Pearl Jam economic stimulus plan

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited April 2010 in The Porch
We started touching on this point in a different thread. I am from detroit and i am going to the cleveland show.. Me and my buddy expect to have a 700 dollar weekend (at least). and i got to thinking, thats just 2 people and one show.. Many of u are going to multiple shows. With hotels, planes, cars, food, drink, admission, etc. How much are you expecting to pay?? Pearl Jam fans doing their part to keep this economy rollin!!!!!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    80 or so for my Hartford tix and about 150-175 to the local bars around the XL center
  • nominomi Posts: 34
    well, with the money that i'll be spending i can pay the rent and some bills for two families!
    i'm going to dublin,belfast and london shows and i'm from israel so i have to pay for the flights as well, thank god that i have a friend in london so i have where to crash.
    i've been working my butt off and it will be my first , second and third time at a pearl jam show. :D
    i am so excited and even my dad thinks it's a great experience.
    have fun!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
    Don't hold the hand that's holding you down...

~The O2, Dublin 2010~
    ~Odyssey Arena, Belfast 2010~
    ~Hyde Park, London 2010~
    ~Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam 2014~
    ~ Madison Square Garden, New York 2016~
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    For my friend and I, Chicago to Cleveland:

Tickets: $150
    Gas (estimated in May dollars): $150
    Hotel $110
    Food and incidentals: $100

Estimated costs: $510
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Round trip airline tix from Cali to NYC-$300
    Tix to Hartford, both MSG-$600
    MSG being my 60th pj show-PRICELESS

then I get back to Cali and realize I'm broke..... :D
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Hartford

1 Ticket-$75
    1 Tank of gas there and back-$60
    1 Poster-$30
    1 Shirt-$35
    Beers and food before the show- $70 give or take
    Total=$270

Boston

2 Tickets- $188
    Train ride to venue x2- $9
    1 Poster-$30
    Beers and food before show -$100 (I'm wining and dining the wife as well)
    Total= $327

So I'm looking at about $600 for 2 nights of PJ. Damn, glad I got my job back when I did.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    Flight to Dublin and home (to Sweden). Then flight to Berlin (has a return ticket to I have to just throw away.. sucks), then train to Belgium then flight home.

Expensive. Don't want to think about the cost.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    doing 10 shows,in 10 different countries,not one show in my country,22 days touring,5 trains,12 flights,11 hotels booking,2 buses,.start at 20th June,geting back home at 11th July,food-drinks-poster-shirts....
    i have a headache already...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shejammztshejammzt Posts: 72
    doing 10 shows,in 10 different countries,not one show in my country,22 days touring,5 trains,12 flights,11 hotels booking,2 buses,.start at 20th June,geting back home at 11th July,food-drinks-poster-shirts....
    :crazy: :clap: :crazy: :clap: :crazy:
    11/30/93 7/11/98 10/22/00 4/28/03 6/6/03 9/30/05 7/6/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 10/9/09 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/17/10 5/18/10 6/22/10 6/23/10 6/25/10 10/23/10 10/24/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/21/11 9/23/11 9/25/11 6/20/12 6/21/12 9/30/12 7/19/13 10/21/13 10/22/13 10/30/13 11/19/13 11/21/13 11/29/13 11/30/13 12/2/13 12/4/13 12/6/13 6/16/14 6/17/14 6/22/14 6/25/14 6/26/14
    EV Solo: SAN 08 EWR 08 STL 11 LAS 12
    Who Rock Honors 08
    Bridge School 10 14
    FTM 12
    Holier than thou....how?
    Surrendered...Executed any how........

I hope your not one of those people who bring and wave a flad at every concert in some stupid attempt at "national pride" and to have Eddie say something about your country...

Worst. Fans. Ever.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588

I hope your not one of those people who bring and wave a flad at every concert in some stupid attempt at "national pride" and to have Eddie say something about your country...

Worst. Fans. Ever.

What's a flad?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman

I hope your not one of those people who bring and wave a flag at every concert in some stupid attempt at "national pride" and to have Eddie say something about your country...

Worst. Fans. Ever.
    What's a flad?
    Sry, meant FLAG.

Worst. Fans. Ever.
    1st i dont jugde anyone no matter how he like to enjoy the show..

2nd if they play freebird bet your money u will see my Greek flag...
    3rd,bring yours to be in fotos with friends from all over the world..

53351217823883118115450.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • From Detroit. Going to Boston and MSG1. Round trip tix to Boston, hotel stay in both cities, car rental to drive from Bos to NY, food+shopping for 2.......This will cost too much but will be worth it. Best way to begin the summer :)

L
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    From Nashville to Columbus and Indy.. Flight round trip to Columbus $150. Car rental $50 Gas $75 Hotel in Dayton $70x2 nights = $140. ticket to both shows $75x2=$150. Poster $30x2=$60. Meals for 2 1/2 days $150. So ATLEAST $775 not including other bullshit I am bound to waste money on.. and ofcourse there are the bootlegs.. (Still holding out for Philly boots btw)
  • going to help out New Orleans by seeing MMJ twice, then Julien Casablancas, then pj and the rest of Jazzfest, then maybe some Rodrigo and Gabriela to top it off.

gonna be a busy 2 weeks.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    bhigh901 wrote:
    From Nashville to Columbus and Indy.. Flight round trip to Columbus $150. Car rental $50 Gas $75 Hotel in Dayton $70x2 nights = $140. ticket to both shows $75x2=$150. Poster $30x2=$60. Meals for 2 1/2 days $150. So ATLEAST $775 not including other bullshit I am bound to waste money on.. and ofcourse there are the bootlegs.. (Still holding out for Philly boots btw)
    google pearljam bootlegs .org
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Yeah.. I have the audience tape.. but the sound is so/so.. I guess I've gotten spoiled since 2000... Anyone else remember paying 35-50 bucks for audience recording bootleg cd's in the mid 90's?? :lol:
    bhigh901 wrote:
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Yeah.. I have the audience tape.. but the sound is so/so.. I guess I've gotten spoiled since 2000... Anyone else remember paying 35-50 bucks for audience recording bootleg cd's in the mid 90's?? :lol:
    No Fuckin' Messiah was my personal favorite

1. I judge people with flags that often block out the view for other people (London 2007 for example) And generally I think it's kind of... stupid.

2. If the play Survivalism by Nine Inch Nails I will be happy, not gonne happen though :)

3. Don't need to :) I don't see the need of flashing a Swedish flag... or any flag... maybe a mushroom kingdom flag if there was any.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am not adding it all up but we are doing our part with 2 trips , KC and then Hartford a couple weeks later.
    The cost of seeing Pearl Jam- priceless :D

1. I judge people with flags that often block out the view for other people (London 2007 for example) And generally I think it's kind of... stupid.

2. If the play Survivalism by Nine Inch Nails I will be happy, not gonne happen though :)

3. Don't need to :) I don't see the need of flashing a Swedish flag... or any flag... maybe a mushroom kingdom flag if there was any.
    im ok with people,if they like to show their flags im ok..dont this make someone stupid..and yes no need to flash the swedish flag,,is an ugly flag.. :lol:
    And the greek flag is the most beautiful I bet? ;)

Just don't wave it in front of my view, than I have to burn it... ;)
    And the greek flag is the most beautiful I bet? ;)

Just don't wave it in front of my view, than I have to burn it... ;)
    nop,Greek isnt the most beautiful,but has one of the greatiest meaning ever..something im very proud of...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Greece
    and for not block your view u must come to the shows early in the morning.. ;)
    and for not block your view u must come to the shows early in the morning..
    Or people can choose to not block others view with flags, which are pointless to begin with.

If someone hires a plane to fly past the show with a PLAY HELP HELP!-sign behind it, I would respect that.

Waving something as pointless as a flag which only blocks the view from the people behind it just showstotal lack of respect IMO.

(not to sound to harsch)

The second worst kind of fans are the one who screams "EDDIE VEEEDERRRRR!!" on live boots for whatever reason...
  • 3 shows at about 1150 all expenses included.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    Or people can choose to not block others view with flags, which are pointless to begin with.

If someone hires a plane to fly past the show with a PLAY HELP HELP!-sign behind it, I would respect that.

Waving something as pointless as a flag which only blocks the view from the people behind it just showstotal lack of respect IMO.

(not to sound to harsch)

The second worst kind of fans are the one who screams "EDDIE VEEEDERRRRR!!" on live boots for whatever reason...
    ok seriously..its a rock concert..people are a little wild than pavaroti shows .no flags.no scream,maybe not moving,?then u will have the best view ever..u was in berlin last year?..was 30 flags there..when pj was on stage was 3-4 flags open, a belgiun,a polish,a croatian ,a australian and a chile one...some was open in Nothing as it seems.polish +italian for some moments..and alot was open and wave at Keep on rockin as i did,was the one song before the end of the show.u understant the meaning i guess..
    there was no problem with flags,.noone mention it...
    people try to express themselfs in many ways..in Berlin venue its so easy to find a spot for have the best view and find the way to enjoy the show..if a girl next to me wants to scream eddie name,she is wellcome...
    ok seriously..its a rock concert..people are a little wild than pavaroti shows .no flags.no scream,maybe not moving,?then u will have the best view ever..u was in berlin last year?..was 30 flags there..when pj was on stage was 3-4 flags open, a belgiun,a polish,a croatian ,a australian and a chile one...some was open in Nothing as it seems.polish +italian for some moments..and alot was open and wave at Keep on rockin as i did,was the one song before the end of the show.u understant the meaning i guess..
    people try to express themselfs in many ways..in Berlin venue its so easy to find a spot for have the best view and find the way to enjoy the show..if a girl next to me wants to scream eddie name,she is wellcome...

:)
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Just hitting one show: Columbus (these prices are for two)

Flight & Hotel around $550
    Two Tix: $150
    Food, Drink & Fun: Probably another $250
    Live Pearl Jam: Priceless
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

(not to sound to harsch)

Now isn't that cute...the Euros are arguing!
    Flags? really? is that what we are fighting about?? Nothing ever changes ,,,