Kirstie Alley BOTTLED WATER?!?!

TravisTheSkyTravisTheSky Posts: 615
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
sss010.jpg
sss009.jpg

What on earth is this? I've seen weird promos for TV shows, but this is a new one. A young couple handed me two empty bottles of this. I don't know if they ever held water or not. One contained a rolled-up paper inside: A literal 'message in a bottle' with a phone number for an Herbalife distributor.

Weird!

Unlike all single-serving beverage containers sold in California, these do not have the CRV refund coding to be able to sell them for 5 cents. So I'll have to sneak them in with a batch of properly coded CRV water bottles when I sell the contents of the building's recycle bins.
"May you live in interesting times."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Probably the only water you can drink and gain weight :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    It must be water mixed with bacon grease.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I love Kirstie she is a real type person, very honest with a great sense of humor. She's beautiful whatever size she is at. She lost her mama in a car accident caused by a drunk driver the year I married, that accident leaving her father injured. She is strong and smart and a good mother. People who judge her because of the size she is at shows the small mindset they are living their lives in, being very low on the spiritual totem pole.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    pandora wrote:
    I love Kirstie she is a real type person, very honest with a great sense of humor. She's beautiful whatever size she is at. She lost her mama in a car accident caused by a drunk driver the year I married, that accident leaving her father injured. She is strong and smart and a good mother. People who judge her because of the size she is at shows the small mindset they are living their lives in, being very low on the spiritual totem pole.

Oh come on. Just poking a little fun. No harm done. I've seen ads on TV of her joking about her own weight. I'm on the hefty side myself so it's not like I think I'm better than anyone. It's all in good fun.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    youngster wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Oh come on. Just poking a little fun. No harm done. I've seen ads on TV of her joking about her own weight. I'm on the hefty side myself so it's not like I think I'm better than anyone. It's all in good fun.
    often here on the board the just fun turns pretty bad, just hoping people always think before they make a comment that might be mean spirited and not really fun. I mostly wanted to say how much I admire her though as a woman who faced tragedy in her life and as a person whom I would like to be like.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Anybody that thinks they're so important they should pitch their own reality show deserves to be made fun of.
  • After I posted this, I looked on eBay if the bottles are worth anything. There are no current auctions, but there were three 99 cent listings last week: One sold at that price, the other two went unsold.

It's the type of thing has the potential to sell for a little more if fans were aware of the product. But I don't think anyone looking for Kirstie memorabilia would type in 'water bottle' as keywords. Ya know?

Personally, I don't think she's famous enough. I'll cash in the containers for 5 cents.

The eBay listings showed photos of the bottles when full and when empty, so now I understand the design. With water inside, Kirstie looks morbidly obese. With no water, she is much thinner.
    "May you live in interesting times."