good restaurants near madison square garden?

2»

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    There's a wide variety of food places around MSG.

Stout, the pre-party bar, has good food (burgers, chicken fingers, the usual bar food) but it's gonna be crowded and it's not so cheap :).

you can also check Brother Jimmys for great BBQ, but get ready to pay a lot more :)

that's twice you mentioned expensive. there'll be plenty of cheap eats in Columbus. :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    I would suggest Ben's Kosher Deli at 209 W 38th Street or of course the Carnagie Deli at 854 7th Ave at 55th St (a bit further away)

Enjoy!!
  • imalive wrote:
    There's a wide variety of food places around MSG.

Stout, the pre-party bar, has good food (burgers, chicken fingers, the usual bar food) but it's gonna be crowded and it's not so cheap :).

you can also check Brother Jimmys for great BBQ, but get ready to pay a lot more :)

that's twice you mentioned expensive. there'll be plenty of cheap eats in Columbus. :lol::lol:

I also mentioned McDonalds twice :lol:

As people can read, there are a gazilion places around MSG. It's all a matter of taste at the end. There are great suggestions in here and you can also expand your options by searching online by type of cuisine / neighbourhood etc.

Enjoy the city :)
    Severed Hand
  • Katz Deli Its the best in the world
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    but if your down in So Ho forget Katz and bounce a few blocks over to little italy and go to Lombardi's (the first pizza parlor in america)for some of the best pizza around outside of new haven, CT

http://www.firstpizza.com/

I personally prefer Grimaldi's but Brooklyn aint for everyone.

http://www.grimaldis.com/

then I'd suggest Ferrara's Bakery, the first pastry shop in the new world, for a tiramisu or cannoli and a double expresso.

http://www.ferraracafe.com/home.php

then your ready for a night of pearl jam in NYC
  • Check out the thread in All Encompassing Trip titled "New York For Dummies." It has some really good tips too!!!
    See you there :mrgreen:
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the jeagler and black diamond live near msg.
    eat at their houses.
    :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    CW11331 wrote:
    End of discussion!!!!!

http://www.jimmysburgershack.com/

LOCATED RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD IN THE BACK OF MSG. Stop and grab a poster and sit in the window laughing at all the poor bastards that salivate over your poster and incredible meat companion!

Cheap- Awesome- Fast- Did I mention AWESOME!!!! :D:D

#2 BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS ARE AMAZING! :o

THEY ALSO HAD A GUACAMOLE/JALAPENO BURGER LAST TIME THAT MADE ME CRY IN MY FRIES- WHICH WERE ALSO AMAZING!!!!!!!

Then go to brother Jimmys next door and slam a few Pabst Pounders. Im a beer snob - but just trust me- I bet $50 youll havea Pabst pounder by the time you leave there.

C you all there N1 AND N2!!!!

winner.

perfect pre-concert food. their buffalo burger is ridiculous.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:
    I once ate at Tick Tock Diner on 34th and 8th, they had good burgers.

Its a block from MSG on the corner of 8th Ave. and W 34th St. They have great diner food, I went there after the Muse show last month and had a huge breakfast, it really hit the spot.

Planning on eating here with my friend after MSG II! Glad to hear the food's good!

Oh- and how 'bout that Muse show? I attended as well-incredible
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Katz Deli Its the best in the world
    onePJfan wrote:
    I would suggest Ben's Kosher Deli at 209 W 38th Street or of course the Carnagie Deli at 854 7th Ave at 55th St (a bit further away)

Enjoy!!

All quite enjoyable, but the 2nd Avenue Deli (no longer on 2nd Avenue :lol:) brings everyone at the table a free mini-egg cream with the check! http://www.2ndavedeli.com/
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    samjam wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:
    I once ate at Tick Tock Diner on 34th and 8th, they had good burgers.

Its a block from MSG on the corner of 8th Ave. and W 34th St. They have great diner food, I went there after the Muse show last month and had a huge breakfast, it really hit the spot.

Planning on eating here with my friend after MSG II! Glad to hear the food's good!

Oh- and how 'bout that Muse show? I attended as well-incredible

It was an excellent show! I enjoyed it a lot!

And I am sure I will most likely have a meal at the tick toc at some point on 5/21 or 5/22. I think I was actually there before the Muse show too
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    Stage deli in the 50s

best sandwich I have ever had
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Mcam55 wrote:
    64d7e3be-92bf-40d0-a038-4828e74e1459

"My favorite New York pizza place. I'm going to go get me a New York slice!"

"New York is home to the best seafood in the world. See? There ya go! Right there, Red Lobster."

what the fuck are you smoking :lol:

i hate sparro, plus i wanted ny city real pizza, not some bullshit. lmao to the people that wrote mc donalds and kfc
  • to the op-

if you want polish food, you're gonna have to either go to greenpoint, brooklyn (which has an enormous polish community) or to the east village around 10th street and 3rd avenue to find polish or polish style fare.

there's a balkan restaurant on 38 between 7 and 8 called djerdan where you can find pierogies and similar shit to polish cuisine. the spicing will be slightly different, but its still eastern european food...you can get all of same stuff you can get in a polish restaurant.

also on 38 between 7 and 8 is ben's...good ny style deli. hardly epic, definitely not the best in nyc, but solid enough. the corned beef is good.

dong hai on 39 for asian food. they were rated one of the top 10 chinese places in the usa. lan sheng and szechuan gourmet will work as well.

check out olympic pita for good shwarma or falafel. if you go, make sure you get your order in a laffa. pita is for noobs.

if you arent looking to stray too far form msg, these should work.

is brooklyn or east village far from msg to walk?? more than 30 mins? i am willing to walk a bit, i like to walk in summer but not more than a mile or so maybe 20-30min walk if shit to see. i heard the east village is the best, but i dont know how far is it?
  • is there any real good mexican food around, that you would getl ike in nevada, texas or zona cali out west? or is it just shitty tex mex places?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    is there any real good mexican food around, that you would getl ike in nevada, texas or zona cali out west? or is it just shitty tex mex places?

idk if they compare with those places or not....but i believe excellent mex food can be had in NY, no doubt. i honestly do not know of any cuisine that a good version cannot be found in NYC and/or the environs. idk of any right near MSG tho.

there is burrito loco downtown, hell's kitchen mid-townish...i think there's a place agave that i heard is good, and also rosalita's? something like that.

some good places listed in here:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=117208
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173
    is there any real good mexican food around, that you would getl ike in nevada, texas or zona cali out west? or is it just shitty tex mex places?

idk if they compare with those places or not....but i believe excellent mex food can be had in NY, no doubt. i honestly do not know of any cuisine that a good version cannot be found in NYC and/or the environs. idk of any right near MSG tho.

there is burrito loco downtown, hell's kitchen mid-townish...i think there's a place agave that i heard is good, and also rosalita's? something like that.

some good places listed in here:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=117208

Agave is really good!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :idea:

Molly - Wee Pub is close enough and always packed.
    ( 31st / 7th )
    Traditional Irish / American fare and all the drinking you can handle,- plus its just steps away from MSG.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life