Suggested Riot Act Track list

Smarter_Than_USmarter_Than_U Posts: 515
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So the with the beauty of the internet and Rhapsody, I have taken it upon myself to improve Riot Act when I listen to this diamond in the rough at home. This is mostly addition by subtraction. Here is how Riot Act should have been released--thus making it one of Pearl Jam's better albums:

1. Can't Keep
2. Save You
3. Love Boat Captain
4. Cropduster
5. I Am Mine
6. Thumbing My Way
7. You Are
8. Down
9. Green Disease
10. Bu$hleaguer
11. Arc
12. All Or None

You take out Ghost, Get Right, Help, Help, and 1/2 Full (and ADD Down) and what you have is a really good album. I know some people might get annoyed about leaving in Bushleaguer and removing 1/2 Full, but I really think 1/2 Full sounds too much like Red Mosquito and the lyrics about the haves and have nots is already captured in Bushleaguer. Plus if you take out Bushleauguer you lose the drama of 2003 and that would be no fun.
"Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vedder89vedder89 Posts: 177
    ghost is a great song and get right...agree with help, help and 1/2 full...the song undone which i think was written for that album should have been on there because it would have been one of the greatest on the album.
    Stab it down, fill the pages, suck my fuckin' life out, man
  • vedder89 wrote:
    ghost is a great song and get right...agree with help, help and 1/2 full...the song undone which i think was written for that album should have been on there because it would have been one of the greatest on the album.

I might be persuaded on Help Help, but Ghost is awful IMO. Boring music and even worse lyrics.
  • I suggest you put back Ghost, Help, Help, and 1/2 Full before i kick your ass!! :evil: :evil:

;):mrgreen::lol::lol::lol:

seriously though...put them back!!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I've heard Eddie mention a few times that Down should have made the album and I tend to agree. Strongly.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV wrote:
    I've heard Eddie mention a few times that Down should have made the album and I tend to agree. Strongly.

I agree with that 100 % -- with that, here is Riot Act as it should have been... and this would make it potentially a B+/A- album.

1. Can't Keep
    2. Save You
    3. Love Boat Captain
    4. Cropduster
    5. I Am Mine
    6. Thumbing My Way
    7. You Are
    8. Down
    9. Green Disease
    10. Bu$hleaguer
    11. Arc
    12. All Or None
  • I suggest you put back Ghost, Help, Help, and 1/2 Full before i kick your ass!! :evil: :evil:

Nope--they are all weak, weak songs and 2009 Eddie would have axed them in a heart beat. He was being too democratic to make up for W's reign -- that's my theory at least.

Nope--they are all weak, weak songs and 2009 Eddie would have axed them in a heart beat. He was being too democratic to make up for W's reign -- that's my theory at least.

ya know...i was going to get into the whole "inbreeding effects your IQ" and point out you're from Virginia.....but that would be wrong, so i decided not to. ;):mrgreen::lol::lol:

ya know...i was going to get into the whole "inbreeding effects your IQ" and point out you're from Virginia.....but that would be wrong, so i decided not to. ;):mrgreen::lol::lol:

Class Act as always... for the record I live in Northern Virginia, probably make double what you do, and am originally from Long Island.
  • Class Act as always... for the record I live in Northern Virginia, probably make double what you do, and am originally from Long Island.

sorry Mr. Money bags!...it was just a fucking joke!!!!! guess they don't have humor down there either.
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    I've done this before too with Riot Act. It is one of those weird cases of being a bit too long, in my opinion. I subtracted a few, added a outtake or two, it seemed leaner and meaner, an overall tighter album (for me for you for me). Obviously posting your results here is a huge lightening rod because of how polarizing this album is. We're all going to have our own opinions of which tracks should be messed with, if any at all. It is a fun experiment as long as people don't get offended and start screaming at eachother because of their own personal preferences. Having said that, you're an Fing idiot for removing 1/2 Full. I kid.
  • Class Act as always... for the record I live in Northern Virginia, probably make double what you do, and am originally from Long Island.

sorry Mr. Money bags!...it was just a fucking joke!!!!! guess they don't have humor down there either.

Mess with bull and you get the horns. Sorry.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    riot act should not have never been made.
  • I've done this before too with Riot Act. It is one of those weird cases of being a bit too long, in my opinion. I subtracted a few, added a outtake or two, it seemed leaner and meaner, an overall tighter album (for me for you for me). Obviously posting your results here is a huge lightening rod because of how polarizing this album is. We're all going to have our own opinions of which tracks should be messed with, if any at all. It is a fun experiment as long as people don't get offended and start screaming at eachother because of their own personal preferences. Having said that, you're an Fing idiot for removing 1/2 Full. I kid.

1/2 full sucks donkey dick -- I don't care who thinks I am stupid or inbred for saying that =)
  • Ghost is BY FAR the best song on that album...

and what the fuck does how much you make have to do with anything in this thread?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    GHOST is out....from this moment watch out when u walk in the streets...alot of accident happens 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 1/2 full sucks donkey dick -- I don't care who thinks I am stupid or inbred for saying that =)

:o :shock: 1/2 full is one of my favorite songs on Riot Act!! did you ever read the lyrics? do you know what the song is about? just curious.
  • GHOST is out....from this moment watch out when u walk in the streets...alot of accident happens 8-)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yes........."accidents"!! ;)
  • 1/2 full sucks donkey dick -- I don't care who thinks I am stupid or inbred for saying that =)

:o :shock: 1/2 full is one of my favorite songs on Riot Act!! did you ever read the lyrics? do you know what the song is about? just curious.

Yes, it's really not that complicated.
  • Yes, it's really not that complicated.

no...it's not complicated at all...some people just listen and don't "hear"...so i was just curious....at least you like most of the album...i feel the same way about self titled...love most of it but can't stand a few songs on there.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think I'm the only asshole who loves Get Right. That track is rocking!
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Riot Act is weak, inbreeding (you have watched too many "Wrong Turn" :) ), I make more money than you..

TOO MANY STUPID ARGUMENTS FOR JUST ONE THREAD :lol:

Peace and love
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Here's how I nearly always listen to Riot Act now and it's become a top 4 album for me. Nothing needs to be left out in my opinion, I've just never liked the intended running order. It's the best produced PJ album by far for me too.

Arc
    Love Boat Captain
    Save You
    Half Full
    Green Disease
    Help Help
    Bu$hleaguer
    Get Right
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    Can't Keep
    Ghost
    Cropduster
    You Are
    All Or None
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I think I'm the only asshole who loves Get Right. That track is rocking!

Ha ha, I'm an asshole too :lol: It's immense :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • riot act should not have never been made.

That's ridiculous...this confirms that not everyone is musically prepared to listen this album.

And the tracklist is excellent for me, but down could be the perfection.
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    These kind of threads crack me up. Telling the artist how he should have painted.

LMFAO
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    How about you guys write your own albums so I can tell you what you did wrong. :lol:
    riot act should not have never been made.

That's ridiculous...this confirms that not everyone is musically prepared to listen this album.

And the tracklist is excellent for me, but down could be the perfection.

okay, since you're so much more advanced than me musically, explain why this album is so great. try not to give a subjective response because i'd like to read facts.
    ps
    that's a pretty typical response. just because someone doesn't like something, the elite just throw out random claims that it is genius and above everyone else's head.
    Mitch8415 wrote:
    These kind of threads crack me up. Telling the artist how he should have painted.

LMFAO

but in this case, riot act is a "paint by numbers" painting and the band messed up the colours
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Mitch8415 wrote:

LMFAO

but in this case, riot act is a "paint by numbers" painting and the band messed up the colours

LOL, says you. :)

Again, if you don't like it, that's fine... I won't begrudge you that, but the band specifically put those songs on there in a certain sequence to create a piece of art and to direct the listener in a certain way. I guess I just think that changing that aspect changes the entire intent of the album... and doing so in the way that is suggested in this thread is a sort of bastardization of the bands intent.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Mitch8415 wrote:

LMFAO

i think the aliens probed you a little to deeply. :mrgreen::lol: