What % do you take home???

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
48%

Can anybody beat that? :lol:

Spousal support makes me want to tear out my eyeballs. I didn't even cheat or do anything f'd up. I have enough $$$ to pay my mortgage and that's about it. I guess bankruptcy is in my future.

Life is precious...
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    about 75%... depends on how ugly they are/or how drunk i was... and vice versa.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:

hey, lower your standards and raise your average. That what I always say.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:

Oh, I take 100% home. What % makes it out of my basement is a better question...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • alright... so in regards to net pay vs. gross pay...

does anyone else get a check for less than HALF of their gross pay?

:shock:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's all relative. mine's in the 60's some place. but some of that's still mine (401k)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I take home 55%, but 16% of gross goes to 401(k).
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    81 wrote:
    it's all relative. mine's in the 60's some place. but some of that's still mine (401k)

agreed.
    i honestly don't know the percentage, and i ain't figuring it out. :lol:
    however, i put a nice chunk (15%) towards my 401k, some towards dental and life insurance (do full medical thru hubby) and i also get my commutation costs removed from my pay pre-tax. so yea....lot gets taken out, but also a lot to my benefit, especially cutting back on tax. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:

agreed.
    however, i put a nice chunk (15%) towards my 401k, some towards dental and life insurance (do full medical thru hubby) and i also get my commutation costs removed from my pay pre-tax. so yea....lot gets taken out, but also a lot to my benefit, especially cutting back on tax. 8-)

what sort of word is commutation?
  • if i didn't contribute it my 401k I would take home exactly 50%. 1/3 of the health / dental care goes to my ex-wife. State and local taxes here are a fucking rip off. Most of the rest goes to child support (which is definitely okay) and spousal support (which makes me want to jump off a fucking cliff).
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:

agreed.

Main Entry: com·mu·ta·tion
    Pronunciation: \ˌkäm-yə-ˈtā-shən, -yü-\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English commutacion, from Anglo-French, from Latin commutation-, commutatio, from commutare
    Date: 15th century

1 : exchange, trade
    2 : replacement; specifically : a substitution of one form of payment or charge for another
    3 : a change of a legal penalty or punishment to a lesser one <commutation of a death sentence>
    4 : an act or process of commuting
    5 : the action of commutating

:twisted:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

agreed.

Etymology: Middle English commutacion, from Anglo-French, from Latin commutation-, commutatio, from commutare

2 : replacement; specifically : a substitution of one form of payment or charge for another
    3 : a change of a legal penalty or punishment to a lesser one <commutation of a death sentence>

Accountants War!!!! :duck:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Accountants War!!!! :duck:

*throws a 2010 master tax guide at BD*

:mrgreen:
    hey, if i were a CPA.....i'd have an even bigger paycheck to discuss i guess. ;)
    i just work for em.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    About 61.3%... but I put 16% into 401K. Per diem is untaxed too.
    that's 2 people now with 401k contributions at 16%.
    wtf is it about 16%?
    :?
    :wtf:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ok, just checked...take home is 69%

it's not a ratio i look at very often. i prefer debt/cash, debt/assets and cash/monthly expense. cash/monthly expense imo is the ratio that i monitor the closest.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • yeah it isn't something that should be monitored like debt ratios... but it is nice to know if you're getting screwed by the man (or in my case... the ex-woMAN.) I was at 68% or so when I got out of college... Now I'm making about 25% more but I am bringing home less... about $150 per paycheck less... :shock:

to bring home less than half of your gross pay is just a kick in the nuts.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    81 wrote:
    cash/monthly expense imo is the ratio that i monitor the closest.

this is what I pay attention to the most too....my take home is about 70%
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    I take home around 72%. I definitely need to throw more towards my 401K because my company does a really nice profit sharing match each year.