Was it really 16 years ago today = GreatestConcertEva!

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Uncle Josh and I still listen to this while tailgating before every concert. This was the definition of a perfect concert. Doug Pinnick of Kings X doing the best WMA ever. Eddie being very quotable, with "This song is dedicated to the bastard that married my mama" or "soon we'll all be on the stools, you can be on the stools."

I think we all should at some point today listen to Atlanta 94 and have a beer.

http://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-LIVE-A ... se/1115938

BTW, Ambience?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    One of my very favorite boots!!!

That W.M.A. is indeed very good but my favorite from that night has to be Indifference- it's actually flawless- a truly incredible version.

Great versions of Satan's Bed & Rats as well.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    That makes me feel old. I didn't go to that show but I did go to a show just before that one. Can't believe it's been that long.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    I love that show, at that time I didn't even know they existed but now I can clearly seen that concert was one of a kind. I prefer that version of W.M.A. from the Bonnaroo.
    México 24/11/2011
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    we belong together was magical
  • Boston '94 > Atlanta '94
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shit! I was cleaning my grill today and I totally listened to the wrong boot. I listened to Mansfield 3 from 2003 instead of Atlanta! Let me go listen to Atlanta now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    This is arguably the best concerts PJ ever played. Once the first notes of Release are played, you know you are in for a treat. I didn't get a chance to listen today but will real soon. This and Soldier Field will be played real soon.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • krymsinkrymsin Posts: 75
    jms wrote:
    That makes me feel old. I didn't go to that show but I did go to a show just before that one. Can't believe it's been that long.

And I was listening to the live broadcast on the radio, thanks to my then-girlfriend who heard it and gave a call.

Old, indeed...
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • been listening to it a lot lately.
  • jms wrote:

me too! I was at the night before show as well.
  • BH198990BH198990 Posts: 174
    i too listened to it on the radio ....taped it, huddled in the corner of my parent's bedroom, headphones on...3 encores later, my mind was completely blown....i was already a diehard, but i was only 15, and had been shut out on tix for that tour, so i wasn't ready for them being that good over a whole show, or for that long of a show...
    Favorite Moments:
    Ed, after a long Garden solo - "That was nice Mike...." Rats 'Michael Jackson was innocent...." WMA "Look in your history books tomorrow...." All out rocking version of Whipping (1st time hearing that song), Sonic Reducer, 1st time hearing Betterman.....Go - "This one's for Kurt....".....Intense version of Porch....the intro to Satan's BEd (1st time hearing that one too..) " We don't really know this one but,...us...Fuck it, play it anyway, that's right!!..." Release into Rearviewmirror into Whipping was epic for me.....

just too many things to say...if this was the only bootleg i ever had gotten (and i've got at least 50), it would've been enough....

cheers
    aaron
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    krymsin wrote:
    jms wrote:

And I was listening to the live broadcast on the radio, thanks to my then-girlfriend who heard it and gave a call.

Old, indeed...

I heard it on the radio (by happenstance) in my parents van while my dad was driving part of our b-ball team home from a game. I distinctly remember the whole van raving about how "pearl jam sounds way better live than they do on the tape."

"Jeff A-ment getting ready to play his stand-up bass, hes stilling down on a stool, hes just getting ready for 40 years from now when we play... can sit on the stool the whole show, well all sit on stools and you can sit on stools"
  • I remember taping it off the radio like it was yesterday.

Amazing show...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Every time I hear the notes to Release I know I'm going to be in for a treat with this show. Just the personification of the term EPIC and I agree with all the above posters. I really hope maybe if they play Atlanta in 2014 that they maybe do a run of songs from this setlist as sort of an homage. The perfect setlist combined with national syndication really pushed these guys to the stratosphere.
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    Anybody know how the show from the night before compared? You never hear too much about 4/2/94
  • i still have two 90 min cassette tapes with the entire show recorded from 102.7fm NYC. i listened to the show last night on pearljamlive.com as well to celebrate the anniversary of the show. :geek: it was fun listening to the encore breaks with all the bit recordings and the bouncing basketball. man, it still feels like yesterday. :D
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594

That was my SU on FB last night for today.

No other version of WMA will ever be better than the one from Fox show.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • i love the Deep from this show. furious!
  • MAS wrote:
    Anybody know how the show from the night before compared? You never hear too much about 4/2/94

I was at that show. My second Pearl Jam show, it was great, I have a boot of this one that I love to listen to.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Not to rain on anybodys parade but I don't see how it can be the best show ever without any no code yield binaural riot act pearl jam and backspacer, I agree with the guy that said the best show is still to come, cus we will probably get another album and that allows room to make a more awesome show
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

That was my SU on FB last night for today.

No other version of WMA will ever be better than the one from Fox show.

That is awesome, SOLAT. Hope you had a cool Easter! :D
    Why are there no video clips or photos of this show?!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Exactly. Can you imagine having a Klausen poster for this?
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Any T-shirts from this show? I still have the CDs from WBCN of the show.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    had the tape of this show and listened to it on my sony sportsman what an awesome early show. really set a standard of show excellence

he won the lottery
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...