*Official petition to play Oakville, Ontario*

MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Do it...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    Sounds good to me... accessible from home in Toronto, or school in Hamilton!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • what size arena would they have?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    There's the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts which holds about 485.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    I'm sure the Ford Assembly plant parking lot could hold around 100,000 :D
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    MANTIS wrote:
    Do it...
    I think it is pretty safe to say that any city in Canada that didn't get a show in '05 is never getting a show.

Plus, Oakville doesn't even have a suitable venue.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    BeerBaron wrote:
    MANTIS wrote:
    Do it...
    I think it is pretty safe to say that any city in Canada that didn't get a show in '05 is never getting a show.

Helloooooo... FORD ASSEMBLY PLANT! :P
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,937
    oakville, ontario? I've never heard this song.

:mrgreen: With all the song request threads , can ya blame me? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    BeerBaron wrote:
    MANTIS wrote:
    Do it...

Don't be so sure about that. Someday I can see Pearl Jam play @ The Magnet Hill in Moncton, New Brunswick. Ever since Rolling Stones opened the eyes of that place, each year huge acts from around the world come out & play here. Over 60 thousands fan's show up to these events. Plus here @ the Halifax Commons, the City has decided to do huge rock & country show's in the heart of downtown Halifax. It's about time! They should of been doing this many year's back. But it was cause of the local town folks who complain & didn't wait it cause of the noise. I guess we needed huge acts like Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Kiss to play here outdoors to start something. We did pretty good in cash flow. I can't wait to see what's in store this summer. I can see this band play our huge outdoor festivals in the East Coast of Canada someday. If only my 2nd job was working with the music arts of Nova Scotia. This band will be playing here every tour. 8-)
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    demetrios wrote:

Don't be so sure about that. Someday I can see Pearl Jam play @ The Magnet Hill in Moncton, New Brunswick. Ever since Rolling Stones opened the eyes of that place, each year huge acts from around the world come out & play here. Over 60 thousands fan's show up to these events. Plus here @ the Halifax Commons, the City has decided to do huge rock & country show's in the heart of downtown Halifax. It's about time! They should of been doing this many year's back. But it was cause of the local town folks who complain & didn't wait it cause of the noise. I guess we needed huge acts like Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Kiss to play here outdoors to start something. We did pretty good in cash flow. I can't wait to see what's in store this summer. I can see this band play our huge outdoor festivals in the East Coast of Canada someday. If only my 2nd job was working with the music arts of Nova Scotia. This band will be playing here every tour. 8-)
    Perhaps Magnet Hill can't be ruled out, but they have played Halifax before, so I am not sure why you mentioned that :D

It will be interesting to see if, down the road, more Canadian shows happen. There's no doubt that the band fell in love with our beautiful country back in '05.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Perhaps Magnet Hill can't be ruled out, but they have played Halifax before, so I am not sure why you mentioned that :D

It will be interesting to see if, down the road, more Canadian shows happen. There's no doubt that the band fell in love with our beautiful country back in '05.

If Pearl Jam could only pick one Atlantic Canada show, I would have to go for Moncton. Can't be greedy cause Halifax, NS already got some love, and Moncton, NB didn't get any when PJ were driving through their land back in '05. Just gotta add Halifax as we got The Halifax Commons in motion that can hold over 50,000 plus fan's.

Huge thanks for what they did in '05. Never thought they would ever do something like that. Starting from the West Coast to traveling all the way to the East Coast of Canada. Great to also see White Stripes & Queens Of The Stone Age following in their footsteps. These band's managment & team I like the most. I hate the managment & marketing teams that only play Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver. The only Canadain show's on their tour here they pick in Canada. Canada is a huge country. We have the people. We have the fans. Our dollar is equal to the USA dollar. We do spend. Some even crazy style! 8-)
    So I was putting away some goodies into the kitchen cabinets this afternoon and I found one chocolate Easter bunny that I bought @ Shoppers Drug Mart. Read the back of the package. Know where the product was made in? You guessed it. Oakville, Ontario! :shock: I think this is a sign!