What's in Atlanta, ga?

2»

Comments

• intodeep wrote:
    Fat Matt's Rib Shack is here AND the Brick Store Pub which was rated the number 2 beer bar* in the world.

Close this puppy down you need no other incentive.

I just looked it up looks like they dropped to number 6 in the world and number 2 in the US in the 2010 poll.

Brick Store Pub is great. I like Taco Mac as well since they are all over and have a huge selection of beer but they are kind of pricey. Green's is a great beer store as well.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I'll tell ya what's in the ATL - EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE FEMALES.....WITH EXQUISITE SOUTHERN ACCENTS.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    uuuhhhhh, 3 guys who beat up Jeff?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    intodeep wrote:
    Fat Matt's Rib Shack is here AND the Brick Store Pub which was rated the number 2 beer bar* in the world.

I just looked it up looks like they dropped to number 6 in the world and number 2 in the US in the 2010 poll.

Brick Store Pub is great. I like Taco Mac as well since they are all over and have a huge selection of beer but they are kind of pricey. Green's is a great beer store as well.
    I love taco mac's selection. I live in walking distance to the perimeter one. It kills my wallet but life is too short to drink cheap beer (all the time) right?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    intodeep wrote:
    It kills my wallet but life is too short to drink cheap beer (all the time) right?

That's one of my life motto's.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    I'll tell ya what's in the ATL - EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE FEMALES.....WITH EXQUISITE SOUTHERN ACCENTS.

Indeed. Been with one for over 3 years now. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

You........are incredibly lucky.
    dcfaithful wrote:

Why thank you.

Are you from Atlanta? I'm unaware of what the "lunch meat city" is. My guess would've been Chicago (and I don't really know why I'm guessing that...maybe because I've read The Jungle?)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Why thank you.

Are you from Atlanta? I'm unaware of what the "lunch meat city" is. My guess would've been Chicago (and I don't really know why I'm guessing that...maybe because I've read The Jungle?)

Lunch Meat City is Philly. I don't think I have lunch without some kind of salted, cured, meat and fine cheeses on a hoagie roll. So, no, I'm not from Atlanta, but I've been there enough to know of the tom foolery that is going on. It's funny to read Bill Simmons write about it a couple of times - it's spot on.

How'd you meet this fillie?
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    intodeep wrote:

If you've ever been to Hop City, you'll never think of Greens in the same way again. Hop City is simply amazing. Another plus about Atlanta, great beer culture. Between Hop City, Taco Macs everywhere, Brick Store, ABC, Sweetwater, Terrapin, beer is what's happening in Atlanta, GA.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mickeyrat wrote:

to be fair Jeff did steal their basketball.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    intodeep wrote:

If you've ever been to Hop City, you'll never think of Greens in the same way again. Hop City is simply amazing. Another plus about Atlanta, great beer culture. Between Hop City, Taco Macs everywhere, Brick Store, ABC, Sweetwater, Terrapin, beer is what's happening in Atlanta, GA.
    Hop city and total wine are my friends :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22

How'd you meet this fillie?

Myspace... :oops:, it's a good tale though. I projectile vomited in an elevator at the Holiday Inn after seeing an Incubus concert that her friend and I got too drunk at which required us to bail before they even hit the stage...to this day, she still puts up with my shenanigans.

Really the only good thing that came of my wasted time on that website.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    dunkman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

to be fair Jeff did steal their basketball.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    After my Euro-tour-adventure -

Time for Atlanta apartment hunting!!

I'd love to be able to find something affordable, the one bedroom, as close to spring st. NW - Piedmont park and midtown. will have no ability to drive in my first year so need to be situated as centrally possible.

In craig's list I see many offers by "MLC Properties" for unites in the area in the range of 700-1000$, anyone know of them?

Of course, any advice from a local will be golden, knowing some PJ fans to hang out with will be a plus :)
    einatshaul wrote:
    After my Euro-tour-adventure -

Time for Atlanta apartment hunting!!

I'd love to be able to find something affordable, the one bedroom, as close to spring st. NW - Piedmont park and midtown. will have no ability to drive in my first year so need to be situated as centrally possible.

In craig's list I see many offers by "MLC Properties" for unites in the area in the range of 700-1000$, anyone know of them?

Of course, any advice from a local will be golden, knowing some PJ fans to hang out with will be a plus :)
    I've never lived "inside the perimeter" :( so i don't know much about living area's there. i live on the perimeter now.

good luck!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    you will never see pearl jam again.... just saying :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......