Death at a Funeral (re-make)?

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
WTF is that crap?
The original is a classic IMO!

You see the preview of the "new" movie Death at a Funeral?
Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan, whoever else... :roll:

I don't get it? I know the original didn't "do well" and most people don't know about it, but it's F'N HILARIOUS!!!! And didn't it only come out like 2-3 years ago?!?!

That's a bunch of bullshit IMO. If anything...re-release the original!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am just getting sick of great movies getting re-made.. period.. last summer they were shooting the re-make of red dawn right on my street!!! It was kinda cool but i am still fucking pissed!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • What!?

That only came out 2 years ago.

Now I'm curious what it is about it that they felt needed to be "remade"?

EDIT: wow, they even cast the same guy as the little person boyfriend! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RidTIIvXRM8
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    What!?

That only came out 2 years ago.

Now I'm curious what it is about it that they felt needed to be "remade"?

EDIT: wow, they even cast the same guy as the little person boyfriend! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RidTIIvXRM8

Hahaha! Nice find!

Either way, I'm still pissed about the whole thing!
    Had people actually been exposed to the original, there is no way this movie would be out there now.

I mean, it's the EXACT same damn thing! Only a little "blacker"... :lol:
  • Well, imitation and flattery and all that... I suppose it's a compliment to the original that liked it so much they wanted to expose it to a larger audience. After all, I don't know very many Americans who saw it. I suppose I'll give it a chance on DVD, although the preview doesn't exactly get my hopes up.

OTOH, it reminds me of my friends who were really into the original British Office and totally looked down their noses at the US version when it came out. They came around and now they love the US version, too :lol:
  • You know, I was super-pissed when I first found out about this because the original was so great and certainly didn't need to be re-made.

However, upon seeing more clips and finding out more about the cast, I'm actually looking forward to it. It is hilarious that Peter Dinklage is playing the little person again.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    honestly, i thought the original was "ok"....so i have NO idea wtf they are bothering to 'remake' it...most especially b/c cmon, the original wasn't even filmed all that long ago, it was in english...so why fuckin' bother? i don't get it. i know foreign language films are often remade to reach a wider, can't-be-bothered-to-read-subtitled film american audiences.....or old, classic films remade to catch a new audience...but this? weird....

mca47 wrote:
    WTF is that crap?
    The original is a classic IMO!

You see the preview of the "new" movie Death at a Funeral?
    Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan, whoever else... :roll:

I don't get it? I know the original didn't "do well" and most people don't know about it, but it's F'N HILARIOUS!!!! And didn't it only come out like 2-3 years ago?!?!

That's a bunch of bullshit IMO. If anything...re-release the original!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow