Porch Jam Section

LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
edited April 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
What are the chords for the jam section of Porch?
2003: Madison Square Garden 1
2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
2008: Madison Square Garden 2
2010: Newark
2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Em for a while

then Em - D - Bm - C

that's how i like it :D
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I just played Em and got away with it. But the previous chords sound better. SO if you wanna be slacker, do my thing...but it probably won't sound perfect
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Em - D - Bm - C works well. pretty sure ive heard stone play it in versions of porch, both old and new.

in many versions, half way through the jam stone would break it down and literally just play the notes on the A string rather than chords. eg all on the A string, 7th fret, 5th fret, 2nd fret, 3rd fret (someone correct me if im wrong my music theory sucks)

also during the jam bit these days stone also often plays his own lead, but different style to mike. if you hear his lead its more jam oriented rather than mike who plays the true lead style. stone keeps it at an easy pace but still sounds awesome. melbourne 2009 is an awesome example of him and mike jamming together on porch, then he does the Em D Bm C progression while mike plays more, then the build up into chrorus. ahhh porch is such a great track to jam to with friends hehe.

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    Thanks all. It's really interesting because it takes off in this wild direction that's so different than the verse. Great song, one of my favorites when they play live.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    I play power chords:

X X X X
    7 5 2 3
    9 7 4 5