Jersey city to msg help!!!!

asurPRIZEleftasurPRIZEleft Posts: 229
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Just wondering how much of a bitch it would be to stay in jersey city and if there is public transportation to msg from there.
Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just wondering how much of a bitch it would be to stay in jersey city and if there is public transportation to msg from there.

the path train to 34th street. not that bad.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/schedule.html
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Very easy, noted above... Use the PATH trains...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Probably easier than people who have to come from the East Side of Manhattan... Good choice...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Just wondering how much of a bitch it would be to stay in jersey city and if there is public transportation to msg from there.

Does it run late and how long of a ride is it??

I Only Own My Mind...
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Just wondering how much of a bitch it would be to stay in jersey city and if there is public transportation to msg from there.

It runs 24/7. The ride should take about 15-20 minutes give or take.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Jenfarr wrote:

It runs 24/7. The ride should take about 15-20 minutes give or take.
    Late night you will have to ride through Hoboken first before you get to JC, unlike the rest of the day...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Jersey City is lovely this time of year :lol:
  • Jersey City is lovely this time of year :lol:
    I'm guessing jersey city blows

I Only Own My Mind...
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    First of all, you're talking bout the city in which I was raised.
    Secondly, JC doesn't blow, JC sucks. And there isn't a shit hole there worth staying at, especially the Ramada on Tonnelle Ave.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Jersey City is has a path station which will take you right to MSG. I stayed at the Holland Motor Lodge for the '08 shows and My Morning Jacket NYE in 2008 also. It may sound like a shitty hotel, but it's not actually that bad. Quick walk to the path station and the rooms are clean and cheap. But there isn't much around, you'll be heading for that path station into the city rather than walking around in Jersey City I'm sure.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Jersey City is has a path station which will take you right to MSG. I stayed at the Holland Motor Lodge for the '08 shows and My Morning Jacket NYE in 2008 also. It may sound like a shitty hotel, but it's not actually that bad. Quick walk to the path station and the rooms are clean and cheap. But there isn't much around, you'll be heading for that path station into the city rather than walking around in Jersey City I'm sure.
    They used to have rooms there by the hour for the hookers and their johns. Nice place, I'm sure. :P
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Jersey City is has a path station which will take you right to MSG. I stayed at the Holland Motor Lodge for the '08 shows and My Morning Jacket NYE in 2008 also. It may sound like a shitty hotel, but it's not actually that bad. Quick walk to the path station and the rooms are clean and cheap. But there isn't much around, you'll be heading for that path station into the city rather than walking around in Jersey City I'm sure.
    They used to have rooms there by the hour for the hookers and their johns. Nice place, I'm sure. :P

Haha, I'm sure you're probably right. Anything with Motor Lodge attached to it usually has some history to it. But seriously, it's not a bad deal. No heavy parking fees and you don't have to deal with all of the traffic in the city.
  • If you're staying anywhere near downtown jersey city such as near Exchange Place, that area is very nice. I used to work overnights there. The only thing missing is the view of the World Trade Center.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    You probably don't want to stay on anything on Tonnelle ave. There's some pretty seedy places, and maybe someone else knows better, but I don't think its all that easy to get to a PATH station on foot from there. The nicest area to stay in is near the Pavonia/Newport station - there's a Doubletree, Marriott, and Candlewood Suites close by within walking distance of the Pavonia/Newport station. We have stayed at the Candlewood a couple times. When we go to NYC and stay in a hostel there, we always park at a garage near the Journal Square station, and take the PATH train over, but that's because we go in during the day, and when we leave Manhattan its during daylight on another day. I'm not sure I'd feel 100% comfortable out and about near the Journal Square station coming back late at night.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I was about to say my family is/was from the Grand street area of JC, it used to be bad but it is a lot better now. especially on the water front area.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964

depends what area you are staying in..i highly recommend staying along the waterfront esp if you score a good deal (like the westin for $90 that was posted)
    super easy and like someone said quicker then alot of areas in manhattan
    i live near the grove street stop (1 stop past pavonia/newport)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964

there's many parts to jc and its changed quite a bit...alot of fancy high rises, including a trump plaza
    the waterfront area does not blow by a long shot
    if you have a car and r looking for a cheap option for parking, there's a park and ride at liberty state park that charges $3 for 24hrs (and there's security)
    the light rail can take you back to the waterfront for $1.90
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Thanks guys for all the help. :D

I Only Own My Mind...