Yellow Ledbetter

KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Hoping pearl jam cuts back on playing this track on this tour..Well at least at the KC, STL and Indy shows...Usually, get a pretty good closer for STL...I know some fans love Yellow Ledbetter..But, I have heard it s so many times and would rather hear another closer..Not bitching just hoping..

Jeremy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Hoping pearl jam cuts back on playing this track on this tour..Well at least at the KC, STL and Indy shows...Usually, get a pretty good closer for STL...I know some fans love Yellow Ledbetter..But, I have heard it s so many times and would rather hear another closer..Not bitching just hoping..

Jeremy

Well pearl jam can't leave a city without playing the greatest song ever made so I kinda see where your going with this, you want them to never quit playing at STL?
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited April 2010
    RiotZact wrote:

Jeremy

Well pearl jam can't leave a city without playing the greatest song ever made so I kinda see where your going with this, you want them to never quit playing at STL?

That is your opinion that yellow ledbetter is the greatest pearl jam song..It is a great track no doubt it..But, just sort of tired of hearing it at the shows...They don't have to close with yellow ledbetter every show...Pearl Jam can close with whatever they want to..Yellow Ledbetter is usually for Mike to show his solo off..But, it is a great song..

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    imo, id rather hear ledbetter than RITFW...at least it's PJ and not a cover.
    We were but stones your light made us stars

I like Alive, RITFW, Baba O'riley or Fuckin' Up as a closer..Seems like it gets the crowd more involved..Just my own opinion..Even though three of those tracks are covers...

Jeremy

I like Alive, RITFW, Baba O'riley or Fuckin' Up as a closer..Seems like it gets the crowd more involved..Just my own opinion..Even though three of those tracks are covers...

Jeremy

Yeah they are good but usally they do at least one, sometimes 2 or 3 of them right before they do ledbetter
  • You know we have names for people like you.... Yellow Bedwetters.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Gone are the days of closing with Indifference or I've Got A Feeling I guess...
  • It took me six shows to get YL. Just follow me to the shows and I promise you won't hear it :lol:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I have seen PJ 5 times and have never seen YL! Always RITFW and 1 Fuckin' Up.

I am hoping for YL, Indifference, or something else at Hartford/MSG2.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    They often close with RitFW or Baba O-Riely as well so you've got a 1 out of 4 chance I guess(#4 being that they might close with something altogether different). At least you get to see them!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Here's the breakdown since 07 if anyone is interested (59 shows):

Yellow Ledbetter- 33 (56%)

Rockin in the Free World- 11 (19%)

Indifference- 7 (12%)

Baba O'Riley- 4 (7%)

Alive- 3 (5%)

All Along the Watchtower- 1 (2%)
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Cool. Thnx LBA. Good to see actual stats. I wonder why they close with YL so oftern? I mean I love that some(got it as ringtone & text alert in my phone ;->) bu there are many songs that many oeople luv......
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    I think pj closes with yl because Mike gets to do is grand solo at the end..

Jeremy
  • i agree why does pj close so much with this song

be cool if they opened with it, or played it to end the main set or somethin before the encore, instead of last song
  • if they opened with ledbetter would everyone think its a 1 song show? :lol:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Well I hope they play it in Buffalo atleast. I've never seen it live and its my wife's favorite PJ song and she is coming along with me and I would like her to atleast experience YL just once.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    really,i never enjoy this song live...cos i know is the last,show ends and i feel sad
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ..Not bitching just hoping..
    Jeremy
    better hoping , cos im the bitching police,and ill put u a penalty 8-):mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Are you all f'in nuts or just spoiled
    Yellow is the closer it is the best song that any rock band can end a show with You should feel privey to hear such an awesome song at your concert If they do not play it at the end of my show I will think it was all for none
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • givenfliersgivenfliers Posts: 144
    18 shows foe me and 4 this tour and have yet to here indifference i personally like ritfw to end it but fuckinup no way
  • CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    Yellow Ledbetter is almost a magical song, but agree it may of been overplayed since the 2000 tour. Indifference should close more shows.
    if they opened with ledbetter would everyone think its a 1 song show? :lol:

I'd still go! :lol:
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    It's tradition. Plain and simple.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    really,i never enjoy this song live...cos i know is the last,show ends and i feel sad

it's the same thing with don't dream it's over by crowded house/neil finn ... you hear it, you're like "WHOO LOVE.. oh.. fuckballs... :(... "
  • airblue1 wrote:
    Are you all f'in nuts or just spoiled
    Yellow is the closer it is the best song that any rock band can end a show with You should feel privey to hear such an awesome song at your concert If they do not play it at the end of my show I will think it was all for none

I'm with you. There is no way this song could ever be considered "overplayed". Greatest song there is and greatest closer there is.
    Here is my situation..I have seen pearl jam many times...Which I am at 36 shows and I have heard yl a lot..I guess I am just spoiled and want to hear other closers...No doubt YL is an excellent closer...

I am just hoping PJ closes with something else than yl at leat two of these three shows..KC, STL, NOBS..

I know there is a slim chance of this happening..But, I think it would be kickass if pearl jam closed with Hard Sun...I know it is more an Ed solo track..But, man it would get the crowd a rockin..

Jeremy
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I appreciate them playing YL because it gives me fair warning that the show is going to end and I can get a head start on the inevitable traffic jam. I remember someone on here biting a proverbial pillow about me leaving during YL like I was crazy. But it was nice to see fewer cars in front of me than behind me - suckers.
    if they opened with ledbetter would everyone think its a 1 song show? :lol:

I think you just divided by zero and blew my mind, dude. :shock: :o
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Here's the breakdown since 07 if anyone is interested (59 shows):

Yellow Ledbetter- 33 (56%)

Rockin in the Free World- 11 (19%)

Indifference- 7 (12%)

Baba O'Riley- 4 (7%)

Alive- 3 (5%)

All Along the Watchtower- 1 (2%)

Hmmm, I've had:

Fortunate Son (Perth 03)
    Rockin in the Free World (Perth 06, Sydney 09)
    Alive (LA3 09)
    Indifference (w/Ben) (LA4 09)
    Yellow Ledbetter (Perth 09, Melbourne 09, Perth2 98, Perth 95)
    Baba o'reilly (Perth1 98)

Second Last Songs:
    Crazy Mary (Sydney 09)
    Baba O'reilly (Melbourne 09)
    Alive (Perth 09, LA3 09, Perth 03)
    Hunger Strike (w/Chris Cornell) (LA3 09)
    Blood (Perth 06)
    Black (Perth1 98)
    Betterman (Perth2 98)
    Let My Love Open The Door (Perth 95)

Not a bad effort that! ;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :o:o:o:o:o Wild Child and the Burn Outs check them out
    tonite at Motorheads wow
    Ledbetter! surprise!! way cool.... 2nd song in
    sung buy a favorite waitress :o trust me please cool lady
    again yellow ledbetter sung buy a woman way cool :o
    this might be morse code or I'm wasted 8-)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pandora wrote:
    :o:o:o:o:o Wild Child and the Burn Outs check them out
    tonite at Motorheads wow
    Ledbetter! surprise!! way cool.... 2nd song in
    sung buy a favorite waitress :o trust me please cool lady
    again yellow ledbetter sung buy a woman way cool :o
    this might be morse code or I'm wasted 8-)

sounds like your havin a good night.