sucks getting old.............

edited April 2010 in The Porch
oh, to have others fight your fights in the modern computer age.................disgusting......

admin jumping on people's necks for saying something that paints our favorite band in a less than a crystalline light........

"where I come from nothing's given....
yeah, yeah, yeah I resent nepotism...
now I paint with turpentine
I give such good paradigm..."

Pearl_Jam_body.jpg
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Snoopy. With all due respect.

If someone wrote I was a greedy sell out or similar on the front of my house I'd be removing it the second I got through with beating the shirt out of the guy who did it. This is 10c's forum and I'm surprised with what they allow to be broadcast on this forum.

Remember, a website message forum is not just a conversation between a few people, it is accessable by everyone and search engine bots and often pops up in all kind of web searches. If I google my own name, the PJ forum comes up. If I google "pearl jam sell out" this forum is on page 1, result 7. If they don't want it on their site, fair enough I say.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117

If someone wrote I was a greedy sell out or similar on the front of my house I'd be removing it the second I got through with beating the shirt out of the guy who did it. This is 10c's forum and I'm surprised with what they allow to be broadcast on this forum.

Remember, a website message forum is not just a conversation between a few people, it is accessable by everyone and search engine bots and often pops up in all kind of web searches. If I google my own name, the PJ forum comes up. If I google "pearl jam sell out" this forum is on page 1, result 7. If they don't want it on their site, fair enough I say.
    I agree.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    PAUL ANDREWS IS A GREEDY SELL OUT
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497

*runs out with a bucket and scrubbing brush*
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    he's right though. plus we all speculate on how much involvement the band has with the website/board, but really, who knows? so it's highly unlikely anyone BUT the board admin will clean up the negativity. maybe the band themselves would welcome the debate. who knows?!

besides, the massive sell out debate thread isn't locked is it?

...you're a dead man walking Mulder... there's something you can believe in Fox :)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    This is 10c's forum and I'm surprised with what they allow to be broadcast on this forum.

Its still a message board for fans discussion things (good and bad) not Nazi Germany or North Korea (or Fox News) like you want it to be.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This is 10c's forum and I'm surprised with what they allow to be broadcast on this forum.

Its still a message board for fans discussion things (good and bad) not Nazi Germany or North Korea (or Fox News) like you want it to be.

I like coming here to find a thread 'locked' and have to have a look at what was posted and who closed it.
    I see why most of the locked, get stopped before they go any further.
    It makes me think some decent people run the show,
    and, how some of us still need to be taught some manners 8-)

And getting old aint that bad.....just get wise......cheers! :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think they just everyone to play nice
    edited April 2010

It's a private message forum with rules, not a public open free-for-all. Comparisons to Nazi Germany, North Korea or even worse, Fox News are irrelevant and mischievous at best. Would you alow someone in your house who was going to call your wife a whore, kick your cat and then shit on your carpet?
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695

Paul, don't try and spread logic and common sense around the Pit. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Would you alow someone in your house who was going to shit on your carpet?

No. But I would allow them to discuss stuff if I have opened up for discussion. Even if I would not agree with that they think.

And this board is a service for fans, I don't see anywehere in the rules etc that you can't have negative opinions. This is not a Eddie Vedders private little server we have hacked - it's a discussion board open for members and luckily you can talk about other things than "post sexy photos fo Eddie" or "Backspacer is the greatest album ever and 10C is so wonderful"

But i Remember when during some class here in Sweden we were discsussion the war in Iraq and we were shown a video of a news programme from USA where a person got questioned and attacked by the anchorman for having opinions against the presidents decision to attack Iraq. It's not like this in Sweden and hopefully this will not be the case on this boards.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    For someone who SELLS a hell of alot of shit here shouldn't be so judgemental!

I don't recall them locking your threads, seems ur on that same gravy train.

Like the pot calling the kettle black...
    Would you alow someone in your house who was going to shit on your carpet?

No. But I would allow them to discuss stuff if I have opened up for discussion. Even if I would not agree with that they think.

And this board is a service for fans, I don't see anywehere in the rules etc that you can't have negative opinions. This is not a Eddie Vedders private little server we have hacked - it's a discussion board open for members and luckily you can talk about other things than "post sexy photos fo Eddie" or "Backspacer is the greatest album ever and 10C is so wonderful"

But i Remember when during some class here in Sweden we were discsussion the war in Iraq and we were shown a video of a news programme from USA where a person got questioned and attacked by the anchorman for having opinions against the presidents decision to attack Iraq. It's not like this in Sweden and hopefully this will not be the case on this boards.

I tend to agree with some of what you say, but still believe 10c have the right (and duty) to moderate their forum for a whole raft of reasons: rudeness, offensiveness and so on are always going to be subjective and it sucks if your post is moderated (I have to moderate three websites as my job, and moderating sucks just as much), but ultimately this is Pearl Jam and 10c's club and we have the choice to take our conversations eleswhere.

I believe, if you want to sledge the band, you should take it elsewhere. Fair criticism or discussion rarely seems to be moderated. I do see loads of negative threads that are not moderated at all = and even then, Kat tends to use the lock function rather than the delete.

And for the record, I agree that the American media and their bulldog interviewing (esp the douchbags at Fox) is totally unethical and disgracefull. Happy Easter ;)
    I tend to agree with some of what you say, but still believe 10c have the right (and duty) to moderate their forum for a whole raft of reasons:

I agree with this. I'm not talking about Anarchy. But not letting people discuss negative aspects of the bands decisions or 10club and instead have this as a sort of "positive comments wall" would be... well... fucking stupid. As long as things are kept polite and grounded I don't see the problem with not "loving everything", if that suddenly is a problem then this board would become a dictatorship.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    Posting Guidelines
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

see the rest at the top of forum.

Just to be clear...there is a line. Making a comment about a perceived grievance, no problem. Campaigning against the people who provide this environment is not ok. Life is a balance so remember that constantly making negative posts destroys the forum environment and posting privileges will definitely be lost. The majority have the right to visit our little party stress-free.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.