Who is working today???

2»

Comments

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm off today but I was at my workplace this morning for my dad's biopsy.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I just got home for work. My first Friday at work since November. I've been laid off for a bit (for real Speedy) and it feels good to be back. It was almost 70 in Boston today and I was working downtown on a roof in the beautiful sunlight. Ahhhhhh, summer is almost here.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Is today some holiday I am not aware of? Of course I am at work. Why would someone have today off? No one I know takes a 3-day Easter weekend.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Is today some holiday I am not aware of? Of course I am at work. Why would someone have today off? No one I know takes a 3-day Easter weekend.

A lot of places close for Good Friday, I don't know why, being it is a religious holiday

my place NEVER closes (open 365 days - 24/7), so I'm here. I'm falling asleep, but I'm here :lol:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    aNiMaL wrote:

A lot of places close for Good Friday, I don't know why, being it is a religious holiday

my place NEVER closes (open 365 days - 24/7), so I'm here. I'm falling asleep, but I'm here :lol:
    Places other than bible book stores?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Well I was over at the park at lunch time and I think I was the only one in line that had to go back to work after lunch. The rest of the people were there enjoying the gorgeous weather we're having here in Philly today.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I had to work longer than usual today but I didn't mind. I saw and talked to a lot of people I like.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm working today...but earned a comp day and I'll be off Monday :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Nope, over here Good Friday and the following Monday are bank holidays so most people have four days off.
    Next bank holiday isn't until the end of May!
    (I get 33 days annual leave a year, can earn up to two flexi days off a month on top, plus the 8 bank holidays in England - other parts of the UK have more days!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I'm working today too, but I help to monitor the water supply of several million people, so someone has to be here all the time to make sure it remains one of the purest sources of drinking water in the country.

Plus I work and live in relative peace and quiet, in one of the most beautiful places in the United States.

I'm quite proud of the work I do and I hold my work in high regard... and so do most people who know me.

I've gotten almost all the work done now...
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Well I worked till midnight thurs night, had to be outta there by then as they didn't want to pay p/h rates. Then had my 4 day weekend blown by getting called into work sunday. They wanted me to work 8-5pm sunday!!!???!! :roll: Errmmm. NO. So going in at 3pm instead...sunday rates are pretty good. Damned bastards don't class easter sunday as a public holiday in queensland....otherwise it would've been a tidy 270% penalty rate for the day!!! Then top it off I have a midnight start monday night and my 5yo is on school holidays so I will be an absolute zombie when I get home at 5.30 tuesday morning.

Happy happy joy joy! :lol:
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    4th Race....

Old Man Buck

Robby Alborado the jockey...
    Mcpeek is the trainer....

10-1....

Give me $50 across the board.....

I bet $10 across the board and he came in 4th. Thanks for the tip! ;)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Not me (Tiger Wood's fist pump, sans prostitutes).
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    working today..start 7 in the morning and finnish tomorrow at 10 in the morning :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    working today..start 7 in the morning and finnish tomorrow at 10 in the morning :shock:

:shock: :o :shock: OMFG :o :shock:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

the worst part is,i cant sleep now...and i m here ofcourse.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

the worst part is,i cant sleep now...and i m here ofcourse.. :lol:

Hey I turned up to work for my midnight start last night to find out that my shift and 2 other peoples were supposed to have been cancelled!! :x Had the option to stay or go home...even if go home, they still have to pay minimum of 3hrs. So I stayed because the whole shift was penalty rates!!! :lol: My son is on school holidays, so didn't get any sleep today. It's 10pm, been awake for 23hrs and have gotten a second win d of energy...waaaahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    know1 wrote:
    4th Race....

Old Man Buck

Robby Alborado the jockey...
    Mcpeek is the trainer....

10-1....

Give me $50 across the board.....

I bet $10 across the board and he came in 4th. Thanks for the tip! ;)
    I only put $5 across, so I only hate Speedy half as much as you.
    This weekend we rock Portland