Seattle

mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I'm in Seattle for a few days, anyone have ideas of places I've gotta see while I'm here. I'm going to the Showbox tonight.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Same here. I'm going for a few days at the beginning of June.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • EddiefanEddiefan Posts: 7
    The Crocodile Cafe. Its not far from the Showbox. Go into the back bar area. PJ played there way back in the beginning. Cool rock n' roll kind of place. And of course, gotta go up to the top of the Space Needle and have food/drinks in the restaurant. It rotates so you get a killer view of all of Seattle, Puget Sound, etc. Have FUN!!
    Moira
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Take the ferry over to West Seattle - great views of the skyline. You can catch a bus there and head down to Alki Beach. Also check out the Experience Music Project - I enjoyed that. The Aquarium was another thing that I enjoyed. Enjoy :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Eddiefan wrote:
    The Crocodile Cafe. Its not far from the Showbox. Go into the back bar area. PJ played there way back in the beginning. Cool rock n' roll kind of place. And of course, gotta go up to the top of the Space Needle and have food/drinks in the restaurant. It rotates so you get a killer view of all of Seattle, Puget Sound, etc. Have FUN!!

Food at Space Needle is ridiculously expensive and crappy. Get up to the top but don't eat there. There are tons of restaurants that are way better and cheaper.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Take the ferry over to West Seattle - great views of the skyline. You can catch a bus there and head down to Alki Beach. Also check out the Experience Music Project - I enjoyed that. The Aquarium was another thing that I enjoyed. Enjoy :D

and over at West Seattle stop in and visit Easy Street Records...awesome. I think they have another location in Seattle proper

I loved the food, great oysters and fresh salmon everywhere...and don't forget about the coffee.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Eddiefan wrote:

Food at Space Needle is ridiculously expensive and crappy. Get up to the top but don't eat there. There are tons of restaurants that are way better and cheaper.

walk across the street from the Space Needle to Zeek's and have a couple of fresh pizza slices alongside a caesar salad.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Trying to remember what I did when I went there ten years ago...

Obviously, there's the Space Needle and I liked the Aquarium and Pacific Science Centre. I spent a lot of time eating seafood, which was fantastic - the yearling oysters at Ivers particularly stick in my mind. Just walking around was great but then the weather was quite uncharacteristically fantastic the whole time I was there.

Have fun! :D
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    Experienced music project

pikes market lots of craft vending at the north end

kayak on lake union

oysters oceanaire had a happy hour every day from 4-6 I believe 1/2 price oysters

space needle
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THE PINK DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: in post alley

real good food and the sat night cabaret is awesome

space needle is cool for 3 minutes (but dont eat there)
    their is a decent little restaraunt 2 minutes away outside of the mall thingy

EMP is awesome

pike market is ok but to fishy :mrgreen:

stay away from safeco field ..the garlic fries will smell good for 10 minutes ..after that they ruin the day

easy street records is aways cool plus you never know who might be in there ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    edited April 2010
    This thread may help. I went last September for the 2 shows @ Keyarena. The Space Needle food is expensive BUT that's a little deceptive. They don't charge you for going up when you eat there, so the prices aren't really unreasonable. Make sure you go to West Seattle.......Alki Beach, Easy Street Records, the view, the ferry ride back and forth, it's well worth it. Check out this thread for more ideas and have a blast!!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117268
    Post edited by morgie2 on
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    morgie2 wrote:
    This thread may help. I went last Setptember for the 2 shows @ Keyarena. The Space Needle food is expensive BUT that's a little deceptive. They don't charge you for going up when you eat there, so the prices aren't really unreasonable. Make sure you go to West Seattle.......Alki Beach, Easy Street Records, the view, the ferry ride back and forth, it's well worth it. Check out this thread for more ideas and have a blast!!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117268

I, too have been at both shows but as I was rather fixed on one topic I didn't really do anything else than impatiently waiting for the evening :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Had an awesome time at the Showbox last night, what a great venue and the bands were really good. Had dinner last night at Ivar's, great salmon. I'll definitely try to get to the EMP and Easy Street. Thanks guys. Now they have to play a show here so I have a reason to come back. :mrgreen:
  • mattcoz wrote:
    I'm in Seattle for a few days, anyone have ideas of places I've gotta see while I'm here. I'm going to the Showbox tonight.

how long are you in Seattle? If you are here on Saturday come to Fuel in Pioneer Square for the Team McCready Benefit.
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    I heard these places are good for food and beverages. Nectar Lounge, Poratage Bay Cafe, Cherry Street, Stumptown Coffee and Cafe Flora.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Breakfast at Pesos is pretty awesome.

Also do a google for "gumwall Seattle". It's this weird little alley and people have squished their gum on the wall. Kinda gross, kinda cool. Mostly cool though. It's near Pike market.
  • EMP is a must

Dukes at Greenlake is the best chowder in the NW

The Crocodile as pointed out by others

The Moore Theatre if there is a good show - Sub Pop used to have a record shop literally next door to the Moore, not sure if it's still there

Bainbridge Island is a ferry ride away and home of Andy Wood, Ben Shepard, Chad Channing and many others (including me!). Nice quiet little place.

I always thought it was pretty cool to check out the Microsoft campus on the East side - but I'm a nerd too

Waterfront is a must and you can get down there after you peruse the Pike Place Market

Screw the Space Needle although the view from the top is spectacular

Madison Park is nice and on your way there you can check out Montlake (Husky Stadium) and from the park you can see most of Lake Washington including Bill Gate's home across the water
  • you should grab brunch at easy street in west seattle....spend some time at pike's place market...ride the ferry... ride the S.L.U.T. to lake union and eat at chandler's crab house, is an amazing spot for dinner.

weather tomorrow is supposed to be crap otherwise i'd say take a walk on alki.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    mattcoz wrote:

how long are you in Seattle? If you are here on Saturday come to Fuel in Pioneer Square for the Team McCready Benefit.

:D

Entry Donation: 10.00
    Time: 8:00pm
    164 S. Washington St.
    Seattle,WA
    http://www.fuelseattle.com/

Special Musical Guest - Jodie Watts with Rick Friel ;)
    To the Glorious Lonely with Jeff Rouse :mrgreen:
    Dreaded Knuckles and Enkrya
    Donations: http://www.firstgiving.com/tammilaster
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    100 Pacer wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Eddiefan wrote:

walk across the street from the Space Needle to Zeek's and have a couple of fresh pizza slices alongside a caesar salad.

absolutely DELISH! :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • get bc buds

see kurt cobain house

see jimi hendrix grave?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?