Philly DVD? (per WMMR, possibly)....

psubsb12psubsb12 Posts: 53
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I know this subject has been brought up a million times (and sorry if this was already brought up tonight -- didn't see it), but:

My friend just called me and said that he was listening to WMMR in Philly and Pierre said something about going to Seattle to talk with Eddie about the upcoming DVD. Anybody have an idea about this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    What a great news friend! Hope that comes true.
    México 24/11/2011
  • gigii714gigii714 Posts: 27
    they didn't say Eddie. They said Pierre was going to Seattle to interview or be interviewed for an Upcoming PJ DVD release.
  • psubsb12psubsb12 Posts: 53
    geegee wrote:
    they didn't say Eddie. They said Pierre was going to Seattle to interview or be interviewed for an Upcoming PJ DVD release.

Oh, OK. Thanks. I'm just going by what I was told. Either way, that is besides the point. It's still a PJ DVD release -- which is the important thing. We thinking Philly 4-night run dvd'd?
  • gigii714gigii714 Posts: 27
    absolutely!!! I was encouraged too!

fingers crossed. Saw my first concert at the spectrum many years ago!
  • Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    Psu, you know I never said he was interviewing just Ed, the dude said 'the band.' And it wasn't Pierre that announced it, it was a guy I didn't recognize who said Pierre was going to Seattle to do the interview. Jerk :P

I think it's safe to say a Philly Spectrum DVD is a sure thing, judging by the way it sounded.

I'm going to guess a May release.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Also judging by the number of people with cameras(I mean big, proper looking video type cameras) there were in front of the stage, surely(hope of hopes) a DVD is likely???? HOPING......!!!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I hope whenever this 3-D Blueray DVD in THX Surround Sound with deleted scenes and interviews with Spectrum janitors in special packaging made from recycled milk cartons comes out, they will also just go ahead and release the regular audio CDs/MP3s already for those of us who don't care about the rest of it.
  • WMMR, Pierre, and Matt Cord are so supportive of Pearl Jam. I'm glad that they Pierre is being interviewed for the DVD. I'm sure that Matt Cord will be around somewhere during the production. Matt interviewed me on the air before night 4, then we went and listened to soundcheck.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    WMMR, Pierre, and Matt Cord are so supportive of Pearl Jam. I'm glad that they Pierre is being interviewed for the DVD. I'm sure that Matt Cord will be around somewhere during the production. Matt interviewed me on the air before night 4, then we went and listened to soundcheck.
    me too, matts the man and what a magicial 4 nights run that was. Msg will be awesome i'm sure but nothing will ever top those 4 nights. Especially the last 2,they are the greatest PJ shows in history and we got them in back to back nights.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    Pierre is a good man. I emailed him asking for more early Pink Floyd and he threw out a block of Floyd to me the other day.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • verceman wrote:
    I hope whenever this 3-D Blueray DVD in THX Surround Sound with deleted scenes and interviews with Spectrum janitors in special packaging made from recycled milk cartons comes out, they will also just go ahead and release the regular audio CDs/MP3s already for those of us who don't care about the rest of it.

Please forgive us, we are still basking in the afterglow of the Philly shows. (I know it was in October) Some of us have had the Spectrum in our lives for a long time, and to see it end its life with PJ was MAGIC.

We just want to have an everlasting trubute from the band. YOU'LL BY IT, I KNOW YOU WILL!! ;)
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    :roll:
    verceman wrote:

Please forgive us, we are still basking in the afterglow of the Philly shows. (I know it was in October) Some of us have had the Spectrum in our lives for a long time, and to see it end its life with PJ was MAGIC.

We just want to have an everlasting trubute from the band. YOU'LL BUY IT, I KNOW YOU WILL!! ;)

:lol: Thanks, Verceman, I get your witty sarcasm and it is truly appreciated, however, I am, like YoullseeDragons, hanging on to the whole "Spectrum" afterglow, having been to at least 20 Spectrum shows, a DVD of the October 2009 Pearl Jam events, complete with the little Spectrum montage film they started off with each night, the "Rocky" theme music, the Devo tribute and the confetti, would be like my birthday, the 4th of July, Christmas and New Year's all wrapped up into one beautiful Eco-friendly package! Is it real or is someone just bored :roll: and stirring up pre-tour bullshit?
    xo :wave:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Thanks, Verceman, I get your witty sarcasm and it is truly appreciated, however, I am, like YoullseeDragons, hanging on to the whole "Spectrum" afterglow, having been to at least 20 Spectrum shows, a DVD of the October 2009 Pearl Jam events, complete with the little Spectrum montage film they started off with each night, the "Rocky" theme music, the Devo tribute and the confetti, would be like my birthday, the 4th of July, Christmas and New Year's all wrapped up into one beautiful Eco-friendly package! Is it real or is someone just bored and stirring up pre-tour bullshit?
    xo

Thanks for being in on the joke! Actually, I too am dying to re-live my Spectrum experience. I was at Philly III and it was an amazing show. I just want my souvenir CD, and have been checking this website twice a day, every day since October 31st hoping to see the bootleg available in the Goods section. I get that they want to do something special, but I am getting impatient!
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    These shows were legendary and their last DVD release was 4 yrs ago.
    I think this is a perfect opportunity to commesurate the greatness of the band and the end of an era for a concert venue.
    I was wondering if they are going to razz the Spectrum, like implode it or something. That would make a great closing shot to the video. PJ demolishes the Specturm......yeaaaaa
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it's not for the Philly DVDs. It's for the 20th Anniversary documentary.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i'll take either or, just give me something, i aint greedy. just needy.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    I love Pierre, Matt Cord, and my Nick from the morning show (He got me hooked on the boys!!) of WMMR. They are such down to earth great people. I'm not from Philly or anything but I love that station!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it's not for the Philly DVDs. It's for the 20th Anniversary documentary.

Oh so it's being released straight to DVD? Because the host clearly said Pierre was flying to Seattle to be interviewed for an upcoming DVD. Just asking :)
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    İ will be disappointed if they don't embrace HD technology for their next official release.
  • i dont really need to see Eddie's wrinkles in HD. just give me Touring Band quality! i'll take anything!