Turns out i like oatmeal

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I hated it as a kid. I tried a bowl of plain oatmeal the other day and have had 3 bowls since.. Weird.. Maybe i should try meatloaf again..
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    It gets even better when you mix in fruit, nuts, trail mix, etc. into your oatmeal. Brown sugar is always an excellent addition.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    It gets even better when you mix in fruit, nuts, trail mix, etc. into your oatmeal. Brown sugar is always an excellent addition.

. . . but not into your meatloaf. Maybe just trust your instincts and steer clear of the meatloaf all together.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Big Drop wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

. . . but not into your meatloaf. Maybe just trust your instincts and steer clear of the meatloaf all together.
    I did have an apple with the oatmeal today.. but not in it.. I don't think i would dig the brown sugar though, not a big fan of really sweet stuff. I don't even know where i would score a meatloaf.. I am sure as hell not gonna order it at a restaurant just to find out i still don't like it.. Anyone out there wanna have me over for a meatloaf dinner??? I will bring the wine... or Colt 45. whatever blows your hair back..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • I hated it as a kid. I tried a bowl of plain oatmeal the other day and have had 3 bowls since.. Weird.. Maybe i should try meatloaf again..

shit I was wondering about that. :mrgreen:

Just messin with ya...

I know what you're saying...there's things I LOVED when I was younger that I can't stand now. Spaghetti-Os come to mind...
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • I just had a bowl (although I call it porridge) mixed with fresh strawberries-yummy :)
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • alivegirlalivegirl Posts: 124
    you gotta try it with honey, delicious.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    2 words: Maple Syrup
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

So true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i eat oatmeal a few times a week.
    sometimes not only for breakfast but other times during the day.

btw,
    cream of wheat rules :)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Brown sugar or I gag.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    I love Oatmeal. Only ever eat it plain.
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I did have an apple with the oatmeal today.. but not in it.. I don't think i would dig the brown sugar though, not a big fan of really sweet stuff. I don't even know where i would score a meatloaf.. I am sure as hell not gonna order it at a restaurant just to find out i still don't like it.. Anyone out there wanna have me over for a meatloaf dinner??? I will bring the wine... or Colt 45. whatever blows your hair back..

Meat loaf is the shit!!! Nice as a dinner plate with say, mashed potato/gravy and some baby carrots... BUT... even better the next day, COLD on some plain old white bread as a sandwich. Don't know how to link you to it, but it you look up "Professional Cooking" by Wayne Gisslen on Google Books, you'll find a perfect recipe for it (just reduce the recipe as I doubt you'd need 25 portions). Seriously, it's all about soaking those bread crumbs before mixing into the meat!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i have instant oatmeal a lot---are all of you making it on the stove?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Now I want some meatloaf.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    meat_loaf-7650221.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Lizard wrote:
    meat_loaf-7650221.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Meatloaf: Had people prayin' for the end of time since 1947
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    no bake cookies :mrgreen:

thank you very much
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    can't get into something that looks like what my dog coughs up.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    can't get into something that looks like what my dog coughs up.

no shit. I'm with ya.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Lizard wrote:
    i have instant oatmeal a lot---are all of you making it on the stove?
    Yes i make it on the stove.. had a bowl again this morning and i think i used to much salt.. but i was so tired i didn't care
    Lizard wrote:
    meat_loaf-7650221.jpg
    Thats what i am talking about.. I am weary of Meatloaf
    I hated it as a kid. I tried a bowl of plain oatmeal the other day and have had 3 bowls since.. Weird.. Maybe i should try meatloaf again..

shit I was wondering about that. :mrgreen:

Just messin with ya...

I know what you're saying...there's things I LOVED when I was younger that I can't stand now. Spaghetti-Os come to mind...
    No shit.. I used to love beefaroni.. now i would throw up for sure
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Oatmeal with sugar and a dab of butter or with sugar and a little milk. And yes, Maple Sugar is great...but still have to add or sugar and milk or butter.
    Save room for dessert!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    obviously Scotland invented porridge... we even have a fucking competition about the stuff!!

http://www.goldenspurtle.com/
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.