stars in the subject heading to qualify as being official. 2 don't count.

sorry
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    Brisk. wrote:
    Umm you make ALL these points but he does SO much more work and better shit in Soundgarden.. we all know how good he is because of his work in Soundgarden. This is the man playing Jesus Christ Pose day in day out!

But yeah Dave A to come back IF Matt was leaving but no one has said he is so just chill!
    I agree... Matt is far more compatible with Soundgarden than Pearl Jam in my opinion, in terms of the sound he provides each band. For Pearl Jam, I'd prefer any previous drummer of theirs over Matt... Come on, Jack Irons :mrgreen:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    benjs wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I agree... Matt is far more compatible with Soundgarden than Pearl Jam in my opinion, in terms of the sound he provides each band. For Pearl Jam, I'd prefer any previous drummer of theirs over Matt... Come on, Jack Irons :mrgreen:

Ewe! I agree that I dont like the way matt plays even flow, and I usally prefer dave a. stuffs over matts, but thats only like 2 albums worth of songs, who knows if he could make all the other stuff sound good, sorry jack or dave k., neither of you come close to matt or dave a. :?