Pearl Jam Poster Question???

edited April 2010 in The Porch
Ok, I have been buying pearl jam poster's at the shows I go to... Not a Huge Collector of buying other posters for shows I did not go to. I think it is cool that Pearl Jam has Artists create posters for each show that they do...

Sometimes when i get bored I get on ExpressoBeans and check out other Pearl Jam art and I was reading on one of the Comment Section for a Poster that at shows there are Multiply booths that sell different posters??? Is this true?

From what I was reading, at one booth there will be the regular night show poster... and then if the Ames Bro's do the poster for that show they will have a special booth set up with limited edition signed posters and they could look different than the regular poster that is sold at PJ Vending Stand????

I am just curious because when i go to a show now I will be looking for this because I would rather get a signed limited edition poster from the show that I went to besides the regular poster... Noblesville will be my first time looking for a different Booth...

Does it mean that these are worth more because they are signed??? Or that they could be a special Print???
Any Pearl Jam Poster 101 info would be greatly appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,765
    The situation you are describing has only happened on rare occasions.

It happened on the last tour in austin and at Seattle. Ames bros did a massed produced show poster and also did a small run S/N poster, that they sold only at their booth. If you sign up for the Ames bros newsletter, they informed us that they would be there with the poster for sale... And someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe pearl jam annouced it as well... Either via email or in the news section of the board.

I very much doubt you will have Ames bros show up or do a S/N for a noblesville show, so don't hold your breath. Seattle is there location and they came to ACL I would think because it is a huge famous festival, and they regularly travel there for industry events such as flatstock.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Thanks Shep for your info...

Does anyone know how to get your Hands on a AP Edition of a poster??? Do they sell them at the Show or do they usually only sell one type of poster at a show?? Do you buy these from the Artist Directly??? It is fun being a newbie to the poster world.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    APs are not sold at the show or from 10c. You usually buy directly from the artist. Occasionally you buy through a 3rd party the artist uses to sell their poster. It would be a good idea to sign up for the artists newsletter who usually do pj posters, such as Ames bros and bradk, so that you know when they are releasing their APs cause they usually sell out fast.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    shep wrote:
    APs are not sold at the show or from 10c. You usually buy directly from the artist. Occasionally you buy through a 3rd party the artist uses to sell their poster. It would be a good idea to sign up for the artists newsletter who usually do pj posters, such as Ames bros and bradk, so that you know when they are releasing their APs cause they usually sell out fast.

For Pearl Jam that is. Few artists on tour sell their AP's @ the show's. During QOTSA's '08 tour across Canada, many artists released a few AP's @ the merchandise tables. I bought a few. Some of the artists made a few Varient's of those posters & sold them on their website.

If you're looking to score an AP before the show starts, check sometimes the Wishlist Foundation preparties. I did one in Toronto last summer & had a few posters signed & numbered before the Molson Amp even gave out the regular edition prints. You just, need to know the right people & where the events are happening! ;)