Options

Please tell me this is NOT true

flamingo1013flamingo1013 Posts: 29
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Saw this in picture and comment in the Chicago Tribune today...hope they are misinformed...FORMER???

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-pod-pix,0,6615505.photogallery
Chi 3/94
SNL 4/94
CHI/Soldier Field 7/95
CHi/UC 6/98
Detroit 10/00
Allstate Arena 10/00
Atlanta 4/03
CHI/UC 6/03
Alpine Valley 6/03
Chi/UC 5/06
Chi/UC 5/06
Honolulu 12/06
Kokua (Ed) 4/07
Kokua (Ed) 4/07
Lolla 8/07
WPB 6/08
Tampa 6/08
VH1 Honors 7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    i find pic number 3 to be most disturbing

look at all that dope!
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    "FORMER Pearl Jam singer" .... WTF??

O.O
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Eh... probably just some wingnut copywriter who assumes that a solo tour means he's no longer w/the band.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    It's just some knucklehead caption writer.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    this is NOT true.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Get_Right wrote:

look at all that dope!

Seriously, 6.7 tons?! Wow. Can I just get one of those bricks? Maybe two? haha

Oh yea, as for the caption, it's just some doofus writer for the Trib. And Cusack looks kinda freaky too.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

look at all that dope!

6.7 TONS????
    *drools*
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Well as a photographer for the paper myself the photog actually writes the caption below the photos. Now, he can just be making the assumption that since Eddie is on a Solo tour that he is no longer in the band( that would be my guess). Also, the editors don't really look at the cutlines to much when we send that stuff in, they just check for spelling and grammar. In some cases though, I have had them re-write everything for some odd reason( slow day at the paper I guess) but that rarely ever happens.

So I would say photog just made a mistake and the Editor didn't check.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Mcam55 wrote:
    if its on the internet...IT MUST BE TRUE.

yes! this article says stone (formerly of pj) left in 2007 :D
    http://blog.kexp.org/blog/2007/10/17/live-at-cmj-brad/
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Editors are supposed to check, that's why they're editors. Please do not make excuses for the horrendous, unprofessional manner of today's newspapers. Illiterate, inaccurate, just vehicles for madvertising.

But I'm telling you, I'm putting that line on a T-shirt, former Pearl Jam singer and SOLO MUSICIAN...now THAT'S a vocal ullulation....:)
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Get_Right wrote:

look at all that dope!

What a shame!

Even more disturbing is how John Cusack looks in that photo!!!

Lloyd Dobler... what has become of you?! :)
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    I dont think they would be making a new album if they werent still together.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    Notice the Pink Floyd Dark Side shirt. NICE.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I believe that was an OVER-reaction.

Just because some misinformed newspaper writer thinks it, does not make it true.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Has it been edited now then?

I ask as when I click the link it says this with the Picture of the Stanley Cup Trophy:

Celebs and Stanley
    Detroit Red Wings hockey player and former Chicago Blackhawk Chris Chelios (left), actor John Cusack (center) and Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder pose with the Stanley Cup trophy before the start of the Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    Saw this in picture and comment in the Chicago Tribune today...hope they are misinformed...FORMER???

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-pod-pix,0,6615505.photogallery

Unless they recently changed it, I dont quite understand what this thread is all about. It should be called "Chelly, greasier then ever."
  • Options
    Wait a minute. It doesn't say "Former" Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. I just copied this a minute ago.

(Tribune photo by Phil Velasquez / August 22, 2008)
    Celebs and Stanley
    Detroit Red Wings hockey player and former Chicago Blackhawk Chris Chelios (left), actor John Cusack (center) and Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder pose with the Stanley Cup trophy before the start of the Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

Now, the blog that says former PJ Stone Gossard is disturbing.

I think maybe who ever is writing these articles is confused because of the Pearl Jam member's other projects. Maybe they just don't realize the band has always had other projects.

And yes, John Cusack does look disturbing, and Ed's shirt is definatly cool :cool:

edit: oops, Fitz beat me to it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    Wait a minute. It doesn't say "Former" Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. I just copied this a minute ago.

Celebs and Stanley

I think maybe who ever is writing these articles is confused because of the Pearl Jam member's other projects. Maybe they just don't realize the band has always had other projects.

And yes, John Cusack does look disturbing, and Ed's shirt is definatly cool :cool:

earlier, it said eddie was the former front man. I figured it was an error. :)
    But I am nosey and searched on "formerly of pearl jam" and that's when I found that thing about stone.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ed's smile is so cute in that picture. I just want to pinch his cheeks!

that man on the left resembles kevin costner.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options

Celebs and Stanley

edit: oops, Fitz beat me to it.

I did and either the thread starter is pulling our pisser or it was a mistake thats been edited.

As for Stone, well we knew that as his Twin Brother kindly stepped in for this years dates. He will be missed! Actually no, its terrible journalism.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Ed is one little guy!!

Chris is pretty hot.....:eek:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,576
    And thats how the news would be broken to us all...on some shitty new website done by some half wit reporter
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    And thats how the news would be broken to us all...on some shitty new website done by some half wit reporter

Indeed, I was thinking that earlier. It appears when people start these panics its something that is greatly missed and they appear to have forgotten.

FFS just enjoy them instead of posting this CRAP!
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    finnannie wrote:
    "FORMER Pearl Jam singer" .... WTF??

O.O
    R U people high? It does not say former referring to Ed. Its refering to the Red Wings player. Read it again.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Looks like the wingnut fixed the mistake.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    It said former Chicago Blackhawk Chris Chelios.
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    This is what it said before they edited it:

"Celebs and Stanley
    Detroit Red Wings hockey player and former Chicago Blackhawk Chris Chelios (left), actor John Cusack (center), and former Pearl Jam singer and solo musician Eddie Vedder pose with the Stanley Cup trophy before the start of the Cubs game at Wrigley Field. "

John Cusack's eyesockets look hollowed :eek:
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    Ed is one little guy!!

Chris is pretty hot.....:eek:
    when i briefly met him he was about 3 inches taller than me, and i'm 5'2. but on a side note, he DOES look really adorable in that picture :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Get_Right wrote:

look at all that dope!

I find it disturbing that its there and not in my basement...oh the profits and the good times that could come from 6.7 tons
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    R U people high? It does not say former referring to Ed. Its refering to the Red Wings player. Read it again.

It has been edited to correct the mistake. Probably because of this thread. Good going, everybody!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do