Can't a girl dream at least?????

BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So, I am going into deep depression because I am not able to make it to any of the shows. I cannot miss anymore work or days of class this year (I teach and I am a full time grad student) and am unable to travel to any of the shows close by. I still have a glimmer of hope that the band is going to come to Pittsburgh this year. The radio seems to be playing them more than ever lately and they still make comments about their tour....I know this may just me grasping onto any thing I can get, but is it really completely out the window??? The thought that they might be coming is the only thing keeping me going daily....PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE!!!! :cry::D

Pirates going 2-0 means anything is possible <3 haha
I miss you alreddie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If I were you, I would find a way to get to a show, there's always a way.
  • BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
    I know, I know...I just keep hoping that instead of spending money to travel and end up with super crappy seats they will just make it a lot easier and come here : ) haha
    I miss you alreddie.
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    I know how you feel. Same situation. I guess I have to imagine being on a show. Can't get any closer than that.....:(
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    Have you played my Grandmother died card yet? :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    LET'S GO BUCS!!!

I was pretty disappointed there was no Pgh show either. Surprised and disappointed. I was looking forward to coming back to the City of Champions and Pirates to catch a show... perhaps swing by the old Mellon one last time... but noooooooooooooooo... now I have to drive *past* Pittsburgh to effing Cleveland and Buffalo for my shows.

It's ok, tho, I guess. I'll survive. My Pgh shows always hold a place in my heart, tho...
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    BeeGirl86 wrote:
    So, I am going into deep depression because I am not able to make it to any of the shows. I cannot miss anymore work or days of class this year (I teach and I am a full time grad student) and am unable to travel to any of the shows close by. I still have a glimmer of hope that the band is going to come to Pittsburgh this year. The radio seems to be playing them more than ever lately and they still make comments about their tour....I know this may just me grasping onto any thing I can get, but is it really completely out the window??? The thought that they might be coming is the only thing keeping me going daily....PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE!!!! :cry::D

It is so crappy and depressing when you must sit out a tour. This I've experienced and I feel for you. Everyone is so very happy and you just feel so left out of it all especially when the reviews start coming in. You try to be happy for others but....
    the only bright side is there will be another tour another time and you will be lucky enough to go and maybe even win the lottery!
    So if you really can't swing it treat yourself to a new Pearl Jam cd or dvd and sit pretty cause your time is coming :) and this as all things shall pass
    and in the meantime good vibes sent and I'll be hoping the 18th is Pittsburgh!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    BeeGirl86 wrote:

yeah it's possible that they finish with a record of 2-160
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com