"the day eddie vedder taught me to surf"

michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Cool blog post that I saw on Twitter...

http://davidcrowderblog.com/post/438236 ... ow-to-surf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    its posts like this that make me scratch my head when i hear people gripe about how the band has gotten green disease ... giving of oneself is often the most generous act one can do ...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,938
    pretty cool. could use a paragraph break!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,764
    makes me green with envy...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    polaris_x wrote:
    its posts like this that make me scratch my head when i hear people gripe about how the band has gotten green disease ... giving of oneself is often the most generous act one can do ...

I think it's b/c they've double ticket prices.

Not to downplay him hanging with guy and helpin with surfing, as that's cool as fuck. I think you can want all the money in the world and still be cool.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,764
    DewieCox wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Not to downplay him hanging with guy and helpin with surfing, as that's cool as fuck. I think you can want all the money in the world and still be cool.

i agree that they have become somewhat walking contradictions.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DewieCox wrote:

sorry for bringing this up but i will add this similar to my other comments on other threads ...

no one here knows where that money is allocated and no one truly knows what each band member does with their money ... you can only speculate ... a PJ ticket is still relatively low compared to other acts ... if you want to assume the worst of them ... that is your prerogative but i've seen and read enough to think otherwise ...

my experience is also that people who are generally giving as a person are not ones to suffer from greed ... but that's just my personal experience ...
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2010
    Lovely to see Ed's kindness to others...seems to be a very generous person with his time...
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    What a cool story!! What a lucky guy! Thanks for posting!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    i was thinking
    shut up and get to the vedder part!
    :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    i was thinking
    shut up and get to the vedder part!
    :)

Yeah I can appreciate that... when it got to the Vedder part I was asking my self... "thats it?"

That said, I think the writing is interesting. I have thought about the prospect of being letdown by a potential run-in with a well respected celeb. Glad it turn out great for the fellow.
    Yeah the blogger seem to describe all the types of fans and celebs in great detail.
    ......then only a tiny bit about eddie.

still cool thou......getting to surf with him.

• Yeah, he clearly didn't hang on every word Ed said or act like Ed was center of the universe.

Hence, he was invited to surf with him. :lol:
    ahhh, very good point. :)
    But clearly he didn’t hold back describing the levels of a fan-dom-ness either.

• Right! He's got the magic combination, the perfect mix ;)
    Right! He's got the magic combination, the perfect mix ;)

yeah :lol: