talk about some unnecessary horseshit!

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
granted this came from my actions or procrastination but that doesn't excuse the behavior of the harpie....

ok, so i had broken up with my girlfriend and moved out and apparently in 2 cities traffic cameras caught me being naughty, which i am unsure if i agree with because i think i'm a pretty safe driver. anyway, she never passes these along to me so i don't know about them and later i move out of state. my tags didn't expire until the end of last month and my license til 2014 so i figured i'd wait til my tags were almost expired to transfer everything over.

but i can't because of these unpaid tickets i've been driving on a suspended license for who knows how long, at least a year! :shock:

i pay the fines online on that state's dmv site. now it shows me i have no outstanding reinstatement fees or fines, another window shows me a history of the 2 fines i recently paid....but it still shows me as being suspended. i can't lift the suspension until i show proof i paid the fines....even though their computer system clearly has this info.

i call that state's dmv and talk to a nice lady and tell her i moved and she says if i have the 2 courts fax them something saying i paid the fines she will lift the suspension immediately. again, i wonder why she can't get this info in their computer system but don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

i call 1 court and he says he can't fax it, a copy was mailed to my address on my license. i tell him i moved out of state and the dmv told me to have it faxed. he says he can't but will mail me a copy to my new address.

i call the other court and.....god, sorry ladies but if anyone deserves this name she does...what a freaking bitch! first, she argues with me whether or not i can even pay the fine online. she was nasty from the start and refuses to 'fax anything anywhere'. if i paid the fine a receipt was mailed to the address on my license....i tell her the same thing, i moved and her state's dmv told me to have them fax it to them....she cuts me off, which she does nearly every time, she doesn't care what they said, if i paid the fine, which she doesn't even think i did because she doesn't think you can do that online, she will give me their address and i can bring proof i paid it and she will give me a receipt. i ask how should i do this since i'm in another state with no license? she doesn't know, that's on me and then she gets juvenile and says if they see me drive in there i'll be in trouble! like they would know!

so yeah, i shouldn't have waited so long to transfer my stuff over but i don't understand how i can put my license number, ssn and birthday in their site and it tell me the fines have been paid but still needing proof on paper for the same people showing me it's paid!
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    sounds like a pain in the ass!! Ahhhh!!!!

I blame your ex for not sending them to you!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Lizard wrote:
    sounds like a pain in the ass!! Ahhhh!!!!

I blame your ex for not sending them to you!!

I agree, on both counts.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Wow this reminds me of that reality show Parking Wars. Hopefully you get this straightened out soon so you can get your license back. Like the above said, this is all your ex's fault and if you still talk to her you should give her a blast of your mind. Good luck!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    DMVs and subsequent traffic court(s) are apparently the same everywhere. Honestly, I am surprised you reached a nice person with the first call. AFW it's an all around drag for you to have to go through this. Sometimes an ex can really fuck with you. Her actions confirm that she should indeed be an EX.
    Peace and good luck
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    This IS horseshit.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Can they suspend your license if it was a camera offence? How can they say it was you driving even if the car is registered to your name? I can see maybe having an issue registering your car, but not an issue for your license...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Can they suspend your license if it was a camera offence? How can they say it was you driving even if the car is registered to your name? I can see maybe having an issue registering your car, but not an issue for your license...

failure to appear in court, these are from 2008!!

and no, i haven't spoken to m ex in at least a year, though, i saw her brother at an ani difracno show in my town a few weeks ago
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    also, i found out what i paid online were the reinstatement fees, not the tickets. i guess i assumed when it said i had outstanding fines and listed the tickets i was paying those tickets....and it said compliance fines and that is what the dmv was saying they needed...1 of the counties i can pay online but that nasty lady was right, you can't pay online but there was no reason to be so nasty about it, i certainly wasn't! so, i have to either mail it to them or somehow get down there a little more than 2 hours away
    don't compete; coexist

• I have the same thing going on with my license... due to "lack of insurance" which is complete bullshit. I've sent them proof of insurance like 6 times, they send a letter saying "our fault, your license is ok" and then they send me notice that it my registration was suspended because I drove on a suspended license... which I nullify with proof of insurance, but then they send notice that my license is suspended because of driving without registration...

it never ends.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I have the same thing going on with my license... due to "lack of insurance" which is complete bullshit. I've sent them proof of insurance like 6 times, they send a letter saying "our fault, your license is ok" and then they send me notice that it my registration was suspended because I drove on a suspended license... which I nullify with proof of insurance, but then they send notice that my license is suspended because of driving without registration...

it never ends.
    Ow, my little brain hurts...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    granted this came from my actions or procrastination but that doesn't excuse the behavior of the harpie....

ok, so i had broken up with my girlfriend and moved out and apparently in 2 cities traffic cameras caught me being naughty, which i am unsure if i agree with because i think i'm a pretty safe driver. anyway, she never passes these along to me so i don't know about them and later i move out of state. my tags didn't expire until the end of last month and my license til 2014 so i figured i'd wait til my tags were almost expired to transfer everything over.

but i can't because of these unpaid tickets i've been driving on a suspended license for who knows how long, at least a year! :shock:

i pay the fines online on that state's dmv site. now it shows me i have no outstanding reinstatement fees or fines, another window shows me a history of the 2 fines i recently paid....but it still shows me as being suspended. i can't lift the suspension until i show proof i paid the fines....even though their computer system clearly has this info.

i call that state's dmv and talk to a nice lady and tell her i moved and she says if i have the 2 courts fax them something saying i paid the fines she will lift the suspension immediately. again, i wonder why she can't get this info in their computer system but don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

i call 1 court and he says he can't fax it, a copy was mailed to my address on my license. i tell him i moved out of state and the dmv told me to have it faxed. he says he can't but will mail me a copy to my new address.

i call the other court and.....god, sorry ladies but if anyone deserves this name she does...what a freaking bitch! first, she argues with me whether or not i can even pay the fine online. she was nasty from the start and refuses to 'fax anything anywhere'. if i paid the fine a receipt was mailed to the address on my license....i tell her the same thing, i moved and her state's dmv told me to have them fax it to them....she cuts me off, which she does nearly every time, she doesn't care what they said, if i paid the fine, which she doesn't even think i did because she doesn't think you can do that online, she will give me their address and i can bring proof i paid it and she will give me a receipt. i ask how should i do this since i'm in another state with no license? she doesn't know, that's on me and then she gets juvenile and says if they see me drive in there i'll be in trouble! like they would know!

so yeah, i shouldn't have waited so long to transfer my stuff over but i don't understand how i can put my license number, ssn and birthday in their site and it tell me the fines have been paid but still needing proof on paper for the same people showing me it's paid!

holy shit, man.
    that is a cluster fuck of good ol' fashion horse shit.
    the dmv does nothing but fuck shit up.
    usually the ppl who work for the dmv are nasty, heartless, and bitter.

fuck you dmv.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    You shouldn't tempt me with such an open ended thread title... Man, if I wasn't so lazy I'd tell you all about this squirrel I watched for a couple hours the other day. I'd go on and on until someone was finally like, "what the fuck are you talking about?"

Consider this your only warning... ;)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    You shouldn't tempt me with such an open ended thread title... Man, if I wasn't so lazy I'd tell you all about this squirrel I watched for a couple hours the other day. I'd go on and on until someone was finally like, "what the fuck are you talking about?"

let me guess..
    this squirrel you speak of was digging nice surprises for himself out of endless piles of horse shit as you sat near by sipping on some cold brews while smoking the green madness?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

let me guess..
    this squirrel you speak of was digging nice surprises for himself out of endless piles of horse shit as you sat near by sipping on some cold brews while smoking the green madness?

That was how it started alright, but then the shrooms kicked in.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

let me guess..

That was how it started alright, but then the shrooms kicked in.

i understand fully.
    next time please be a bit more careful.
    those fucking squirrels sure are some vicious little bastards.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce