Options

problem with pearljamlive.com?

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited October 2008 in The Porch
whenever i try to open a show windows media player gives me a message saying

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

what the hell do i do to fix this?
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    You might want to email their support letting them know about this issue.

A couple months ago they were having server problems, maybe its the same or similar issue..

Having the 'specified protocol is not supported' error is either you are not using the correct software to run their encrypted files. Or their file extensions need to be changed/altered for your software to be able to play them.

I would shoot them a quick email, I am sure they will be able to answer you much better..
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    did you accept this 'run activeX control', when you first log onto the website.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2100/pearljamliveek9.jpg

it should work if you did.
  • Options
    I dont think the active X will make the audio files play within Windows Media player.

I am pretty sure the active x is needed because of everything being in flash on the website.

Without active x you would not see the information to choose, however once you click on a show and it automatically opens your Windows Media player, I do not think active x is needed anymore for enjoying the songs.

It is now up to the pearljamlive.com server to connect properly to Windows Media player, and have those two parties exchange the proper information leading to music playing. Its at this stage where there is a bug in the system and things are crashing..

Of course I could be completely wrong :)