help me decide... blues deluxe or hotrod deluxe

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited April 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
as some of you may remember a few months ago i was trying to decide between between a hotrod deluxe or a hotrod deville as my next amp i eventually decided against the deville mainly due to size restrictions and the fact that i think that the 40watts of the deluxe made more sense to me than the 60 watts of the deville. Now im gonna be getting the new amp in just under 2 weeks. About a week ago i noticed that the blues deluxe reissue is also in my price range now im yet again torn between two amps. Im not really bothered about the overdrive channels as i use pedals for my drives. Im very tempted by the blues deluxe due to its aesthetic appeal due to the tweed and chrome stylings. my only reservation is that ive heard that it doesnt have much headroom on the clean channel. Has anyone had many dealings with either of these amps and what are your thoughts/opinions comparing the two. Now i know some people will instantly say dont get these go for a marshall, traynor etc etc.... im not really interested in marshalls as ive had a few over the years and i really dont get on with them at all and in regards to the traynors they are pretty hard to get hold of in the uk and seem to be overpriced here in comparison. I`ll definately be going for a fender amp as i adore fender cleans and its finally definately come down to these 2 amps.
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    Fender Hot Rod Series Blues Junior NOS 15W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp

that what id get!

Best for PJ tone!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i have a hot rod deluxe & love it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Haven't tried a blues deluxe, but at the recommendation of a few good people on this board I bought a limited edition HRD, and it's fantastic. You'll want OD pedals for sure, but the clean tone is awesome, and the drive actually works pretty well for lighter PJ stuff like In Hiding or ATY. Definitely worth the money.
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I stand by what I've already said on the subject:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120434&start=0
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I stand by what I said earlier and still reccomend the Traynor over anything else in that range.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Hot Rods have an amazing drive channel, great warmth. Don't know much about the Blues Deluxe
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy