Just Breathe as a first dance wedding song?

Viva La WeinerViva La Weiner Posts: 284
edited April 2010 in The Porch
What do you all think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MANKINDMANKIND Posts: 218
    that might just make it more cheesier than it already is.
    Va Beach 08-03-00, Pittsburgh 04-28-03, State College 05-03-03, Hershey 07-12-03, Boston 09-29-04, Reading 10-01-04, Philly 10-03-05, Camden 05-27-06, Pittsburgh 06-23-06, Va Beach 06-17-08, Philly 10-30-09, Philly 10-31-09, Bristow 05-13-10
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think it very romantic, great choice. Happy wedding!
  • pandora wrote:
    I think it very romantic, great choice. Happy wedding!

Thanks but it is not for me, I am the best man in the wedding and just wanted to get a feel. I am not in love with it as a choice but it is not my day. I tried to get a pj song into my wedding but we could not decide on an appropriate song, granted it was 3 yr ago.
  • While I think it's a beautiful song it does not necessarily make a good first dance IMO. The sound may fit the mood but the meaning in the lyrics is waaaaayyyy off. It's akin to selecting Last Kiss. Maybe Last Exit? :lol:
  • Thin Air is better, lyrics better, better beat to dance to..ballroom style such as a rhumba, I know, I did it! and everyone was like what a great/beautiful song..who sings that? good luck!
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i say . its your night and your first dance . it wouldn't matter what song u pick . just do your thing . :D:D

these clowns will talk u out of your underwear if u let them . lol :lol::lol::lol:
  • jokertt wrote:
    i say . its your night and your first dance . it wouldn't matter what song u pick . just do your thing . :D:D

these clowns will talk u out of your underwear if u let them . lol :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I would. No underwear dude. Trust me on that one. It brings new meaning to Just Breathe as well.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    How cheesy is this... My bf and his gal want to use this as their first dance song, but they want me to play it at the wedding!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • OkumOkum Posts: 231
    Yes I understand that every life must end, aw huh,..

These are the lyrics you want to start off your first dance as a newly married couple?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Hey, cut him some slack - fine choice :) But this is coming from the guy who went with November Rain by GNR to begin a marriage that lasted 2 years hahaha.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    My wife and I used it as our first dance a month ago. It went over very well. The strings really make it a good choice.

Two weeks later, it got played at my friend George's wedding. Not as their first dance but as the next song right after as the dinner was starting to be served.

I highly recommend it!
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Gmoney wrote:
    How cheesy is this... My bf and his gal want to use this as their first dance song, but they want me to play it at the wedding!!
    Hey, I think that is a wonderful honor and memory for a lifetime of friends spent together. Do Pearl Jam proud!
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    pandora wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:
    Hey, I think that is a wonderful honor and memory for a lifetime of friends spent together. Do Pearl Jam proud!
    I can play it beautifully on guitar... But I can't sing for the life of me!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • It was our first dance song back in October, I was adamant about having a PJ song. My husband loved it, and I still think it was the perfect choice.
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
    My buddy played it acoustic, sans lyrics, at our friend's wedding last summer right after it came out. Absolutely perfect choice if the setting is right...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    good choice but i'd rather pick hummus ;)
  • Parachutes?
    The live Untitled (MFC intro)?
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • It was our first dance song back in October, I was adamant about having a PJ song. My husband loved it, and I still think it was the perfect choice.

excellent, I will be playing guitar with the band. I have thought about it long and hard (that is what she said) over the weekend but at a wedding, how many people actually listen to the lyrics. Just hope playing the guitar with a tux is not an issue ;)
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    When I first heard just breathe I thought this song way exceeds parachutes as a wedding song.
    Remember when people raved about playing parachutes at their wedding?
    To me the parachutes lyrics really didn’t fit.
    Just Breathe, yes 100% perfect lyrics.

MB999 wrote:
    Just hope playing the guitar with a tux is not an issue ;)

sounds alright to me. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• well it was a success and everyone was happy, the band rocked the song and did PJ justice. I would recommend the song to any hardcore pj fan that is thinking of a song for their wedding. Cheers.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    MB999 wrote:
    What do you all think?
    how about Blue Sky by the allman brothers?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Davidtrios wrote:
    good choice but i'd rather pick hummus ;)
    yuk! hummus makes me fart
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    i don't like gritty hummus.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    MB999 wrote:
    What do you all think?

i think "the end" would suit the situation better
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...