Jack Johnson ticket experience

PearlJammer623PearlJammer623 Posts: 189
edited April 2010 in The Porch
well Jack is coming to Tampa, Fl so of course i am going to pay him a visit. I went to try and order a pair of tickets during the presale, and the seats were not so great. Make a long story short....i never went back to the presale, because i wanted decent seats. i was going to just hit stub hub or some other brocker.....i know thats feeding the monster, but im too old to deal with lawn seats. Anyway they went on sale to the public thru ticket master, and i said you know let give this a try, and sure enough i got a pair of tickets in the first center section , closest to the stage...????????????? i was so happy.... Makes you wonder if ticket master gets most of the good seats...even over fan club members... I could not believe general public tickets did me better than a presale..lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    maybe because there is less demand for Jack Johnson Tickets since he keeps making the same boring record over and over again
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    maybe because there is less demand for Jack Johnson Tickets since he keeps making the same boring record over and over again

for shame...

Jack is the man. the only thing better than chilling and drinking in the bar/parking lot before a PJ show... is chilling in the back yard with a BBQ, coronas, and Jack Johnson :D

And before the forum police say it... this thread doesn't belong here.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Same here. Got the presale code and all they had was lawn seats for the Mansfield, MA show. Yesterday at 10 I went on and got 3 tickets in section 7 which is under the roof about 30 rows from the stage. Couldn't be happier. My wife is thrilled as she loves JJ.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    It seems like a lot of TM presales are like that. I dont know why TC is different (any many fan clubs for that matter), but it seems like when TM hosts the presale the tickets are never as good as the public onsale.
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    Jack Johnson is one of the first to use the paperless ticket process. I obtained pit tickets for Hartford. You need to show up with CC used to purchase the tickets or you will not be allowed in. This eliminates scalpers getting all the good seats as they can not resell something they don't have. JJ rules also is donating ALL money from this tour to charity. People can say what they want about his music but the dude is trying to play for his fans and not just make a buck. p.s. EV likes his music. :D
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 869
    Paperless tickets unfortunately does not stop scalpers but it does save a few trees. I know this because I'm trying to score some pit tix for MSG for me and my girl because I totally forgot about the 10 am sale :x
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i got some great jack tix but this paperless thing is weird. Once you get in, how does security know what seat you are in? They have to give a bracelet or something with a seat number on it or there will be chaos. Also, what happens when life happens and you can't make the show? You really have to eat the tickets? This is a great program as illustrated above because we all got some decent tickets. Just seems there are some wrinkles I can't get over to make this smooth on a general (non fan club like 10c all sales final type) sale.
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    i got some great jack tix but this paperless thing is weird. Once you get in, how does security know what seat you are in? They have to give a bracelet or something with a seat number on it or there will be chaos. Also, what happens when life happens and you can't make the show? You really have to eat the tickets? This is a great program as illustrated above because we all got some decent tickets. Just seems there are some wrinkles I can't get over to make this smooth on a general (non fan club like 10c all sales final type) sale.

When you enter the venue, the ushers swipe your credit card and it prints out a stub like a receipt that has your seat info on it. I had paperless tickets last year for Thom Yorke in LA.

If you can't make the show, it appears that you're stuck. The only other option I'd see is finding a friend who would pay for the tickets and let them borrow your card to attend the show. If I recall correctly, they just swipe the cards and didn't match up IDs.
  • dlymnfld wrote:
    Jack Johnson is one of the first to use the paperless ticket process. I obtained pit tickets for Hartford. You need to show up with CC used to purchase the tickets or you will not be allowed in. This eliminates scalpers getting all the good seats as they can not resell something they don't have. JJ rules also is donating ALL money from this tour to charity. People can say what they want about his music but the dude is trying to play for his fans and not just make a buck. p.s. EV likes his music. :D

miley cyrus also did this
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011