$400 for MSG tickets on eBay?

ISpokeInClassTodayISpokeInClassToday Posts: 32
edited April 2010 in The Porch
The wife ain't gonna like when I pull the trigger.........oops. Any of you guys know if it is worth maybe waiting and searching around to see if another 10C member has a better price? I am just looking to be in MSG. Hopefully not behind the stage. But damn, $400 for 2 high up 300 level seats? ouch.....any other ideas anyone might have would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
October 31st, 2009 - Philly, PA
May 18th, 2010 - Newark, NJ
May 21st, 2010 - MSG, NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    The wife ain't gonna like when I pull the trigger.........oops. Any of you guys know if it is worth maybe waiting and searching around to see if another 10C member has a better price? I am just looking to be in MSG. Hopefully not behind the stage. But damn, $400 for 2 high up 300 level seats? ouch.....any other ideas anyone might have would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I wouldnt do it. You can do better. Check out Fansnap. It will check every online seller, including ebay and show it on a seating plan. You can get seats in the 200s or even the 100s for the same price or lower (e.g.,section 205 - $350) or better tickets in the 300s for less money. Dont get me wrong- there are some really obnoxious prices on stubhub and elsewhere (e.g., $750 for section 110) but I think you can do better than the ebay seller you are considering. I have no stake in it - but I got shut out in Philly and got a good deal on a PHilly3 ticket right next to the stage on stubhub. And i scored singles for both MSG nights in section 79 and 108 for around $300 each. You may get 10c tickets, but if you need two, it will be harder. There are a lot of tickets out there and prices will go down a bit. In the end, its a matter of personal preference --Im impatient and I dont mind spending the money, so I jumped on good tickets when i thought it was the right deal.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    thanks for mentioning fansnap.com.
    that site is great. never heard of it before
  • NYCPJ wrote:

I wouldnt do it. You can do better. Check out Fansnap. It will check every online seller, including ebay and show it on a seating plan. You can get seats in the 200s or even the 100s for the same price or lower (e.g.,section 205 - $350) or better tickets in the 300s for less money. Dont get me wrong- there are some really obnoxious prices on stubhub and elsewhere (e.g., $750 for section 110) but I think you can do better than the ebay seller you are considering. I have no stake in it - but I got shut out in Philly and got a good deal on a PHilly3 ticket right next to the stage on stubhub. And i scored singles for both MSG nights in section 79 and 108 for around $300 each. You may get 10c tickets, but if you need two, it will be harder. There are a lot of tickets out there and prices will go down a bit. In the end, its a matter of personal preference --Im impatient and I dont mind spending the money, so I jumped on good tickets when i thought it was the right deal.

I had never heard of this site. Thanks for the info!!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    $400???

For 2 tickets to see Pearl Jam???? 2 tickets in the 300's??????

Are you fucking kidding me???? Not in a million years would I pay $400 for seats in the 300's........

The day of the concert Ticketmaster will release seats (they always do).....Be patient, wait till the day of the show, and check ticketmaster. You will get decent tickets, for face value.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    $400???

Are you fucking kidding me???? Not in a million years would I pay $400 for seats in the 300's........

The day of the concert Ticketmaster will release seats (they always do).....Be patient, wait till the day of the show, and check ticketmaster. You will get decent tickets, for face value.

thats true, and ive gotten a ton of tickets that way over the last 15 years (promoter release at MSG) but its not a sure thing. Sometimes it doesnt work. But i agree-- one way or the other, you can do better. Many of the prices for tickets on line will get reduced as well. And well i might pay $400 for a PJ ticket, i wouldnt pay that price for those tickets.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    $400???

What this guy says.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • I really do appreciate the help. After reading the advice from everybody, I think I am going to hold off a little while. After the Philly 4 show being my first, I feel I NEED to be at the Garden. I just can't believe I didn't go to a show since I first started listening to Ten when it was released!!!! Thanks again.
    I really do appreciate the help. After reading the advice from everybody, I think I am going to hold off a little while. After the Philly 4 show being my first, I feel I NEED to be at the Garden. I just can't believe I didn't go to a show since I first started listening to Ten when it was released!!!! Thanks again.
    Philly 4 was your first show???

Nice!!!!

I can see your excitement, and wanting/needing tickets for MSG....But take a deep breath!!!! hehehehe

$400 for 300's is just crazy....In my opinion.

Heck, for $400 you can get on a plane, get a hotel, and a decent ticket for Indy, St. Louis, or KC......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I really do appreciate the help. After reading the advice from everybody, I think I am going to hold off a little while. After the Philly 4 show being my first, I feel I NEED to be at the Garden. I just can't believe I didn't go to a show since I first started listening to Ten when it was released!!!! Thanks again.
    Philly 4 was your first show???

Nice!!!!

I can see your excitement, and wanting/needing tickets for MSG....But take a deep breath!!!! hehehehe

Heck, for $400 you can get on a plane, get a hotel, and a decent ticket for Indy, St. Louis, or KC......

yea but you wind up in Indy, St. Louis , or KC
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    For $200, buy these.

Take the $200 you just saved, and take a roadtrip to Buffalo, with the wife.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-2-Tickets ... 3efe7515e1
  • For $200, buy these.

I would love to get up to Buffalo, Hartford, or Boston but the job won't allow me. I know that I can't get the entire day off right now. I can't even get 2 days off in one week. So its gotta be MSG because I can get their within a half hour by hoppin on the train. Nice idea though.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    No way i would never pay that price for any venue for any ticket in the house ...For any band

MSG is overrated in my honest opinion ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    For $200, buy these.

I would love to get up to Buffalo, Hartford, or Boston but the job won't allow me. I know that I can't get the entire day off right now. I can't even get 2 days off in one week. So its gotta be MSG because I can get their within a half hour by hoppin on the train. Nice idea though.
    I just checked craiglist, and if you want to pay $169 a ticket, you can sit in sec. 212.

Yeah it might be behind the stage, or off to the side, on Mikes side....
    But that is REAL close to the stage, and its a pretty decent view.

I have sat behind the stage, and sidestage at a few shows in my life....
    Its not a bad as you would think.....
    Actually they are pretty decent tickets.....
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/tix/1675032505.html

I have no idea where sec. 125 is.....

But it HAS to be better than the 300's!!!!!!!

$150 a ticket isnt all that bad....Right????
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/tix/1675032505.html

Ok, now I have checked out the venue map.

These tickets are pretty damned good....Right????

I would offer $250 for 2....And see where it gets you.....

And feel free at anytime, to tell me to shut up, and mind my own damned business......hehehehehehehe
    i love my 123's

125's are nice tickets
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I agree about Fansnap. I just scored the tix I needed from some great 10C members but I've been checking fansnap for the last 2 weeks or so. The prices are gradually coming down. I would wait another week or two and pull the trigger. There seems to be a sweet spot between prices hitting bottom and then going back up. Try to buy before they start going back up. I say a week or two, but it's an educated guess.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    i love my 123's

125's are nice tickets
    Those 125's are a fucking bargain, compared to everything else on ebay, stubhub, craigslist.... etc.....

The guy is asking $150 a piece or best offer....

At $150, it is still a great deal.....
    i love my 123's

125's are nice tickets
    Those 125's are a fucking bargain, compared to everything else on ebay, stubhub, craigslist.... etc.....

The guy is asking $150 a piece or best offer....

At $150, it is still a great deal.....

yes it is a bargain when you consider alll the other listings out there
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    No way i would never pay that price for any venue for any ticket in the house ...For any band

MSG is overrated in my honest opinion ...
    tru dat

wait until closer to the show
    there will be more tickets available
    plus, dont forget that the prices on stubhub automatically drop as the show gets closer
    they have an office in NYC so you can pick up tickets before the show
    I have friends that have gone over to the office hours before a show and negotiated pretty good deals
  • http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/tix/1675032505.html

Ok, now I have checked out the venue map.

These tickets are pretty damned good....Right????

I would offer $250 for 2....And see where it gets you.....

And feel free at anytime, to tell me to shut up, and mind my own damned business......hehehehehehehe

No man. The help is great. I was about to pull the trigger but now you and everyone else is making me feel real good about giving it a little time. I wish I started posting a long time ago. I can really feel the love from the PJ family.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941
    edited April 2010

yea but you wind up in Indy, St. Louis , or KC

I need an audio version of this response with a heavy new yawk accent. ;)
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    there is always a ticket, remember that,

no need to go out paying anymore than cost and lining the pockets of scalping scum.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594

And really, it's not just his opinion. We all agree. Don't spend that kinda cash on a 300 level ticket.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam