Down

jester59388jester59388 Posts: 150
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I am having one of the worst weeks of my life. I'll spare you the details, but it had me once again contemplating the unthinkable. That is something I have not done since my divorce and the events leading up to it more than a decade ago. I swore I wold never get that bad again. Today, it was all I could do just to get out of bed this morning and go to work. The one highlight of my day is PJ on my MP3 player as I ride the train back and forth during my commute. I have the entire PJ catalogue on there and play it straight through from A to Z. This morning, we went from "Crown of Thorns" to "Elderly Woman." And today, although I have heard Down a couple of hundred times, I think today is the first time I actually LISTENED to it >>>>>

Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line.
Oh rise. You can't be neutral on a moving train.
One day ... the symptoms fade.
Think I'll throw these pills away.
And if hope could grow from dirt like me
It can be done.
Won't let the light escape from me!
Won't let the darkness swallow me!

You don't know how much I REALLY needed to hear that. I think I'm going to be okay now.

Thanks, PJ for the many ways you touch my life.
a fool not a fucking god ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mreese9mreese9 Posts: 91
    Amen brother.
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 535
    You know, "it's already been said, but it can't be said enough... all you need is love." - this is no mere platitude, this is survival.
    Your light made us stars
  • MSnider44MSnider44 Posts: 746
    Keep your head up, brother. Everything eventually gets better.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    discover (or re-discover)"inside job" while you're at it...
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    MSnider44 wrote:
    Keep your head up, brother. Everything eventually gets better.
    Yup.

I feel for you jester. People can say all the right things to you right now but it doesn't prevent you from feeling how you feel. Although I KNOW things will get better, Im glad you have Down to keep you up in the time when it feels the worse. Down was my song after my engagement fell through a couple years ago...

And if hope could grow from dirt like me
    It can be done
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    I'm not even going to pretend to know what you're going through but keep your head up. Life's beauties definitely outway the ugly, you just have to open your eyes. Best of luck in the future my friend. Please know that everyone on this board is here for support.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Posts: 1,019
    Keep your chin up mate

' all the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead'

Thumbing my Way
    rustedsigns
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    stay positive old son summers on its way, life's always better in the sun ;)