Please help support me in my climb for cancer!

HoldenHolden Posts: 19
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey Guys!
I am a 21 year old medical student from Toronto, and a huge pearl jam fan. Long time reader on the boards, but don't really post too often. Anyways, I will be in Africa this summer doing a medical elective in Uganda and Tanzania, and for my week off I will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in order to raise money for research in multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is a devastating cancer, and does not receive nearly enough attention. Unfortunately, I know this too well, as my mom has been recently diagnosed with this disease. Great progress in treatment has been made in the past five years, but we still have a long way to go. The money would be going to a great cause. If anyone on the boards is interested, wants to find out more, or wants to donate please check out my website:
http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=2531424
Any help would mean so much to me, and you would be supporting a fellow jammer!
Also, if you just feel like supporting me in another way, join my facebook group!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... 595&ref=mf
(Not sure if the link will work on here or not for facebook...) I have some good friends who are fellow jammers who have already joined the group!
See you in Cleveland, Buffalo, and Hartford!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bump!

I'll be making a donation...and I hope many people here do too.
    It's a really good cause and I applaud you for doing this!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • canadajammercanadajammer Posts: 263
    Bump!

Everyone, please please please take the time to read Holden's website and learn more about the amazing things he is doing for this worthwhile cause. I know Holden has been working extremely hard to raise money and awareness, and any donation would be greatly appreciated. I can promise that you would be supporting not only an amazing cause and a fellow Pearl Jam fan, but a terrific guy and someone who is taking this very seriously.

Thank-you very much for your consideration