Options

New PJ concert ending

fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I was thinking last night about what songs Pj plays at the end of their concerts. And wondering if they will play the same RITFW, Yellow Led. So I thought to myself,............self, If and when Pj plys again what songs would you like them to play when the lights come on. Dont get me wrong, these songs rock but like everything change is good.

What would you like to see?
He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    for me, yellow ledbetter is the perfect ending. it just lends itself to the goodbye so well. i'd rather not change that. but as for the songs leading up to it ... yea i could do without RITFW ... maybe replace that with another cover ... something triumphant ... maybe Instant Karma by Lennon.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    im for ledbetter too....and i love Fuckin Up.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Anybody remember when YL was a once-very-four-or-five-shows treat? The first four shows I went to, the big buzz among my friends and I was: "Is this going to be the show we get Ledbetter?"

The lights would come on, and they'd play Sonic Reducer or something and we'd all go, "Dammit!"

Funny how times change.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    parachutes, around the bend, aty, ive got a feeling
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    i like that immortality suggestion. also, i love indifference. still have not seen that tune live before. one of these days.
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    I have had many personal experiences that resonate strongly with me when I hear this song. I still dont get why they havent played it since 03. I always thought it would be a good way to end it, with the whole crowd singing along to "all those yesterdaysssss..."
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    I personally love when they close with Indifference...nice, slow, mellow song.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    long red wrote:
    for me, yellow ledbetter is the perfect ending. it just lends itself to the goodbye so well. i'd rather not change that. but as for the songs leading up to it ... yea i could do without RITFW ... maybe replace that with another cover ... something triumphant ... maybe Instant Karma by Lennon.

YEAH LEDBETTER IS THE BEST FINALE SONG.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    YEAH LEDBETTER IS THE BEST FINALE SONG.

hear hear!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    I've always thought Black would make for a good finale.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i am tired of ledbetter...

i would love to see them close a show with a rip roaring RVM or blood.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I've always thought that All or None would be a cool closer ... but it would need a good sing along (so it would have to be a small venue high-10C show).

Other than that ... what about immortality?

I'd still love to see Alive close a show (like Albany 06)

Last Exit would be cool too ... jsut cause of the title :)

Alive closed St Paul 06 too. Just listened to that and it's awesome.

It sounds a little strange to have anything other than YL close the show to me but Last Exit is a fantastic idea.
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    Porch!!!
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    Daytripper Or I Got A Feeling

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Anybody remember when YL was a once-very-four-or-five-shows treat? The first four shows I went to, the big buzz among my friends and I was: "Is this going to be the show we get Ledbetter?"

The lights would come on, and they'd play Sonic Reducer or something and we'd all go, "Dammit!"

Funny how times change.

I've still only heard YL once in my meager number of shows. It was more perfect than any of the others. Porch was fantastic but hardly the way to induce an orderly exit to the doors!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    long red wrote:
    maybe replace that with another cover ... something triumphant ... maybe Instant Karma by Lennon.

PUKE! I'd walk out if they did that, sorry.

I think it be cool to change it up but I do like YL. Maybe a different tag line each night?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    How about COME BACK? I've always liked this song and think Mike could put a kick ass ending on it.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    could go with some last exit with an extended jam!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Bee Girl

Long Road

Immortality

Parting Ways

All or None
  • Options
    UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
    I'm all about tradition to an extent...but the problem at this point is that no matter what the combination, you know the last four songs are generally gonna be Baba, Alive, RITFW, Ledbetter...that's a fairly good portion of a show to just cruise control through...Which sounds really harsh, but I don't know how else to say it...

At least since they started releasing their concerts on the 2000 tour, when I look at the Setlist to decide which to get, I look at what they played in the main body and first encore of the show, never pay much attention to the last few songs cause I know it's always gonna be one of those four or five...I say four tours of that closing suite is enough...

How about they just play a song from Ten, and a Song from VS. and then maybe end with...Around the Bend, All or nothing, Parting Ways, or Man of the Hour..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Have Mike play the first little riff off of Ledbetter, then the boys throw down some ninja smoke bombs and clear out of the joint while everyone in attendance sits there confused like when No Country for Old Men ended.

That would be awesome.
  • Options
    Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd would be a killer way to close a show.
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Anything but Indifference would be good for me. If I ever heard that as a closer it would leave a really bad taste in my mouth. Yellow Ledbetter is perfect if you ask me, but something like Alive would be cool too.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    a long ass extended version of sleight of hand just as powerful as the studio version .. everyone would leave with their jaw dropped.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Have Mike play the first little riff off of Ledbetter, then the boys throw down some ninja smoke bombs and clear out of the joint while everyone in attendance sits there confused like when No Country for Old Men ended.

That would be awesome.

You know... I guess i am not going to go see the movie tomorrow night. Anyone see strange wilderness... it ends with an outtake.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    ANYTHING but YL PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I am so sick of that song and I really hate the way that the crowd leaves as the opening notes are played.

I saw them in Seattle one year when the played YL the crowd filed out and as soon as the song ended they blasted into "Don't Believe in Christmas" and it was a very special treat for those that stuck around.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i could go a tour without hearing Ledbetter, have heard Fuckin' up once, and Indifference, loved Indifference.

but lets go with, All those yesterdays, or Around the bend.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    inside job, all those yesterdays or maybe parting ways?