Ok so I just hallucinated trying to fall asleep

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Tonight basically out of nowhere I started hearing things in my head as I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. At first they were just fuzzy sounds like whirring and they would just pulse through my head. Then a little later I started hearing more normal sounds like a doorbell going off. It was wierd and was kinda freaking me out. It only happened when I closedy eyes and they were just sounds in my head, as in I wasn't literally hearing them.

Then after all that I opened up my eyes and saw a blue van come into my room through my window with what looked like my barber (got a haircut today)moving his head around and looking at me. For about 3 seconds I thought it was real and sort of questioned why he would be here. Then I guess my brain kicked in and I grew some sense and realized what the fuck is going on and it gradually dissapeared.

What the FUCK is happening?!?!? This is the second time I've hallucinated in bed before. Althought this time is much more ridiculous.
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Maybe you fell asleep and did not realize it? Then the dream you had woke you up?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    No I was awake. I can't fall asleep now because I'm so freaked out about it. I'm still hearing these noises in my head and I'm sort of catching dreams before I even fall asleep then I get freaked out. Everytime something odd happens as I close my eyes i catch it and quickly get freaked out.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Not trying to be an a'hole....
    Do you do drugs?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    No. I dont even smoke weed. I'm also experiencing sharp pains in random areas as I'm about to fall asleep.

If this shit keeps up for more than one extra day I'm seeing a fucking sleep doctor. I'm terrified right now.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    No. I dont even smoke weed. I'm also experiencing sharp pains in random areas as I'm about to fall asleep.

If this shit keeps up for more than one extra day I'm seeing a fucking sleep doctor. I'm terrified right now.

Go doctors.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Fucking hell! :? How long ago did this happen the first time?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    growing up, my best friend would hallucinate as he fell asleep all the time. It would always be about something coming into the room that he found threatening. When it happened, he would truly beleive something was there and he'd start yelling at it or he'd try to punch it.

It started when we were teenagers, and it still happens to him now. At first it was kind of funny and we all used to make fun of him, but it's not funny now when he still does it.

One time we were in Cuba and I woke up to him standing over me and yelling at me because he thought I was an animal......he gave me a good punch to the head that night.

he did finally go to the Doctors about it but there is not much they can do.
    Wow that definitely doesn't sound too good. What's making me nervous is I'm catching it everytime it happens as I'm trying to fall asleep. Since I keep doing that i can't fall asleep and it's making me nervous like I'll never fall asleep again or something. I sort of start dreaming before I fal asleep and think of these incoherent thoughts then a sound in my head will come in and I'll immediately catch myself. It's just over and over again tonight.

The only way I can think of actually getting some sleep is taking a nap during the day which always knocks me out or crashing at a friends where it won't really be on my mind
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Personally I think the more you worry about it the more stressed you'll get and the more likely it is to happen. I would say first port of call the is the doctors. Also look into some relaxation techniques that you can use in bed, maybe play something nice and relaxing as you are waiting to go to sleep. You could be in a semi-dream state talk that through with your doctor.

Good luck :thumbup:
    Claireack wrote:
    Personally I think the more you worry about it the more stressed you'll get and the more likely it is to happen. I would say first port of call the is the doctors. Also look into some relaxation techniques that you can use in bed, maybe play something nice and relaxing as you are waiting to go to sleep. You could be in a semi-dream state talk that through with your doctor.

Good luck :thumbup:

you're right, and right now that's the ONLY thing on my mind. It's preventing me from falling asleep. I'll have my eyes closed and the longer I have them closed the more worried I get because I haven't fallen asleep yet. Plus it's already 7am. I think I just need to get up and go on with this day and try not to think about it.

What I fucking hate is that I looked it up online and that's what's making me worried. Because of some stupid crap I read about sleep paralysis. The first time I hallucinated trying to fall asleep I just ignored it and thought it was actually pretty cool.

I think I'm just gonna get shit faced tonight at my friends and crash there. Just to get it off my mind lol
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Looking up stuff online is always a BAD idea.....(read: I do it ALL the time!).....But, it really is bad, cause you are looking for bad stuff, therefore you'll find bad stuff, which makes you more stressed, which makes you more likely to believe the bad stuff!!

GO to the Docs.....like Claireack said...learn some relaxation techniques, and most of all.....stop stressing over it and looking up worst case scenarios.......

Oh....and yeah.....I'd go with the just get shitfaced approach too! :D:lol:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Tonight basically out of nowhere I started hearing things in my head as I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. At first they were just fuzzy sounds like whirring and they would just pulse through my head. Then a little later I started hearing more normal sounds like a doorbell going off. It was wierd and was kinda freaking me out. It only happened when I closedy eyes and they were just sounds in my head, as in I wasn't literally hearing them.

Then after all that I opened up my eyes and saw a blue van come into my room through my window with what looked like my barber (got a haircut today)moving his head around and looking at me. For about 3 seconds I thought it was real and sort of questioned why he would be here. Then I guess my brain kicked in and I grew some sense and realized what the fuck is going on and it gradually dissapeared.

What the FUCK is happening?!?!? This is the second time I've hallucinated in bed before. Althought this time is much more ridiculous.

Theres an app for that...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Looking up stuff online is always a BAD idea.....(read: I do it ALL the time!).....But, it really is bad, cause you are looking for bad stuff, therefore you'll find bad stuff, which makes you more stressed, which makes you more likely to believe the bad stuff!!

GO to the Docs.....like Claireack said...learn some relaxation techniques, and most of all.....stop stressing over it and looking up worst case scenarios.......

True that, once I had a panic attack after self diagnosing on some site, turned out to be nothing.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    As you stated that there are no drugs involved, sometimes hypnic jerks, ringing in the ears, and lifelike dreams that you cannot shake are symptoms of extreme fatigue.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"

I tried relaxing after I read the post and ended up falling asleep finally. It only took me till about 7:30 am though!

I was mainly worried that it would prevent me from falling asleep for awhile but now that I fell asleep the night it happened (or morning lol) I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure it will happen again though.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301

I tried relaxing after I read the post and ended up falling asleep finally. It only took me till about 7:30 am though!

I was mainly worried that it would prevent me from falling asleep for awhile but now that I fell asleep the night it happened (or morning lol) I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure it will happen again though.

Glad to hear you got some sleep!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

that's the problem.
    you're not smoking weed.

just kidding.

go see your doctor.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Glad to hear you got some sleep!

thanks. Hopefully I get better sleep next time.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I've had this happen from time to time, but not to such an intense degree. It sure as hell can be frightening.

Does the OP ever experience sleep paralysis? I have no idea if the two are connected, just a thought.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Think it could be hypnagogic hallucinations?
    I've had that happen before and it's not fun.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    it's a real thing isn't it? called night terrors or something?
    there was a newarticle about it which inspired nightmare on elm st.
    An anti-anxiety pill won’t help?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Could you read in bed until you just fall asleep, to keep your mind off stressing about what happens when you do fall asleep?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    it's a real thing isn't it? called night terrors or something?
    there was a newarticle about it which inspired nightmare on elm st.
    An anti-anxiety pill won’t help?

I've had this a few times as a kid. I'm awake but the image is still there. I'm screaming and trying to shake it off.

Usually though for me it was after a dream and I awoke and the bad thing was still there. A couple times though it happened as I was drifting off.

Over the past few years my wife tells me I've had an episode, but I don't recall these ones.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    it's strange because the article I just read said that you dream 90 minutes after sleeping. I'm lucky if I can sleep in an 90 minute increment. Anyway, I dream as soon as I fall asleep. One day in a boring staff mtg, I dozed off momentarily and I was sitting by a beautiful creek with green grass. This weekend, while I fell asleep watching tv, I saw only genitals going at it, no people, just sex right before my eyes and it woke me up!

Often, my arms will flop and it wakes me up. It would be nice to sleep all night.

When I wasn't so sleep deprived, I recall that many of my dreams were awful. They were always about crazy people coming after me, everything was negative. I realized it was the tv shows we were watching like CSI or Criminal Minds.

this has nothing to do with this, I just drank and Heinkekin and my head really hurts.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    To the original poster-->

I definitely suggest you go and see a doctor. It could possibly be nothing but it also might be something. Maybe there's a simple solution for it?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&