Options

Where to stay in Chicago

flamingo1013flamingo1013 Posts: 29
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I know many of you have different budgets. There are a lot of places near the venue to stay. One of the most reasonable is the Best Western Grant Park. This is about a 5 block walk to venue, decent location, safe and clean. Little wine bar and restaurant downstairs, nothing fancy.
The Hilton on Michigan is close but pricier. I would avoid the congress hotel as they have had a strike for over 2 years. I heard complaints from those who stayed there for lolla.
I can also let you know about bars, restaurants. I live 4 blocks from venue, no tickets yet, but will be at the fundraisers, hopefully attending shows.
Chi 3/94
SNL 4/94
CHI/Soldier Field 7/95
CHi/UC 6/98
Detroit 10/00
Allstate Arena 10/00
Atlanta 4/03
CHI/UC 6/03
Alpine Valley 6/03
Chi/UC 5/06
Chi/UC 5/06
Honolulu 12/06
Kokua (Ed) 4/07
Kokua (Ed) 4/07
Lolla 8/07
WPB 6/08
Tampa 6/08
VH1 Honors 7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SamuleSamule Posts: 3,231
    thanks, whats wrong with your house?
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Samule wrote:
    thanks, whats wrong with your house?

haunted.
  • Options
    yes, most places in chicago are haunted.
    Chi 3/94
    SNL 4/94
    CHI/Soldier Field 7/95
    CHi/UC 6/98
    Detroit 10/00
    Allstate Arena 10/00
    Atlanta 4/03
    CHI/UC 6/03
    Alpine Valley 6/03
    Chi/UC 5/06
    Chi/UC 5/06
    Honolulu 12/06
    Kokua (Ed) 4/07
    Kokua (Ed) 4/07
    Lolla 8/07
    WPB 6/08
    Tampa 6/08
    VH1 Honors 7/08
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    i used to be in a little paranormal club. hey the congress was cool it was really nice and haunted by ghosts. i stayed there for lolla i liked it it was a very nice clean room. . i know the expensive hotel are the sheraton, ritz and 4 seasons and theres also the drake its haunted but, it pricy. i thought the congess was nice and close. they are on strike who cares? hope you have fun at the show
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    We stayed at the Hard Rock for Lolla...it was not worth what we paid for it. Although Amy Winehouse stayed there too, and I was nearly run over by Perez Hilton being pushed around on a freaking luggage cart. What a fat ass. We have stayed at the Allerton, which is right on Michigan Ave and it was really nice. The rooms are tiny, but very clean and cozy. We got a great deal on Priceline. We have also stayed at the hotel that connects to the Nordstrom mall, I can't remember the name of it...(can someone help me?) It was really nice too. I wish I were going to Chicago. It's not that far of a drive for us..but I already got tickets to DC2. I am trying for DC1 on TM today...if i am not lucky, I may have to try for Chicago. We will see. Wish me luck. :)
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm getting a room at The Blackstone. Rooms were reasonable ($138 via Expedia) for a luxury hotel. It was built in 1910 and has lots of history (Al Capone got his hair cut there).

Also, even though it is old, it just got done with a renovation so the rooms have a modern touch.

It's also only a few blocks from the venue and right across from Grant Park.
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    We are staying at The Blake. It appears to be about 4 blocks from the venue. My wife has stayed there before and says it is nice.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Eventhough I am from and live in the Chicago area, I have stayed at the following hotels.

The Hilton on Michigan Avenue is great. My wife and I have stayed there a couple of times for a weekend downtown. It is definitely worth the extra cash.

The Hyatt Regency sucks! That one is not worth the cash.

The W hotel is average.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I know many of you have different budgets. There are a lot of places near the venue to stay. One of the most reasonable is the Best Western Grant Park. This is about a 5 block walk to venue, decent location, safe and clean. Little wine bar and restaurant downstairs, nothing fancy.
    The Hilton on Michigan is close but pricier. I would avoid the congress hotel as they have had a strike for over 2 years. I heard complaints from those who stayed there for lolla.
    I can also let you know about bars, restaurants. I live 4 blocks from venue, no tickets yet, but will be at the fundraisers, hopefully attending shows.

WHAT?! the congress was great! and the hotel bar freakin rules! and that 5 block walk is beautiful!!! dammit i wanna go.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    becks519becks519 Posts: 13
    last year i stayed at the hotel allegro for lolla - it was about $130 a night. it's a really nice place PLUUUS free evening wine hour

http://www.allegrochicago.com
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    http://www.hamptonmajestic.com

Free Hot Breakfast hotel is just over a year old.
  • Options
    Becky407Becky407 Posts: 21
    Last year for Lolla, my sister and I stayed at Hotel 71. It was nice enough and we got it reasonably cheap but the elevators were so incredibly scary . I won't go back just for that reason.. And we were to high up to take the stairs because they had some floors blocked off. It was a gorgeous view of the river though from our hotel room. It's too bad.. I'd stay there again if they could fix the elevators.

For the EV shows, my friend and I are staying at The W. It looks nice enough and while it's a longer distance then some hotels, I like being by Navy Pier and in that area.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    The Congress Hotel is literally right across the street from the venue. I've stayed there for work before and thought it was pretty decent.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Best western Grant Park is nice and relatively inexpensive
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=14120nice

or priceline can usually get you a very nice hotel for about 100$ a night
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    The Penninsula is very nice, but about $450 per night and offers the best of ammenities.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    voodoopug wrote:
    The Penninsula is very nice, but about $450 per night and offers the best of ammenities.

I was waiting for someone to mention the Penninsula.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20