fs: eddie vedder budich print

edited April 2010 in The Porch
looking for 110 plus shipping. also looking for some dmb posters or single pit tix to specific dmb shows will pay the difference in cash if you have a pair
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    Not a bad rate of return to attempt to double your money in 9 days....
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I just don't get this print. Not done by the band, not done for a show. I saw somebody wanting to trade it for a kenyon hall the other day. Really? Kenyon Hall show was a very intimate show for a few hundred people and the poster was really cool for it, done by Klausen. To trade that poster for this poster just seems odd to me. I'll take my show posters over this one. It's nice, I would've bought it if I won that lottery, but wasn't bummed when I didn't get it.

So 200% markup on a non-show poster? A poster not even sanctioned by the band it depicts?
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    Is this that poster that looks made using a Photoshop filter..?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    jambayleaf wrote:
    So 200% markup on a non-show poster? A poster not even sanctioned by the band it depicts?
    All of the hype on this release is from the OP of this thread and one other person - otherwise its not really being pushed much.

It's not bad or anything, but with the boatloads of show posters floating around for much less I don't get it.
    The poster itself just seems so, not a Pearl Jam thing to do. Here's a picture of Eddie's face. When have they done that? Eddie has been in posters for his solo tour, but it seemed like it was done more of drawings of him, more artsy. This one just seems too real or something. I don't know. Might get flamed for saying that. Am I wrong?
    You're batman!- George
    jambayleaf wrote:
    The poster itself just seems so, not a Pearl Jam thing to do. Here's a picture of Eddie's face. When have they done that? Eddie has been in posters for his solo tour, but it seemed like it was done more of drawings of him, more artsy. This one just seems too real or something. I don't know. Might get flamed for saying that. Am I wrong?
    Not to me, although art is always so subjective. :)
  • jambayleaf wrote:
    I just don't get this print. Not done by the band, not done for a show. I saw somebody wanting to trade it for a kenyon hall the other day. Really? Kenyon Hall show was a very intimate show for a few hundred people and the poster was really cool for it, done by Klausen. To trade that poster for this poster just seems odd to me. I'll take my show posters over this one. It's nice, I would've bought it if I won that lottery, but wasn't bummed when I didn't get it.

guess you aren't aware that it is a poster where 100 % of thecolorsblend profits went directly to your choice of charities in the gave section on here. hyping it? hahahah! do explain
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I wasn't going to go for it until I got the email about giving the money to charity. But I didn't get picked so que sera sera. I'd feel a wee bit too stalker-ish to have this on my walls anyway. Walls which are covered in PJ posters btw, just none of actual band members.

Peace,
    KJ
    ms259093 wrote:
    guess you aren't aware that it is a poster where 100 % of thecolorsblend profits went directly to your choice of charities in the gave section on here. hyping it? hahahah! do explain
    What does that have to do with the fact that you've been pimping these posters since the release AND you got yours before the charity sale.

And hyping it? Most of your posts are related to trading/selling/hyping this poster...
  • drsluggo wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:
    What does that have to do with the fact that you've been pimping these posters since the release AND you got yours before the charity sale.

And hyping it? Most of your posts are related to trading/selling/hyping this poster...

show me hyping? i am free to sell or trade wahtever I want. maybe i need to make some threads or posts complaining that I didn't get tix for a show, how much the 10 sux, how tickets are too expensive. nobody is forcing anyone to buy. you don't want to buy, great. no need for unnecessary comments but then again I am a dmb fan also and we all know that dmb and pj fans can't get along
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    Will your profit from selling this poster go to charity? ;) Or are you selling it for X % higher price as a political remark on the rise in cost of Pearl Jam tickets? ;)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Will your profit from selling this poster go to charity? ;) Or are you selling it for X % higher price as a political remark on the rise in cost of Pearl Jam tickets? ;)

definite political statement. why beat them when you can join them. the practise of selling posters for over face has been going on a long time. i guess everyone on here sells all posters and memorabilia for face.
    ms259093 wrote:
    show me hyping? i am free to sell or trade wahtever I want. maybe i need to make some threads or posts complaining that I didn't get tix for a show, how much the 10 sux, how tickets are too expensive. nobody is forcing anyone to buy. you don't want to buy, great. no need for unnecessary comments but then again I am a dmb fan also and we all know that dmb and pj fans can't get along
    Don't be mad at me for pointing out your poster wasnt a charity poster when you implied it was.

Don't be angry that almost every one of your posts is about this poster.

"anyone notice that one of these just sold for 150.00"

"Poster is only worth what someone wll pay for it" (this was in reply to people saying this is not worth a Kenyon Hall or equivalent)

"nobody thought the jack johnson or the dave matthews budich prints would blowup as much as they did. so only time will tell."

"also if you were a big enough fan and wanted this print you would probably do or pay just about anything"

You're right - you aren't hyping this poster up at all. :lol:
  • drsluggo wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:
    Don't be mad at me for pointing out your poster wasnt a charity poster when you implied it was.

"Poster is only worth what someone wll pay for it" (this was in reply to people saying this is not worth a Kenyon Hall or equivalent)

"nobody thought the jack johnson or the dave matthews budich prints would blowup as much as they did. so only time will tell."

"also if you were a big enough fan and wanted this print you would probably do or pay just about anything"

i never said the poster I got was from thecolorsblend. it's true, a poster is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. nothing that i said is hype, it is called an opinion. hype is what people have done with the ipad. i do find it funny that you went and found all of my posts regarding this print. sorry i don't sit on this messageboard all day and talk about the band.
  • it's also ironic that thecolorsblend mailing list went over 1000 ppl when this print was announced on their site
    drsluggo wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:

Gotta love somebody who does their homework. If $110 was going to one of the charities, I would say it's a good deal. However, this is making money off of a $55 donation to a charity. Go sell it on a Dave Matthews board. They might like it. It's kinda of shitty, in my opinion, to make money after a charity auction. And if you didn't get it from that auction, I still think it's a little douche-ee. Again, it's not a Pearl Jam print. It's an "eddie" print. Could be anybody, even though it's not. Good luck, but just throw up an Ebay auction next time. PJ fans look over those auctions for overpriced stuff all the time. No need to prostitute a halfway decent print here, just because it's "limited edition".
    You're batman!- George
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    you hear that ..... its the PEARL JAM POLICE ......cmon guys get a life .... ...leave the guy alone ...... sometime this site is filled with such childish arguments .....

FYI i got a SANTA BARBARA 2006 POSTER FOR SALE done by EMEK .......ill sell it cheap make me an offer.......

o wait never mind it wasnt by pearl jam so i guess you dont want it ...

got two actually
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    absolutely lame piece of "art" - or not-art is more like it. I've made better on my mac. If you'd like me to have D&L print some up, let me know. This thing is NAAAZZZZTTTYYYY.

But as you say, to each his own.
    joe2468 wrote:
    you hear that ..... its the PEARL JAM POLICE ......cmon guys get a life .... ...leave the guy alone ...... sometime this site is filled with such childish arguments .....

FYI i got a SANTA BARBARA 2006 POSTER FOR SALE done by EMEK .......ill sell it cheap make me an offer.......

o wait never mind it wasnt by pearl jam so i guess you dont want it ...

got two actually

Not the PJ police, just throwing my 2 cents in. Dont really like to get into arguments on here. Just seems like something that went for charity 2 days ago, and now its up for profit is pretty asshat-ish. Just suggesting Ebay might be a better option than throwing it on here, thinking he might get more bites here. What do I know, I'm drunk and it's FRiday. Cheers!
    You're batman!- George
    joe2468 wrote:
    I'm not policing... just pointing out that this poster has been trying to hype this print up by posting about it like 40 times in the last week or two and now is trying to sell it. And on top of that they then advertised it like it was a charity auction when they had already posted they bought two on the first non-charity drop. I just find it funny, that's all...

Anyone can sell anything they want, but if someone does it like this I'm happy to chime in. It has nothing to do with the product, just the way the person has been trying to pump it up over 10 days to turn around and sell it.
    ms259093 wrote:
    it's also ironic that thecolorsblend mailing list went over 1000 ppl when this print was announced on their site
    Of course, this wouldn't qualify as trying to pump up your potential poster sale since those other comments weren't either, right? :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    ms259093 wrote:
    it's also ironic that thecolorsblend mailing list went over 1000 ppl when this print was announced on their site
    Its like raaaaaaaiiiiiiinn on your wedding day
    a free riiiiiiiide when you already paid
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • stotstot Posts: 207
    I'm not in love with the print. But I want the complete set of Eddie posters. Only missing a couple now. I think it needs to be framed in black matte and thick black frame to tone done the brightness of it.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • poster has been traded for 1 of my iso!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ms259093 wrote:
    poster has been traded for 1 of my iso!

i told you you would sell/trade it ....just got to learn how to ignore the riff-raff....

i wonder if Pearl Jam was ever having a concert in a bar for 100 people INVITE ONLY and the tickets where only $50 going to CHARITY ..... i could only imagine what some people would pay for $50 CHARITY tickets on ebay/stibhub OR EVEN HERE.... i know i would drop a grand if i had it .. to se pearl jam in a bar with 100 other people

CASE CLOSED
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    joe2468 wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:
    poster has been traded for 1 of my iso!

i told you you would sell/trade it ....just got to learn how to ignore the riff-raff....

i wonder if Pearl Jam was ever having a concert in a bar for 100 people INVITE ONLY and the tickets where only $50 going to CHARITY ..... i could only imagine what some people would pay for $50 CHARITY tickets on ebay/stibhub OR EVEN HERE.... i know i would drop a grand if i had it .. to se pearl jam in a bar with 100 other people

CASE CLOSED

My mom makes kickass rice krispie bars. Has nothing to do with this thread, and really neither does your response. I'm glad some random poster has found a home. Let's move on. Can't wait for KC!
    You're batman!- George
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I have a sealed ITW vinyl that I guess I'll let go for $1500.
    Lemme know guys.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • I have a sealed ITW vinyl that I guess I'll let go for $1500.
    Lemme know guys.

i will trade a napkin that eddie vedder used while out to dinner in toronto. otherwise how dare you try and sell something on here. your post is not band related. please try and find something else to talk about besides trying to sell your itw vinyl. thank you come again