Some crazy stuff with my Ipod touch

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
When I plug my headphones into it not only sounds crazily out of phase, but the music skips around. I've tried it with 3 sets of headphones and my car stereo, which has a 1/8" input. It sounds fine when I run from the 1/8>rca into my home receiver. I have 2 nano's that work fine with all the headphones, so it's the ipod.

Anybody have somethin similar happen to them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes. My old iPod (Gen 3) had a similar problem... turns out the pins in the spot where you plug the headphones were messed up, so the sound wasn't able to come through properly. I took it somewhere to see if I could get it repaired, and they said it would cost enough that it would make it worth it to buy a new one, so I just bought a new iPod touch (I had been eyeballing them for awhile anyway). If you are having the same problem, then I hope your iPod is still under warranty. :|
    You will be no one's rival....

~Cincinnati, US Bank Arena - June 24, 2006~
    ~Chicago, United Center - Aug. 24, 2009~
    ~Columbus, Nationwide Arena - May 6, 2010~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 3, 2011~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 4, 2011~
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    i would call Apple---they may replace it for you. they replaced my iPod when it started messing up after only owning it for 2 months. good luck!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Yes. My old iPod (Gen 3) had a similar problem... turns out the pins in the spot where you plug the headphones were messed up, so the sound wasn't able to come through properly. I took it somewhere to see if I could get it repaired, and they said it would cost enough that it would make it worth it to buy a new one, so I just bought a new iPod touch (I had been eyeballing them for awhile anyway). If you are having the same problem, then I hope your iPod is still under warranty. :|

I figured....Silly it works with 1 1/8" and not another.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i would call Apple---they may replace it for you. they replaced my iPod when it started messing up after only owning it for 2 months. good luck!

Yeah, I've only had mine since around christmas. Maybe I can get a new one.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DewieCox wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Yeah, I've only had mine since around christmas. Maybe I can get a new one.

Do it before your warranty expires.

My first iPod took a shit on me 6 days after my warranty expired...thankfully, the guy at the Apple store felt for me, and realized Apple could afford to give away one 30G iPod and gave me a new one. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    My son had his ipod touch stolen. I'm still pretty effing pissed about that. Hope you get yours fixed.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........