What a 16th B-day present

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited April 2010 in The Porch
May 4th will be my sons 16th B-day. He has just about everything he needs and would want. This year being the all special 16th Birthday Pearl Jam just happens to be touring. Sadly were in Arizona and Pearl Jam will be in Kansas City. Being a loving parent i said lets just try to get tickets. and did we ever floor tickets for not only KC, But ST.Louis. Now that's what I would loved for my 16th to go on a Pearl Jam road trip with my father. we are gonna live it up and remember this birthday forever. Thank the touring Gods for everything working out just great. Hope everyone a safe,fun, and happy Tour.
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dwhite76 wrote:
    May 4th will be my sons 16th B-day. He has just about everything he needs and would want. This year being the all special 16th Birthday Pearl Jam just happens to be touring. Sadly were in Arizona and Pearl Jam will be in Kansas City. Being a loving parent i said lets just try to get tickets. and did we ever floor tickets for not only KC, But ST.Louis. Now that's what I would loved for my 16th to go on a Pearl Jam road trip with my father. we are gonna live it up and remember this birthday forever. Thank the touring Gods for everything working out just great. Hope everyone a safe,fun, and happy Tour.

I wish you were my dad, that is an awesome gift! Hope you have a great experience with your son.
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Thanx Bro, We are counting down the days till take offffff.
  • dwhite76 wrote:

Awesome. My parents live in Surprise and it is an awesome place. We have been there many times and have enjoyed the spring training stadium for the Royals and Rangers. Enjoy the wonderful weather. I hope someday PJ plays at the jobing.com center so I can plan a trip.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Wow, that's one hell of a present mate!
    México 24/11/2011
    Pearl Jam wont play in Arizona untill I move. I was at the 98 show in Hartford,CT and Vedder said they will never play here again so moving to AZ didnt hurt so bad. They played in CT 4-5 times since I moved 6 years ago and 0000 times in AZ. So maybe Ill pretend Im moving then they will come here.
    MB999 wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:

Awesome. My parents live in Surprise and it is an awesome place. We have been there many times and have enjoyed the spring training stadium for the Royals and Rangers. Enjoy the wonderful weather. I hope someday PJ plays at the jobing.com center so I can plan a trip.
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    Wow, that's one hell of a present mate!
    Thanks, Mate
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    Pearl Jam wont play in Arizona untill I move. I was at the 98 show in Hartford,CT and Vedder said they will never play here again so moving to AZ didnt hurt so bad. They played in CT 4-5 times since I moved 6 years ago and 0000 times in AZ. So maybe Ill pretend Im moving then they will come here.
    MB999 wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:

If they come to AZ I will be there, fingers crossed.
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    I think this birthday gift trumps all other gifts... ever!

p.s. I received Ten for my 16th b-day
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    that is a sweet present!!

my dad birthday is may 18th so im taking him to the 17th or hopefully they will add one on the 18th so it will be that one instead...he got me into PJ and loves them so it will be perfect!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    That's one awesome present!!! Your son is gonna have a blast!!

10/27/09 was my 17th birthday & all I wanted was to see PJ in Philly, but my parents wouldn't let me go :(
    So really- for doing this for your son you are one cool parent!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    That is a truly amazing B-Day gift. Have a great time, I'm sure neither of you will ever forget it :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    dwhite76 wrote:

You are a good dad, im sure you will have a great time with your sons this summer!!!

My dad and me are travelling all the way to the MSG shows for my 21st this year, can't fucking wait! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    A Pearl Jam concert was one of my 16th birthday presents albeit from a friend, not my parents, although them allowing me to go was I guess good enough. April 29th in Albany, 2003 the day after my birthday. Was a really good but short show. Opened with I Am Mine and closed with Baba O'Riley, only took me 6 more years and 16 more concerts to hear Baba again.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Of course, to make the B-Day present complete...give him his OWN 10Club membership. A little late, shoulda done it when he was born, BUT believe me it will come in handy if he goes away for college. I have one son at U of Cincinnati who got 10C tickets for the Indianapolis show, and my other son at Pitt who uses his membership for vaious shows as well ( Boston, MSG).

I've seen over 20 shows with one or both of my sons and its a blast.

Enjoy
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

Thanks guys for all you great words of fun and encouragement. We cant wait to hit the plane soon and get into a 10club pre party.I'm looking to bond with my son over the 5 day trip and get it how it used to be. He now is 4 inches taller than I but 2 brain halves non the wiser. Maybe during this father son B-Day trip I can make it special enough to make it all click again. and if not at least the music will kick ass. I love You Aaron and let that be the first step of us both holding nothing back and trusting we will always be their for each other. Now lets start packing and get ready for our Pearl Jam trip. Thanks Again to everyone's kind heartfelt words. Thanks,Peace,Love
  • samjam wrote:

10/27/09 was my 17th birthday & all I wanted was to see PJ in Philly, but my parents wouldn't let me go :(

17 and your parents wouldn't let you go to a PJ concert?? WTF?? why not? my first show was Aerosmith at 15 years old, and I don't remember there even being a discussion about it. and believe me, my parents were strict!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    I was able to convince my wife that at 10 and 8 years old, our rock-loving sons NEEDED Pearl Jam to be their first-ever concert experience. Albiet the nosebleeds, I'll be making my first (of many, I hope) Father/Sons PJ concerts with my boys in Columbus on May 6. My 8 year old asked me yesterday, "Dad, aren't you excited that it's now only 30 days until the Pearl Jam concert?"

Hard to Imagine (pun) the next generation loves Pearl Jam as much as ours does.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    awesome dad....my dad brought me to a KoRn concert when I was 11. lol
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:

17 and your parents wouldn't let you go to a PJ concert?? WTF?? why not? my first show was Aerosmith at 15 years old, and I don't remember there even being a discussion about it. and believe me, my parents were strict!

Yeah. Just didn't fit together. My parents said I could actually go but they wouldn't drive me. I asked my dad and heard "Ask your Mom". Asked my mom, got "Ask your Dad", so no can do. I could have taken the bus, but my mom wasn't too keen on that. That and other silly logistical things that could have been solved if one parent was willing to drive the 2 hours.
    But oh well- can't turn back time! The 2 MSG shows will make up for it- I know I'm gonna have the time of my life and I'm so excited!! 6 more weeks!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    I am currently available for adoption. Im 30, but I'll be a good son, I promise.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • toastmantoastman Posts: 5
    I can only hope PJ are still rocking when my son is 16. Would love to carry on this tradition with him. Too bad he's only 1 now. Is that too young for a PJ concert ;)
    Gmoney wrote:
    I am currently available for adoption. Im 30, but I'll be a good son, I promise.
    Take out the papers and the trash. Or you wont see no Pearl Jam with your lazy ass. I'm looking more to trade my kids for vinyl. Or the first 2 Xmass singles.
    toastman wrote:
    I can only hope PJ are still rocking when my son is 16. Would love to carry on this tradition with him. Too bad he's only 1 now. Is that too young for a PJ concert ;)
    Yes 1 is to young. My son has been asking since he was 1 when vitalogy came out. really got on me when he was about 8-12. still didn't want to take him to a east coast PJ show. I finally took him to the 2009 4th LA show and he was stunned. Loved every minute of it. He couldn't believe he was singing along with Eddie and hearing the band live. So this was a no brainer B-Day present.
    how many others are taking their kids to their first pearl jam show.