Iowa Steak Company

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
OK- so it was like 80 degrees in Michigan tonight, so my girl and I were sitting in our front room and our front door was open because it was so nice.
So, as we're watching the Red Wings game, and I'm enjoying a beer, I notice a guy at the door I've never seen before.
Longish hair, backwards cap, lots of tattoos. I'm thinking maybe he was having car trouble or it was a neighbor I haven't met that needed some help or something.
Turns out he was selling meat out of the back of a truck for the Iowa steak company. From the get go, I told him I wasn't interested, but he said he gets paid for the amount of presentations he gives, so if I would listen to his schpeel, he would get an extra few bucks. So I told him I'd listen. He brings in like three boxes of frozen steaks and is going on and on about the quality and what not.
Anyway, I gave him a few minutes then told him I still wasn't interested, and then he starts dropping the prices like crazy. Like at first, he was asking $550 for all of it, and then dropped down to like $150. At that point, not only was I not interested, now I'm questioning the quality of the product. After like three times of telling him I wasn't going to buy anything, he gets all in a huff, packing up as quick as he can.
I open the door for him to leave and he gets like three steps down my front walk and does that really classy thing where you cough and say "douchbag."

After he left, I googled Iowa Steak Co. and the first two things that came up were "Iowa Steak Co. Recall" and "Iowa Steak Co. scam"

Anyone ever heard of these clowns?
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    He probably just bought the cheapest steaks he could get at Costco or some shit, froze them up and tried to sell them like they were high grade meat.

Sad there are people like that out there!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    These steak salesman threads have cracked me up for years! It amazes me that people trust buying steaks from the back of a truck!!! :lol: More importantly......YOU LET HIM IN YOUR HOUSE???????? :shock: The porch is one thing but the house??!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!