This is tough.....

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
....my girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me...yes me...can you believe it?! Anyway, we own a house with both our names on the mortgage. Neither one of us can afford it alone so it looks like we have to sell. I love this house, but now we are trapped together with this purchase. Any advice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not4u32not4u32 Posts: 46
    Sorry to hear my friend...cant offer any advice only my condolences...maybe our paths will cross in Indy...i will buy you a beer
  • 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    hopefully the split is friendly? then if it is then yous guys can come to a decision on what to do with the property. hopefully you come out on top!!!!!!!!
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Move another girl in .Hell move a couple in . split that shit up and just be roommates . your not selling shit anytime soon . or at least soon enough to get out of there . cheers ;)
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    what about renting it out?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....my girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me...yes me...can you believe it?! Anyway, we own a house with both our names on the mortgage. Neither one of us can afford it alone so it looks like we have to sell. I love this house, but now we are trapped together with this purchase. Any advice?

:| Sorry to hear that man!!!

How long have you been in that house?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    jokertt wrote:
    Move another girl in .Hell move a couple in . split that shit up and just be roommates . your not selling shit anytime soon . or at least soon enough to get out of there . cheers ;)
    fantastic idea.
    :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    chadwick wrote:
    jokertt wrote:
    fantastic idea.
    :mrgreen:

+1 genius!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Sorry you're having to deal with any of it Sawyer. Hope things start looking up soon. Wish I had some brilliant idea for you but I don't.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ugh....man that sucks.
    not much you can do but bite the bullet and sell. there will be other houses you love, just like other girls. not much help right now, but ya know it's the truth. that said, i wish you luck.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow