Options

Neil Young - Weld. anyone have it on DVD

mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
edited May 2010 in Other Music
It doesn't seem available to buy through my normal places... Please help!
Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I've not heard of a Weld DVD. Would be fab if there is one. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    I can't find much on it either. i know for sure it is a VHS release, not sure if it ever made it to dvd. i'd love to see this.

Runtime: 2 hrs

Genre: Musical & Performing Arts

Synopsis: The Godfather of Grunge is captured at his best--and looking as grungy as ever--on this film which documents his acclaimed 1991 Ragged Glory Tour. Backed by his loyal band Crazy Horse, Neil Young... The Godfather of Grunge is captured at his best--and looking as grungy as ever--on this film which documents his acclaimed 1991 Ragged Glory Tour. Backed by his loyal band Crazy Horse, Neil Young performs songs from every period of their mutual career. The nearly two-hour concert includes such classics as "Hey Hey My My," "Cinnamon Girl," "Cortez the Killer," "Like a Hurricane," "Blowin' In the Wind," and "Welfare Mother." [Less]

Starring: Neil Young
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... fexqehldke

looks like only vhs, as per music guide.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3xfexqehldke

looks like only vhs, as per music guide.

Damn. :(

Would be excellent to be able to pick this up on DVD.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    On a side note, since we're talking early nineties Neil, I have really been enjoying his Dreamin' Man Live '92 archive release. Great Harvest Moon. Excellent stuff if you haven't heard it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    i just bought a dvd of this WELD thing we are talkin bout, off ebay. it is a homemade VHS copy, transferred onto dvd. i think the quality will be alright. there are no chapters, no titles. :( BUT at least i get to see it. i played the whole thing at work today and loved it.

on the topic of Neil, have you guys heard this one?
    c988222ymuo.jpg

FANTASTIC versions of when you dance, mr soul and barstool blues. i can listen to those 3 songs of this cd over and over, they avg about 8 -9 minutes each, really, really jammy in the middle....just awesomeness.

i will let you all know how the WELD thing goes.
  • Options
    fotdfotd Posts: 514
    I can't make out the title. what is it?
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    fotd wrote:
    I can't make out the title. what is it?

I believe it is "Year Of The Horse"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    FINALLY got my WELD dvd.

first, he sent me by mistake CSNY live at wembley 1974, I got to keep that one, and he sent me the real WELD.

I watched 3 songs to make sure it works and it kicks ass. get it.....

fucking classic Neil!
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    It'll probably be included in one of the future Archives box set!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i tried to copy it from vhs to dvd with zero luck

same as petty's pack up the plantation

copyright protection doesn't allow it...got find a way around that...ugh
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Disc 2 of Weld is probably my favorite live cd. A friend of mine has the concert VHS tape and it's outstanding. I wish they'd release it on dvd too.
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    On a side note, since we're talking early nineties Neil, I have really been enjoying his Dreamin' Man Live '92 archive release. Great Harvest Moon. Excellent stuff if you haven't heard it.

i just got this record the other day, excellent live versions of the album
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    year of the horse rocks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    year of the horse rocks.

;)
    damnrights
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Just went to his solo show in Conn and just thought you guys, as did I, think that it was really cool that he was wearing a PJ shirt on stage 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188

i just got this record the other day, excellent live versions of the album

Natural Beauty is stunning. I love the sound of that guitar twang.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    there's a guy on ebay (lives in the UK) who sells burned, unofficial copies of weld from time to time.

quirky neil young is fucking with us. you can get damn near anything on dvd.....just not weld.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16