Options

flaming lips doing darkside!!

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited April 2010 in Other Music
really wasnt impressed to begin with but after giving it another shot... it seems they really put together a very good cover of darkside and truly put their signature on it. really love time and any colour you like. its going to raise hell when i see this performed live at bonnaroo. two months away!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    it's not good.
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    KO282453 wrote:
    it's not good.
    ok.. well i think its fucking great!!
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    It's weird and has grown on me, but I think it shows signs of potential and falls short of what could have been. With the addition of the extra band, it just sounds like a clusterfuck that they're trying to take in different directions with way too much going on and no clear vision of how they wanted to recreate the album.

I'll be seeing them do it at Bonnaroo, so we'll see how it translates there.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Wish I was seeing this at Bonnaroo.

I'm with you folks, didn't like it to begin with and now I'm playing it more. They are just paying tribute and putting their own quirky little spin on things. People are making too much out of the whole "Untouchable" angle. So what? These things happen.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    where can one listen to the studio version of this. i saw them at the who rock honors concert 2 years ago and i wasn't really impressed by them.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    metsfan wrote:
    where can one listen to the studio version of this. i saw them at the who rock honors concert 2 years ago and i wasn't really impressed by them.
    I got it on iTunes a few months ago, it should still be up there. Initially they did it as an iTunes exclusive, but it will be on CD and LP for independent record store day next week.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Want a preview? here's the NYE set of Dark Side:

http://www.youtube.com/user/chaunceygardiner52
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It's pretty bad. They shoulda took it in a Soft Bulletin/Yoshimi direction.

Their cover of Bohemian Rhapsody is nicely done and more in the vein of somethin that would actually sound worth a crap.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    it's not that bad. def give them props for having the balls to try this. this sounds much better then them covering the who.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?