MSG for our anniversary!

fisttothejawfisttothejaw Posts: 234
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So my wife and I got married on May 20, 2007 - and we're going to celebrate our 3rd anniversary by traveling from L.A. to NY for Pearl Jam at MSG...

The band has always been a big part of our lives - I've been a diehard fan since highschool in the early 90's, we had one of our best dates ever seeing PJ at the Forum - and on our wedding day, she even walked down the aisle to PJ's version of "Love Reign O'er Me." (I highly recommend that, by the way - goosebumps)

And I know this is totally ridiculous, but I'm just going to live the idealistic dream for a moment, and pretend that there's actually a chance that some kind of messages from this forum could actually reach the band. Hey, I can dream, right? And with that said, I'm just hoping they'll play LROM. That's all. We keep the Who Rock Honors show on our Tivo, and watch that show's version of LROM over and over, reliving that amazing moment from our wedding - I know it would make my wife's YEAR to hear that song live.

So to all you angels, or ghosts, or spirits or whatever, who might be reading this, if you wouldn't mind leaning down and whispering a little word of inspiration to the boys... tell 'em to play that one... and we'll never ask for anything again. Promise.

(hope to see/meet some of y'all at the show!)
San Diego 10/25/00
Irvine 6/03/03
Los Angeles 7/9/06
Los Angeles 7/10/06
Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
Los Angeles 10/01/09
Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
Los Angeles 10/06/09
MSG 5/20/10
San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
Los Angeles 11/23/13
Los Angeles 11/24/13
Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
Ohana Encore 10/01/21
San Diego 5/03/22
Los Angeles 5/21/24
Los Angeles 5/22/24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    So my wife and I got married on May 20, 2007 - and we're going to celebrate our 3rd anniversary by traveling from L.A. to NY for Pearl Jam at MSG...

The band has always been a big part of our lives - I've been a diehard fan since highschool in the early 90's, we had one of our best dates ever seeing PJ at the Forum - and on our wedding day, she even walked down the aisle to PJ's version of "Love Reign O'er Me." (I highly recommend that, by the way - goosebumps)

And I know this is totally ridiculous, but I'm just going to live the idealistic dream for a moment, and pretend that there's actually a chance that some kind of messages from this forum could actually reach the band. Hey, I can dream, right? And with that said, I'm just hoping they'll play LROM. That's all. We keep the Who Rock Honors show on our Tivo, and watch that show's version of LROM over and over, reliving that amazing moment from our wedding - I know it would make my wife's YEAR to hear that song live.

So to all you angels, or ghosts, or spirits or whatever, who might be reading this, if you wouldn't mind leaning down and whispering a little word of inspiration to the boys... tell 'em to play that one... and we'll never ask for anything again. Promise.

Thats awesome man!

I hope you get it on the 20th dude!!!! 8-)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    very cool..me and my gf arent celebrating that day but we are going to both msg shows and we each bought a show for one another for our 6 year anniversary that was last month
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    You share the same anniversary as my wife and I! We thought of heading to the NY shows in celebration but cannot make it happen with a 5 month old tearing it up around here. Enjoy the shows and Happy Early Anniversary and here's to many more!
  • Hey thanks - we owe it all to our friend Patrick, who's helping us make it happen...

I may end up in a debtor's prison after all is said and done for the whole trip, but sometimes you just gotta say the hell with it, you know?
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    That's awesome for you!! What a great way to celebrate!

I'm celebrating a little mini-anniversary myself. Late May '08 was when I first got into PJ- so when I see them at MSG it will be Pearl Jam & I's 2 year anniversary :D Pretty cool timing for my first two shows!

And I'm SO for hearing some Love Reign O'er Me as well!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • very cool, Sam -

Oh, and since I'm dreaming - Ed, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, whenever you guys read this post... and I know you WILL read this post because of course there's nothing else you guys would rather do than be on the message board...

Whenever you play LROM, it would be nice if you'd dedicate it to Paul and Jeami (pronounced "Jamie.")

And I'd also like a pony.
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • VH123058VH123058 Posts: 151
    My wife and I got married on May 20th, 2006. We tried getting some tickets for the 20th on TC and ticketmaster with no luck. We were ready to fly out to NY from LA, but since we could only find singles, we didnt want to go that route. Ebay is too steep, so good luck to all the fans celebrating anniversaries this tour and especially on the 20th. Hope you get your wish, and enjoy NY.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Uw8ekzF3.jpeg

:lol:
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    My wife and I got married at the Swedish Church, 5 East 48th Street, 13 May 09. If we had done it a year and a week later I could have invite; Jeff, Mike, Stone, Matt and Eddie. Kenneth would be the Cantor.

208e1co.jpg
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    My husband and I flew from Rhode Island to Texas to see PJ at Austin city limits festival. Sprinted from gate opening and got front row. Pretty amazing day. It was our 25th anniversary of when we met, October 1984. Pretty cool that PJ gets that kind of priority. Could have done anything to celebrate and it had to be that trip to Austin to see them at ACL. Best to you both!!
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Hey a whisper to the spirits for us too, we are celebrating # 29 in Hartford married 5/15/81. Pearl Jam has been apart of our bond too since 91 they've been with us through all the good and the bad, the happy and the sad now they are almost like a hobby we share ! :)
    When my husband leaves in the morning he says "miss you already" and my reply as you can guess "miss you always". "Smile" so much easier to smile with love in your life.
    Good luck to you and congrats on 3 years its a wonderful journey life is while holding hands with another.
  • Hey, thanks - it's so cool to see everyone's stories here...

It's amazing how the music can connect with the important things in your life - love, family, etc.

we're walking together "Bandaged hand in hand." And sometimes I think of our relationship when I hear "I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side."

On another note, I may start another thread about this... but my dad has Alzheimer's, and the song "Off He Goes" reminds me of him so much whenever I hear it...

This band's music has always been right in the center of the deepest parts of my life... crazy...
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • and surfer girl, that's a cool photo... maybe I should get 'em to decorate the outside of MSG that way... ha
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Good for you guys! :D Hubby and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the 10/30 Philly show and it was the best PJ show EVER!!! We started dating in December of 91 so kinda when the whole PJ thing began so it was amazing for us to be able to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at that show. And we did the 10/31 show just for the heck of it! :lol:

Have a great anniversary :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • wait - you guys dated for 10 years before you got married??? wow, that's amazing -
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • fisttothejawfisttothejaw Posts: 234
    shame on me for bumping my own thread, but...

since we're leaving for the airport soon, and I don't think I'll be taking my laptop, this may be my LAST chance to appeal to the rock and roll dieties...

PLEASE - whatever I need to do, I will burn a stack of unblemished vinyl as an offering (except for my Ten reissue)... please blow your winds of wisdom into the ears of the band, so that they'll play "Love Reign O'er Me" at MSG for my beautiful wife, who walked down the aisle to PJ's version of that very song.

If you answer this prayer, I will promise to be a better rock fan. I will find a new blacklight to properly illuminate my AC/DC poster. I will stop saying sometimes that I think maybe I'm "bored with Hendrix." And I will give the Doors another try. I promise now to never let my future children listen to Justin Beiber. I will teach them in the ways of the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, the Who, Seger, Elton, Billy, Stevie, 38 Special, Skynyrd, Bad Co, PJ, Nirvana, etc. I will rush faster to turn off the radio whenever I hear Rob Thomas or Maroon 5. I will celebrate the birthday of Elvis and remember John Entwistle on the anniversary of his passing. I will encourage healthy debate on the topic of Lennon vs. McCartney, while never diminishing the contributions of George and Ringo. I will smile when beer is spilled on me in the Forum by the overzealous fan dancing inappropriately to Evenflow. I will stand firm, even when assaulted by the Creeds and NIckelbacks of the world, to my convictions and my beliefs.

All I ask is this. As my wife and I (who will travel across the country to celebrate our 3rd anniversary at this show) drink in the hazy light and weed-soaked air in the hallowed halls of Madison Square Garden, would you please bring to our ears the melodious opening piano strains... followed by that oh-so-familiar voice singing...

"Only love..."
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24