Easter plans???

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,476
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So?? Where are you going??? What are you doing??? Whats on the menu??

I have just found out Kathy will be working, which means I wont be going to her folks house. I wasnt planning on going to my folks house, either.

So it looks like I will be at home, and maybe grill some steaks, when Kathy gets home from work.

I will also watch "The Ten Commandments" for the 35th straight year. (Yes, I am serious)
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Being jewish, I plan on hiding...

That Mel Gibson movie did not do me any favors...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    really small and mellow this year. just me, mr. dream and my mom. i am truly looking forward to it tho! the weather is meant to be crazy gorgeous! so, we will more than likely hang in the garden with a few drinks...then heading over to our fave italian place for dinner. think it will be a VERY nice holiday. :D

enjoy!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,476

oy vey.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801

I wasnt crazy bout
    Apocalypto either ;)
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Going over to my sister's house with my folks and enjoy a nice brunch. My sister won a 48inch flat screen t.v and they sent a 54inch by mistake. So I'm sure will watch something on it. :)

I'm making bloody marys for starters. hehe
    Going over to my sister's house with my folks and enjoy a nice brunch. My sister won a 48inch flat screen t.v and they sent a 54inch by mistake. So I'm sure will watch something on it. :)

I'm making bloody marys for starters. hehe
    NICE!!!

cha ching!!!!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Having family coming over. Mom is going to start making the sauce tomorrow for ravioli's. Menu: ravioli's and assorted meats in the sauce, pork, ham, potato's, vegetables, bread, salad, and other stuff, too, I think.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    To Mom's house for lunch on Sunday after church.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    really small and mellow this year. just me, mr. dream and my mom. i am truly looking forward to it tho! the weather is meant to be crazy gorgeous! so, we will more than likely hang in the garden with a few drinks...then heading over to our fave italian place for dinner. think it will be a VERY nice holiday. :D

enjoy!

that sounds nice :P

as for me, I'll just be chillin' with the dog I think. I might treat myself and like Speedy grill a steak :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

enjoy!

as for me, I'll just be chillin' with the dog I think. I might treat myself and like Speedy grill a steak :D
    Im going to go grill a steak...In about 10 minutes.....
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    the wolf wrote:

enjoy!

oh well, the dogs will be chillin' with us in the garden, and they will have a great time....they LOVE grandma! :D my mom now lives in a condo, she loves it....but she misses 2 things: having a backyard, and doggies.....so visiting with us, she gets a nice fix. :mrgreen:

i have not been out for italian since january! january! :shock:
    granted, we have italian food probably one a week at home, but still...i LOVE this place....i am soooooooo looking forward to the focaccia bread and hot chili oil....mmmmmm. right along with everything else. if they happen to have their flourless chocolate cake as a holiday dessert, i'm a goner.... ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Lamb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Just let me sleep, it's Easter time.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Husband working so I will go to church with my folks to my brother's church which is over a one hour drive. Not looking forward to it. A beautiful day with over two hours in the car, and another hour trying to make small talk with people I don't know (brother's parishioners) at donut/coffee breakfast, and then another hour of church including my brother's sermon. However, I am going to make the best of it. Also, I got a letter from the chairperson of the church council this past week asking for extra money above and beyond the normal donation because they want to buy another church van. The letter said that that "sometimes" an additional van or a smaller van would be helpful. That kinda bugged me. All the disasters in the world and this country, and the huge number of needy people/animals and they spend money on sending out a letter asking for money for a van that isn't really a necessity. Oh well, that's organized religion.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    The fam gets together this year at The Ram for Easter dinner.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I haven't decided what we're having for dinner yet, but I know the day with start with an Easter egg hunt.

Even though the boys are older, they still enjoy it. We color a lot of eggs on Saturday and then I hide them on Sunday. (I'll hide some chocolate for them to.) 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    probably go to mass witih my parents and sis (one of 2 times i go a year :lol: ) although my mom might not be able to do the early one because of her meds in the morning. in which case we'll all go for a long drive to the sonoma wine country and have lunch :) it'll be the first holiday we've all spent together like we used to before she got sick, hoping it goes well!

if not....there IS the wine country, buy a few crates to take home :lol:

have a happy easter for those who celebrate, or just a beautiful weekend for everyone :)
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Son and his girlfriend over for dinner. They're both in college. Have to find a vegetarian dish that make sense for the holiday, as neither of them eats meat.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104

i don't blame you for killing jeebus...you don't have to hide from me. p.s. thanks for giving the world bagels :D
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    The tribe is coming over to our house...the whole 8 of us! LOL We are having a marinated beef roast and pork roast in the webber. Have prepared potato and kumara salad w/honey mustard dressing and a bacon, tomato and avocado salad that has an awesome roasted garlic and blasamic dressing. Fresh baked bread rolls and I think a vienetta ice cream dessert.

Unfortunately no drinks for, as I have to start work at 3pm. But get a load of this...the big boss calls me today and asks if I would work 8am-5pm ...errm let me see, I have a 5yo and family coming for lunch... NO. The audacity just stunned me!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Our egg hunting days are now awaiting a grandbaby but we still color eggs and of course the feast
    Potato salad, baked beans (mine are well known), broccoli casserole, deviled eggs, spiral cut glazed ham,
    my daughter is bringing a surprise sidedish :) and rolls, pretty typical. Champagne, beer and wine. Its going to be a beautiful day here so my 3 grand doggies can run in the yard with our 3 before they each get their easter plate with all the fixings, extra for Charlie of course being the only boy in the pack :D Life is good
    pandora wrote:
    Our egg hunting days are now awaiting a grandbaby but we still color eggs and of course the feast
    Potato salad, baked beans (mine are well known), broccoli casserole, deviled eggs, spiral cut glazed ham,
    my daughter is bringing a surprise sidedish :) and rolls, pretty typical. Champagne, beer and wine. Its going to be a beautiful day here so my 3 grand doggies can run in the yard with our 3 before they each get their easter plate with all the fixings, extra for Charlie of course being the only boy in the pack :D Life is good
    HAPPY EASTER PANDI!your family is lucky to have you :mrgreen: sounds like the makings for a beautifull day.god bless you. your friend,dan
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Good Friday: Had a family Dinner over at my mom's place.
    Today: My wife has a shift at the hospital, so it's me and the kids all day. My goal for the day is to get my daughter off the training wheels on her bike.
    Sunday: Easter Egg hunt for the kids, and then we go out to brunch with my wife's family.
    probably go to mass witih my parents and sis (one of 2 times i go a year :lol: ) although my mom might not be able to do the early one because of her meds in the morning. in which case we'll all go for a long drive to the sonoma wine country and have lunch :) it'll be the first holiday we've all spent together like we used to before she got sick, hoping it goes well!

if not....there IS the wine country, buy a few crates to take home :lol:

have a happy easter for those who celebrate, or just a beautiful weekend for everyone :)
    happy easter to you too sweetie :mrgreen: :wave:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    HAPPY EASTER PANDI!your family is lucky to have you :mrgreen: sounds like the makings for a beautifull day.god bless you. your friend,dan
    God Bless You too Dan, your friendship I cherish. Have a wonderful Easter! Oh A Happy Easter Eve too! don't forget that bottle of red calling your name :D
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    God Bless You too Dan, your friendship I cherish. Have a wonderful Easter! Oh A Happy Easter Eve too! don't forget that bottle of red calling your name :D
    thanks, i won't ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hiking up mount mitchell, then finding a micro brew for beer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    happy easter to everyone! as for me,today's itinerary...coffee,easter egg hunt,big ass breakfast.loads of hugs from wife and daughter.dinner and drinks with best bud....then boom boom with the wife allllllll nightttttt longgggg 8-) i loves me some bunny day!
  • just found out my dad had an affair yesterday so i'll probably spend easter in bed. we planned to have a dinner with lamb chops and dipping easter eggs but i guess that's not happening.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    just found out my dad had an affair yesterday so i'll probably spend easter in bed. we planned to have a dinner with lamb chops and dipping easter eggs but i guess that's not happening.

OMG so sorry for you. No time is a good time to find out something like that.