Songs to play at work (in a restuarant)

MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I work in a restuarant/bar on the uni campus, in the city I live in, as the only one who works there who has plenty of free time on their hands it falls to me to burn the CD's we play at the restuarant. (don't worry - we have a PRS liscence to play music) So far I have made three different mixes of both contermorary and older stuff. Plus I have already almost exausted the clean and less heavy supply of PJ songs I have in my possesion. Could any body suggest any songs I may have missed, the PJ ones I have used so far are...
Down, Ledbetter, Amongst the waves, Unthought known, Speed of sound, Long road, Force of nature, Black, Low light, Thumbing my way.
Any suggestions helpful - just no swearing and they need to be fairly mellow, to fit the 'ambiance' of the place or so my manager tells me ;) (she also said 'no religious/political stuff') I don't think she pays much attention to the lyrics of the songs I chose (of course I did have to reburn one after I put in 'off he goes' because of the minute 's**t' buried in the rest of the lyrics) :D

Thank you
How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
Manchester Aug 17th 2009
Hyde Park June 25th 2010
Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
Leeds July 14th 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Let's see - Release, Parting Ways, All those Yesterdays, Nothing Man, Thin Air, Light Years, In My Tree, Leatherman, Wishlist are a few that come to mind.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Lukin :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    CD's are old school. Invest in an iPod or any portable mp3 player, external HD player, something that could connect to your speakers @ work. Cause an Audio CD that does 80 minutes @ a restuarant, music & work fly's by like that. Then you gotta go back & change the disc. Your hands are full of ketchup & grease. You're screaming at somebody else to change the CD's. It's a pain in the butt.

If your boss has a PC @ her office in the restaurant, then you're set. Just hope she has speakers. If not check into getting satalite speakers or wired speakers. They are pretty cheap. Just copy all the music to a folder on her PC & play it all in winamp or window's media player @ random.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    breathe
    hard sun
    black
    cord
    off he goes
    stuff like that
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    MK1980 wrote:
    I work in a restuarant/bar on the uni campus, in the city I live in, as the only one who works there who has plenty of free time on their hands it falls to me to burn the CD's we play at the restuarant. (don't worry - we have a PRS liscence to play music) So far I have made three different mixes of both contermorary and older stuff. Plus I have already almost exausted the clean and less heavy supply of PJ songs I have in my possesion. Could any body suggest any songs I may have missed, the PJ ones I have used so far are...
    Down, Ledbetter, Amongst the waves, Unthought known, Speed of sound, Long road, Force of nature, Black, Low light, Thumbing my way.
    Any suggestions helpful - just no swearing and they need to be fairly mellow, to fit the 'ambiance' of the place or so my manager tells me ;) (she also said 'no religious/political stuff') I don't think she pays much attention to the lyrics of the songs I chose (of course I did have to reburn one after I put in 'off he goes' because of the minute 's**t' buried in the rest of the lyrics) :D

Thank you

Here are some suggestions:

Just Breathe (Heard this one in a restaurant recently)
    Small Town
    Hard to Imagine
    In Hiding
    Last Kiss
    I am mine
    All those yesterdays
    Around the bend
    Guaranteed
    Thin Air
    Drifting
    Come Back
    Inside Job
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • scoob1057scoob1057 Posts: 94
    :lol:BUGS
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    scoob1057 wrote:
    :lol:BUGS

HAHA
    "I got bugs... bug in my food"
    A new meaning for "tickle my nausea"

Seriously though... no one has mentioned "of the girl", I think that would be good.
  • I just keep my iPod on shuffle at the store where I work. Sure, we get the person who takes offense...but that involves actually paying attention to lyrics, which most people don't really seem to do when shopping. When there are young children around, I keep on the alert for songs with lots of swearing and I usually skip past any major political rants, but other than that, anything goes!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Footsteps
    Hard to Imagine
    Small Town
    Hard Sun (Ed Ved -- heard this in TGI's)
    I think Thin Air would be good, people above said that

Present Tense (could you imagine? :D )
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    Thanks for the suggestions, they were good, save 'bug's' & 'lukin' ;) Corduroy is still a tiny bit heavy unfortunatly. Forgot that the current cd has in my tree on it. Thank you again, your suggestions will be used :D
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Fatal
    Solider of Love
    Throw Your Arms Around Me
    Who You Are
    Of the Girl

İnto the Wild Soundtrack
    CD that you gotta get then! ;)

BabiesGoPearlJam.jpg
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Play ALL of Pearl Jam. You may find an increase in Patrons. :D

If anyone takes offence to the background music, you can tell them,
    they should be paying more attention to thier dinner dates, than to grumble about background music. :|
    Or this is good too 8-)

It's like sneaky elevator music that calms you down so you just go with the flow....... :lolno: :lol:
    demetrios wrote:

BabiesGoPearlJam.jpg
    Jo wrote:
    Or this is good too 8-)

It's like sneaky elevator music that calms you down so you just go with the flow....... :lolno: :lol:
    demetrios wrote:

BabiesGoPearlJam.jpg

It's a great relaxing CD. Hopefully it won't make the customers @ the restuarant sleep & fall off their stools.
    demetrios wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Or this is good too 8-)

demetrios wrote:

BabiesGoPearlJam.jpg

It's a great relaxing CD. Hopefully it won't make the customers @ the restuarant sleep & fall off their stools.

:thumbup: :clap: I't's still Pearl Jam in the background. These people in the resturants resting on thier lorals,
    (read : stools), get some culture whether they know it or not. 8-)
    Jo wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap: I't's still Pearl Jam in the background. These people in the resturants resting on thier lorals, (read : stools), get some culture whether they know it or not. 8-)

True! Wish our local pub & resturants had some good music other than the top hit' radio stations today that play dozens & dozens of pop/rap auto tune music crap! :thumbdown: http://vimeo.com/7545734