Hey Foxymophandlemama makes list????

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    "This song off of Pearl Jam’s 1994 smash hit Vitalogy loops and samples recordings of actual patients from various institutions. It’s hard to argue that this was created for anything other than shock value."

Interesting. Did not know that actually.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • "This song off of Pearl Jam’s 1994 smash hit Vitalogy loops and samples recordings of actual patients from various institutions. It’s hard to argue that this was created for anything other than shock value."

Interesting. Did not know that actually.
    yeah, I don't remember reading or hearing about that either.
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    I really want to know what's this song about, Used to hated when I got Vitalogy, but now I like it, it's bizarre, obscure but it fits Vitalogy perfectly :crazy: ... That would be a question for any of the PJ members if someday have the chance to ask them something... The answer I bet will be so freaking interesting... :wtf:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • From what I remember (so yeah that's like when i was 10 years old) is that it was recordings from an actual patient with a disorder. Jack Irons is fuckin weird. I like it. He did the red dot song on yield too.
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    From what I remember (so yeah that's like when i was 10 years old) is that it was recordings from an actual patient with a disorder. Jack Irons is fuckin weird. I like it. He did the red dot song on yield too.
    Yea I love the disjointed drumming on it
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    this song just got even more creepier...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    I got this from another web site:

LYRICS

Do you know when people love you?

My spanking, that's the only thing I want so much. Spanking, that's the only thing I want so much. That's the only thing I want so much.

Do you want people to love you?

My spanking, that's the only thing I want so much. That's the only thing I want so much.

Why is that better than being hugged?

Why is that better than being hugged? Because you get closer to the person. Closer to the person. Why is that better than being hugged? Because you get closer to the person. Closer to the person. Just like a person having sex feels cared for. They wanna be loved, so they have sex together and they feel loved about that. And this is the way it makes me feel, loved. I want it, I dream about it, I think about it, I want it. Just like a girl wants sex with a boy, you know? It's the way I'll always be probably.

My last one was..., was born in the system.

See, they're stupid, really stupid those people over there. They're stupid. These people are so below mentality, honest to god, really. Find me, he got the nerve to bug me. Find me, he got the nerve to bug me. Below mentality, honest to god, really. Find me, he got the nerve to bug me. Honest to god, really. Find me, he got the nerve to bug me. Bug me. Bug me. He got the nerve to bug me.

Everything seems so hateful. I don't know. People seem so hateful, and I, I don't know if that's my imagination, but reality.

Me foxymophandlemama, that's me.

And I don't know if that's my imagination, but reality.

Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me. Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me. Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me. Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me.

Don't know if that's my imagination, but reality.

Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me.

She prides herself on her cleaning habits. She prides herself on her cleaning habits.

Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me.

She prides herself on her cleaning habits. She prides herself on her cleaning habits.

This mop is still in one piece. Good mop. There's something really secret about no streaking. See any other old dumb mop, it streaks. Come on mop, quit streaking mop. Mop. I don't mind mopping the floor, but when my mop streaks, I don't like it. I can't use the mop. I told my boss to get new mops. Be away with this old stupid...

The most won't mop. I don't mop!

Here the floor looks beautiful.

I don't mop!

I don't mop! The most won't mop. The most won't mop. The most won't mop. The most won't mop. The most won't mop.

You're right, it's...stupid.

The most won't mop. I don't mop!

That's why they call me mophandlemama.

That's why they call me mophandlemama. That's why they call me mophandlemama. That's why they call my mophandlemama.

In two weeks, before she could see herself turn just 23 this May, even though she disturbed no one today, the manager told her to completely forget.

I'll never do it again, I swear.

How do I tell the whole world that I'm mentally ill? Or that I'm crazy? I wanna come home and I wanna settle down. I can go out in the world and not act crazy. And I can still fantasize, but keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

What do you think this is?

Do you have a gun?

Three.

Do you have a gun?

Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

Do you have a gun? Do you have a gun?

I keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

Do you have a gun?

And I can still fantasize, but keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

Do you have a gun?

Three.

Do you ever think that you actually would kill yourself?

Well, I have thought about.. well... well uh deep... yes, I believe I would. I have thought about.. well... well uh deep... yes, I believe I would.

And I can still fantasize, but keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. I can go out in the world and not act crazy. And I can still fantasize, but keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

Do you have a gun?

And not act crazy. And I can still fantasize, but keep it to myself. Keep it to myself. Keep it to myself.

Do you have a gun? You're a very lucky girl. Do you ever think that you actually would kill yourself?

Well, I have thought about.. well... well uh deep... yes, I believe I would
  • PASSION76PASSION76 Posts: 136
    Thanks for the lyrics Dark Star ;) . I've always loved this song, it's trippy, experimental, intense and fucking crazy and Vitalogy wouldn't be complete without it.
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Still amazes me that some folk still regard this piece of work as 'filler'.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i used to lie in bed and listen to the 3 albums back to back when there were only 3 albums.. and i always had to go back and listen to another song after foxymop because it spooked me too much and i couldn't go to sleep afterwards