CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
For a 5th rounder

this team is gonna kick major ass
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Be prepared to hear a lot of ...

Tomlinson, to the outside ... tackled, after a gain of one.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    Be prepared to hear a lot of ...

Tomlinson, to the outside ... tackled, after a gain of one.

not with their O- line

the thugs are in town 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    If Sanchez has an above average year there is no way that this team doesn't win the AFC East. I hate it because I'm a Dolphins fan but it's 100% true.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I can see sort of see why they wanted to trade him with the suspension coming up, a message to Ben and the rest of the team, and he went to Ohio State ;) … but only getting a 5th round pick? I would have thought they could have got more from other teams that are desperate for a good wide receiver (looking at you Dan Snyder). Not looking good for the Steelers in 2010. Limas Sweed better be ready to step up. I guess we can put receiver as a big need right after corner and o-line. And maybe QB after today. Looks like a good move for the Jets though, they whored the Steelers front office on this one.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    I can see sort of see why they wanted to trade him with the suspension coming up, a message to Ben and the rest of the team, and he went to Ohio State ;) … but only getting a 5th round pick? I would have thought they could have got more from other teams that are desperate for a good wide receiver (looking at you Dan Snyder). Not looking good for the Steelers in 2010. Limas Sweed better be ready to step up. I guess we can put receiver as a big need right after corner and o-line. And maybe QB after today. Looks like a good move for the Jets though, they whored the Steelers front office on this one.

limas sweed sucks...he should be cut ASAP...

as for this trade, there has to be more going on than we know...

Let's hope Mike Wallace can fill the void...

anyway, the jets may look good on paper, but winning is another matter...
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    :shock: Limus Sweed? Doesn't he drop more ball that he catches? I have mixed emotions on this one as Holmes was one of my faves. Its become quite obvious with this move that the Rooneys arent f'in around. Ben and every other player should take note! Guessing this will be the conversation of the day in the 'Burgh!!!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    There is a rumor that they are shopping Big Ben to the Raiders for a 6th round pick in the 2014 draft...... :lol:
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Seemed low return for him, eh? A four game suspension and him in the final year of his contract hurts the Steelers' asking price, but you'd think they could have at least gotten a 3rd or something for him.

I think Steelers are trying to send a message to Ben, one of his friends on the team and someone else in trouble, but it's so clear that money/status controls those messages. Ben would have to REALLY fuck up to get moved. Was it a couple of years ago when James Harrison and Cedric Wilson both had almost identical domestic abuse issues? They cut a scrub receiver in a heartbeat, but kept the soon to be defensive MVP.

While Holmes has had great stretches, he hasn't been a consistent number 1 guy. Now with him gone and Ward being 53 years old, they are going to have a void at receiver. And, no... Limas Sweed isn't the answer... Looks like it's Mike Wallace's opportunity to become a starting WR in the league.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    There is a rumor that they are shopping Big Ben to the Raiders for a 6th round pick in the 2014 draft...... :lol:

You forgot that you were talking about the Raiders lol... If Al Davis would waste the 7th pick on Heyward-Bey, the first and ($68 million) on Russell, then he'd probably offer like their next 5 first rounders for Roethlisberger... hell, if the Steelers asked, he would have probably given them a first rounder for Holmes :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Pats are still better than the Jets. True statement.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Sanchez, Greene, Tomlinson, Keller, Edwards, Cotchery and Holmes is quite an offense.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra

their time has come and gone . true statement
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

We still have the rings and won the division last year. The Jets have one ring, won by an bumbling idiot of an alcoholic quarterback over 40 years ago. Great defense last year for the Jets and Sanchez can only get better. But Brady and the Pats have one more ring and 3-4 more division titles in them before the Jets take over.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Sanchez, Greene, Tomlinson, Keller, Edwards, Cotchery and Holmes is quite an offense.

Wow quite an offense.
    You have to be kidding.
    The Jets will win a good amount of games next year because of the defense...not the offense.
    Sanchez, Greene, Tomlinson, Keller, Edwards, Cotchery and Holmes is quite an offense.

Mark Sanchez ... 12 TD, 20 INTs last year, not to mention all the fumbles. The kid still needs to learn how to take care of the football.

Let's hold off on putting him in the upper eschelon of QBs for now.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    and need I remind you all of ...

braylon-Edwards-drop.gif

• Off topic, but I really feel like I need to be brushing up on my sports and shit... Then I can put in my 2 pennies worth in all these sports threads... ;-)

To-do list: go home and watch ESPN for the remainder of the week.
    jimed14 wrote:
    and need I remind you all of ...

braylon-Edwards-drop.gif

yea i believe the jets won that game
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Off topic, but I really feel like I need to be brushing up on my sports and shit... Then I can put in my 2 pennies worth in all these sports threads... ;-)

To-do list: go home and watch ESPN for the remainder of the week.
    what are sports?
    i've never heard of 'em...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    new theme song for the Jets
    "back on the chain gang
    boo
    ha
    boo
    ha
    back on the chain gang"

its like a professional florida state :lol:
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Super Bowl motherfuckers!!.... :D
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

We still have the rings and won the division last year. The Jets have one ring, won by an bumbling idiot of an alcoholic quarterback over 40 years ago. Great defense last year for the Jets and Sanchez can only get better. But Brady and the Pats have one more ring and 3-4 more division titles in them before the Jets take over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqIQyT-RuM
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I have to say the Jets are going to be tough.

They had a solid team last year. They've only added to that!

I expect Shonn Green to have a pro-bowl year this year. That guy is a beast!
    mca47 wrote:
    I have to say the Jets are going to be tough.

They had a solid team last year. They've only added to that!

I expect Shonn Green to have a pro-bowl year this year. That guy is a beast!

Man, it's going to be a fun ride one way or another....a complete mess/bust or all the way baby.....and I still don't trust Sanchez..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Wait till that giant muthafucka Kris Jenkins is back

and Leon

With the additions........ And a new stadium

watch out
    jason taylor 1 year deal
    We is in the driver's seat motherfuckers, so enjoy the ride..it's been a long time coming..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'