GO SEE PJ LIVE! You will not regret it.

force-10force-10 Posts: 794
edited May 2010 in The Porch
***edit*** If years ago, I would have read some threads on this board that are around these days, maybe I would have not become a member last year and made this incredible trip. For those that are reading and are not members, believe me YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.***

I just want to say, 6 months later, that spending a lot of dough for finally experiencing PJ live was worth it. Paying the international membership was worth it. I finally recently finished paying the money I loaned.

4 shows (seattle 1 and 2; LA 1 and 2)

60 different songs of a total of about 110.

What other band does this?

Met people, got to hang out in places I never visited. Got to get together with family in LA.

One song really surprised me and was one that I rocked out the most (and it was not a PJ original, weird): driven to tears

Long years for PJ! hip hip, hooray!......bis
IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    been thinking about it for 20 years :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    No way dude, I've seen them live before and they absolutely suck!!! Creed is WAY better and I think nickleback is even BETTER..... :D

Jk man, they are the BEST there is the BEST there was and the BEST there ever will be...and that's the bottom line cuz I said so....
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Who is this pearl jam you speak of?... :shock:

Yeah it is well worth the money to see pearl jam live in concert..

Jeremy
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    best live act ever :D
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Is this not the Spice Girls fan club??? :lol:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Think you got the wrong forum!
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    If i had the money id be flying to the US for more PJ shows....... :(

Seeing them again last year in OZ has left me wanting MORE!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    philthehip wrote:
    Is this not the Spice Girls fan club??? :lol:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Think you got the wrong forum!

I´ve been sharing thoughts in the tenclub when synergy was still around. Remember when you did not have to be a member to be able to post?

Well, as a fan, new and old, that has never been aware of these forums, would want info of the band and tours and realize how people complain about everything (wich I believe it is their own right to do so), I just wanted to give them a push forward to try and catch PJ live. Actually I was hoping people from around the world that has never had the opportunity of having them close would take a chance and travel. Like my case. And lots of people do.

Not all fans are TC members. Wich means they can´t post here. Well, I was only trying to encourage some of you to become one and maybe have the chance to make it to New York, Boston, Portugal, wherever. Being able to post in threads where you could find spare TC tickets is not that hard. I found tickets this way for two friends that joined me that never even look at this site.

Yeah, I don´t think I´m in the wrong forum for that.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I think the phrase "preaching to the choir" may apply in this situation. :D
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

over bends wrote:

Well, have you read what some members of the choir have to say?

Hell, I just read someone say they are never going to a show again because... Ah nevermind.
  • PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    60 different songs out of 110, there's alot of bands that do this. Not always the best thing if you are a casual fan, but I'm not a casual fan. :lol:
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    60 different songs out of 110, there's alot of bands that do this. Not always the best thing if you are a casual fan, but I'm not a casual fan. :lol:

Yeah? Really? Who?

When I told a friend I was going to see PJ, he could not believe I was not expecting to catch Jeremy live and that things like this is what makes PJ great.

They did Jeremy in LA, who would have known? The place went bezerk.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Uh I think you're preaching to the converted here! :lol:
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Uh I think you're preaching to the converted here! :lol:

:idea:

Ok. maybe i should have titled this thread "stop complaining about _________", but that would have been feeding the negative vibe.
    You know what? How I wished PJ would come to guatemala and charge 92 dollars.
    It took 2 days and 20 pages to lock that thread?
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    over bends wrote:

Can I get an ‘evolution’ hallelujah? :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :mrgreen:

• PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    im taking my son this time and warned him that it may ruin every other concert to come
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I wish my parents were as cool as you PatrickBateman.
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    over bends wrote:
    yep
    I don´t know why some threads actually get so many responses. It seems that as the title leans towards the negative side the more people react to it.
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    over bends wrote:
    yep

Once again, have you read what some members of the "choir" have to say lately? I mean even after they assisted a show. To say how terrible the band performed is an opinion. I would be ok with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But to criticise a system that benefits the majority of fan members in a non constructive matter, is another thing.

If someone (outside the USA mostly) would want to finally witness PJ live and think of joining TC (in my opionion, the best way to go) for purchasing tickets or searching for spare TC tickets, would read some threads around this forum for sure might be disillusioned.

If we would really have a TC complaint the best way to deal with the problem would be contacting TC directly. Not the forums. Otherwise, it would be our way to let everyone know how unsatisfied we are without doing anything constructive and search our satisfaction. Or like someone else said, we would seem like someone that was raised thinking we are the most important person in the whole planet.

It´s not that hard either. Want to go to a PJ show? Go to the preparty. At the 4 preparties I went to (LA was not even "official" preparties) I was offered spare TC tickets. I already had them. But if you did not win the lottery, then maybe you could upgrade yours and give your reserved ticket that might think of this one a gold ticket. If you could not go to the preparty, then "asi es la vida". Grow up.
  • im taking my son this time and warned him that it may ruin every other concert to come

Love the avatar! Wish they'd make a shirt for the hartford show! Can't wait for the day to come that I take my teenage child to their first PJ show :D
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
    force-10 wrote:
    I don´t know why some threads actually get so many responses. It seems that as the title leans towards the negative side the more people react to it.

it's human nature. we suck like that.