Graham Elwood mentioned PJ in his routine tonight

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2010 in The Porch
just got back from the venue I volunteer at. Anyways, it was Big Jay the irish guy, Graham Elwood and I saw abut 20 minutes of the headliner Doug Benson, he's still on right now. Anyways, the venue is a small venue, 400-500 maximum. And on either side of the stage is HUGE speakers, really tall speakers, and then in between, are 4 smaller speakers. And behind the stage, behind the act, is a big screen for projections and all that. Being that it was a comedy show and not some huge rock show, Graham Elwood made fun of the size of the speakers and said something along the lines of "I feel like I should start climbing the speakers and climbing the walls and all that". He put his foot on the speaker and made out like he was climbing and sang few bars of Even Flow. He said something like "Pearl jam's even flow is the perfect song to sing along to, you can sing any words to it, in the audience and it works", so he sings, "Even flow, da da ding tang, tong", and he goes "wow Eddie, I didnt know you knew cambodian". I dont remember really how he connected the two but he immediately, said something like, "its either Pearl jam, even flow, or its Nickelback, that works for that". And he sang a few bars of You Remind me", "this is how you remind me, ta ting sling ty". and he went on a rant about nickelback and how chad kroeger goes up to a record label ceo, and they ask him "so whats the new record called', and chad goes 'oh its ting shong shy"' "oh yeah, that would be great, lets cut a deal right now!'. I dont think i explained all this quite in the same comedic manner, but the general gist i think is there. As he ended his set, he did the whole putting his foot on a speaker and singing a few bars of Even Flow.