Roskilde remembered.

veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
edited April 2010 in The Porch
This is obviously a very significant, sad, poignant and personal memory for those connected and those on here who felt the impact 10 years ago. It was listening to the boot from night two, Randalls Island 96 that made me think about that night. For those who haven't listened to it, the band stop in the middle of Animal to give a collapsed section of the crowd the chance to re-group and it must be nearly 5 minutes it takes before they start playing again. I was travelling on the night of the tragedy in 2000 and only heard what happened the next morning on BBC news and I was naturally stunned and reminded right away of Randalls Island four years earlier and what could have been. I will be there in Berlin on the 30th this year like many others to remember the nine and what the families and band endured at the time. Lets give the band something good to remember on this tour and as Ed always says, "Look out for your neighbours." We have the power to control these situations and the ability to avoid them. Have fun and a safe tour to all of you.
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Yes they better play LBC!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    I remember it from the swedish news channels. Pictures of Eddie crying on stage etc. This was 1-2 years before I got into Pearl Jam.

Saw the bootleg on pressed disc at a small market in a small Swedish town in 2007, the only PJ related item they had. Found that really weird. Did not buy it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Was listening to the secc boot from glasgow yesterday less than a month before Roskilde
    and at one point eddie stops singing an asks if everyone is ok and that everyone was up no one underneath
    was at the gig and although i cant remember that bit of it in particular
    remember it being hot and rough in the crowd as well as being an awsome night the first time i'd seen the boys live
    sad to think what was just round the corner
    and here we all are ten years later
    its a crazy old world
    everyone stay safe ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Yeah i've got every show and this one i havent actually listened to yet.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I got a bundle of PJ boots from a record fair and there was a Roskilde one in there too but it's not something I could ever listen to so I gave it back to the guy and explained about it so he snapped it and binned it. Hope to hear LBC in Berlin too.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i'm suprised there's even a boot available for it.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    It's funny how they continue from where they left off. Would of assumed they would've gone into the next song.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman