My Neil Young/Pearl Jam - 5/18 TBD cockamamie theory

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Neil Young is in Albany on 5/18. The PJ TBD date is 5/18. Tickets for Neil are very pricey, $99 - $149. So, given a choice between PJ at the Times Union Center or Uncle Neil at the Palace Theater, some people may choose PJ for the bargain price of $79.

Neil tickets go on sale 4/10 there will be a mad rush without any PJ competition on the same night. Once there is a sufficient number sold for Neil, which should not take long, PJ then announces Albany. That is my cockamamie theory.
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cockamamie is right!!! TBD = Two Boston Dates...i told you that already! ;):mrgreen:
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    cockamamie is right!!! TBD = Two Boston Dates...i told you that already! ;):mrgreen:

Just wondering if they sold out the 1st show yet? Why would they add a 2nd show if the first one isn't sold out? Albany will sell out.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    cockamamie is right!!! TBD = Two Boston Dates...i told you that already! ;):mrgreen:

Just wondering if they sold out the 1st show yet? Why would they add a 2nd show if the first one isn't sold out? Albany will sell out.

You can get scattered singles in the 4th balcony. All pairs are behind the stage.
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:

well...usually they don't sell tickets behind the stage for the first show...but this time they did...and there are only a few of those tickets left....so it would make much more sense to stay put in Boston and not move all your gear to Albany just for one show. :mrgreen:
    The reality is that they are running out of time. I am starting to wonder what venue would take the risk of trying to sell tickets with a month until the show. Seems a little risky for the bucks they have to shell out to get a band like PJ to play there. I am guessing PJ is getting at least $500k - $750k a show, maybe more in the larger markets.
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    The reality is that they are running out of time. I am starting to wonder what venue would take the risk of trying to sell tickets with a month until the show. Seems a little risky for the bucks they have to shell out to get a band like PJ to play there. I am guessing PJ is getting at least $500k - $750k a show, maybe more in the larger markets.

yeah i hear that! i figure if there is no news between now and next Friday we won't be getting a show anywhere! :cry:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    The window for an announcement is definitely closing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Neil Young is in Albany on 5/18. The PJ TBD date is 5/18. Tickets for Neil are very pricey, $99 - $149. So, given a choice between PJ at the Times Union Center or Uncle Neil at the Palace Theater, some people may choose PJ for the bargain price of $79.

Neil tickets go on sale 4/10 there will be a mad rush without any PJ competition on the same night. Once there is a sufficient number sold for Neil, which should not take long, PJ then announces Albany. That is my cockamamie theory.

+1 i like your theory!!!
  • Black10Black10 Posts: 160
    It looks like they have some Loge tickets available behind the stage now on ticketmaster.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    For the last time...

Albany is NOT HAPPENING
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:

well...usually they don't sell tickets behind the stage for the first show...but this time they did...and there are only a few of those tickets left....so it would make much more sense to LIVE IN THE PRESENT TENSE.
    I fixed it for ya.
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    neil is most likely to play the first night of the garden....makr it on your calendars
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    neil is most likely to play the first night of the garden....makr it on your calendars

Hahaha. FINALLY! I was waiting for the inevitable parade of rumors as to who will show up at their show. Keep dreaming.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I just like the word cockamamie.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

you never know PJ might be the support for neil young that night, just a thought

and both bands can join each other at the end of their sets for rocking in the free world. :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Neil has done very well in the first couple of days. Row K Right balcony are what are up on TM. The big buck $149 tickets are gone. The Pearl Jam level $79, are available.

Let the Albany announcement begin! :lol::D:lol::D:lol:
  • onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    Neil Young will also be doing a show in Buffalo on May 19th, I already got my tix am so hoping Eddie shows up here, hey you just never know!!!!

Cleveland May 9th
    Buffalo May 10th
    MSG II May 21st

OH YEAH
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860

Hahaha. FINALLY! I was waiting for the inevitable parade of rumors as to who will show up at their show. Keep dreaming.
    dude it was a joke chill out and learn about sarcasm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself