Spoke with a filmproducer today...

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So I am lucky enought to (maybe) get a shortfilm idea funded by a production company here in Sweden (yay me). Hopefully it's a step in the right direction to be making more films in the future.

So I had a meeting today with the producer who is intrested. Pearl Jam came up during the meeting (As it usually does with me after a beer) and I thought it was really cool that he namedropped "State Of Love and Trust" - a meeting is alwlays better when you can discuss PJ? ;)

So he talked about a project where he wanted one musician to do all the songs, and we started to discuss films that use this. We talked about Simon and Garfunkel (The Graduate) and I mentioned Into the Wild. And it turns out he knows of Pearl Jam etc.

So after that beer I couldn't act proffesionally and started talking about my daydreams and Grindhouse-esque idea for a Pearl Jam biography movie. I talked a lot... I guess to much but explained my thoughts on how I would make this bizarre, really cool film covering Pearl Jams early career in a faux Grindhouse setting.

After my, tipsy, unproffesional and to way long speech about this movie he said: "only way I let you make that film is if you let me producet it", And I said "we'll, thats never gonne happen", and he said "no it won't. Maybe you ought to focus on this shortfilm instead?"

Hehe. Yeah well. Meaningless thread -- but I discussed a Pearl Jam biography today with a filmproducer atleast. And hopefully me and my stupid dreams won't make him quit the funding/producing of my shortfilm :)
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Good times :) It is very possible to work professionally while goofing around a bit between the battles. It is only heathy to get some breathers imo, and also helps create a good atmosphere that makes the teamwork much more enjoyable.

Shortfilms must be interesting to make. Good luck with it!
    I will swallow poison
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    ashton kutcher is a fan